Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2018 3:09:59 PM EDT
Anybody ever heard of these? I'm sure they've got to be Chinese imports?

TIA!

https://highsecuritysafecompany.com/gun-safes.html
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 3:17:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty sure they're Asian as well.

"The strongest gun safe on the planet".  Bull.  I have a ISM Super Diamond (TXTL-60) available with a gun safe interior.  I suspect it's the only of it's type available in the US, and perhaps on the planet (if you happen to have several million dollars worth of firearms).  I was told that only a few were imported into the US and mine is probably the largest of those.

If you're in the market for a high security safe for your guns you need to step away from all of the gun safe dealers and talk to somebody who's in the real safe business.  Surely somebody out there has something that would suit your needs, likely for less than what you're seeing from these others, and that is a much better safe.  You want the guys who deal with banks and jewelry stores.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You want the guys who deal with banks and jewelry stores.
View Quote
Well, since I have your attention, which safe(s) would you recommend?

If someone was looking for a TL15 or TL30 with a gun safe interior what are the common choices? I see models available from Browning, AMSEC, Hollon, Mesa and Inkas. Of these it looks like only the AMSEC is US made. Hollon appears to be US made using "global" parts.

Beyond the security rating it would be nice to have something with some decent capacity. The stuff that's out there seems to have 20 cu ft or less of room.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 4:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Beyond the security rating it would be nice to have something with some decent capacity. The stuff that's out there seems to have 20 cu ft or less of room.  
View Quote
Generally speaking, that's because the things that usually require this type of security don't take up much room.  That and weight.  A TL-30 is usually insurable up into the mid 6 figures.  Most people using them are storing cash, metals, or jewelry/stones.  Most do not have guns worth that much.

That Super Diamond I told you I have weighs 8,500 pounds.  That's not going into your typical home.

You can pick up a used composite TL rated safe, large enough for guns, for $2,500 to $4,500 on average.  Safes built by those who are recognized by some of the most renowned insurance providers in the world.  Very large safes are uncommon, and the few that are made would be very pricey.  You're essentially going to get into modular vault territory before too long.  I have a painter.  I have a woodworker.  I have an upholsterer.  Any safe can be a "gun safe".

If you require good security I'd start there.  A good safe.  Then if you want to store your gun collection, adapt the good safe you found for that purpose.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
There must be a growing interest in higher security gun safes.  There are several TL rated safes out there with dedicated firearms interiors.  And now we have the U/L RSC 1, 2 and 3 attack levels coming online.  I'm sure the U/L didn't just decide to create these additional ratings to squeeze more money out of manufacturers.  These ratings must have been created at the request of industry as consumers seek out more secure products.  But I imagine some of this is a marketing plow to command a higher price out of 3/16" or 1/4" body safes.

I've seen a number of used office safes that are TL rated for sale on Craigslist and similar sights.  Unfortunately few are suitable for retrofitting into gun safes since they're usually too short for rifles.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Pretty sure they're Asian as well.

"The strongest gun safe on the planet".  Bull.  I have a ISM Super Diamond (TXTL-60) available with a gun safe interior.  I suspect it's the only of it's type available in the US, and perhaps on the planet (if you happen to have several million dollars worth of firearms).  I was told that only a few were imported into the US and mine is probably the largest of those.

If you're in the market for a high security safe for your guns you need to step away from all of the gun safe dealers and talk to somebody who's in the real safe business.  Surely somebody out there has something that would suit your needs, likely for less than what you're seeing from these others, and that is a much better safe.  You want the guys who deal with banks and jewelry stores.
View Quote
What size and how much $$$?

Before delivery.
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#6]
About this big.......And a lot.  

Just like with gun safes themselves, I'm seeing an awful lot of people selling these high security gun safe that have zero background, and really no idea what they're dealing with.  They've learned most of what they do know by reading about it vs. hands on experience.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:50:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I've exchanged a couple emails with the importer about these safes.  He tells me they're made by Comfo Safe Mfg Company Limited out of China.

A quick look at the Comfo website shows that the FX-180 safe shares the same dimensions as the King Richard.

https://www.comfo-safe.com/ul-tl-30x6-listed-safe#fx160

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top