Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2018 12:22:49 PM EDT
I have a pristine pre 64 mod 94 and would like to sell it. I have never sold a firearm, especially online.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 12:31:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Backpage is what we use in AZ, but not so much other places from looking at the sporting goods section in other states. 

I paid $450 for a pre-64 on backpage just 6 months ago.  I have seen others for around $500-550.  You won't retire off that. 

Keep it. 
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not just post it up on the EE, once its sold,  go to your FFL and ship it to another FFL, Cheaper then trying to do it yourself..
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 12:50:39 PM EDT
[#3]
FTF Armslist
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 1:15:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FTF Armslist
View Quote

Risky.  Not recommended.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Condition is everything.

I recently paid $624 for this one at gun show:

On very close inspection it proved to be a very well restored pre-64, but I still took it at $600 as a very well done restoration will still sell for $750-800.   I got a half dozen offers in that range before I got to the door and I could have made $200 within 5 minutes of buying it.

A pristine, unrestored pre-64 Model 94 will bring around $1250 - if you're willing to wait for a collector to show up and around $1000 if you are not.

Pre-64 Model 94s in "good" condition will still sell for at least $450-$500.
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Condition is everything.

I recently paid $624 for this one at gun show:

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h470/SDBB57/Lever%20Action%20Rifles/FBDF52AE-AC30-456F-BBFC-AA36357F7AFE_zpsszzdk7oc.jpg

On very close inspection it proved to be a very well restored pre-64, but I still took it at $600 as a very well done restoration will still sell for $750-800.   I got a half dozen offers in that range before I got to the door and I could have made $200 within 5 minutes of buying it.

A pristine, unrestored pre-64 Model 94 will bring around $1250 - if you're willing to wait for a collector to show up and around $1000 if you are not.

Pre-64 Model 94s in "good" condition will still sell for at least $450-$500.
View Quote
I would consider mine in pristine condition. No marks/scratches, rust or anything. Looks like it just came out of the box. I have been thinking $1,000.  Around here they sell for big money at gun shows, or at least priced high.  I payed $600 for mine 3-4 years ago.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 5:08:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Risky.  Not recommended.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FTF Armslist
Risky.  Not recommended.
How is it risky and not recommended?  As long as you aren't an idiot and meet up in a dark alley at midnight it's one of the safest and best ways to buy or sell.  If buying, you get to get a real good look at what you're buying before ever releasing a penny.  You have the ability to get the serial number checked if you want to and a chance to see who you are buying from.  If you get a hinky feeling you just walk away.  If you are selling, the same thing applies to the buyer.

I always choose to meet at a public place during business hours, usually one of the local gun shops, and I always bring someone with me as well as being armed.  Most police stations will let you meet there should you want the extra measure of security.   I've bought and sold countless firearms and related items this way.  It's actually the only way I'll do it.  It definitely limits the number of possible buyers but I've never had any issues with items sitting around long before someone wants them so not an issue for me.  It removes all the possibility of something going badly when shipping.  I'm not totally against buying or selling non local but dealing locally and face to face is definitely my preference.  I've found it's also a good way to make friends who have similar interests in shooting.
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 10:13:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I would love to see pics & a heads up when you decide
Link Posted: 2/19/2018 11:02:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Send an IM.  AeroE
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Pre 64 would qualify for C&R, so you'd be able to ship directly to an 03FFL
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 3:29:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Conduct Code Violation.  AeroE
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 6:32:12 AM EDT
[#12]
What a clever way of making a for sale thread for the right (wrong) area of the forum... Well played

The thread has not crossed the line to "For Sale", although it is treading close.  Questions posed in the first post have always been allowed; "what is the value" or "where should I sell this" is acceptable.

As long as anyone that is interested keeps their discussion in private IM or email, then this inquiry is acceptable.  Everyone that I edited especially, and the rest of the participants in this thread, should not that I'm not inclined to do mass edits of CC violations, I generally lock and trash the thread.

Also, this is not General Discussion.  You could have simply reported the thread without commentary.  AeroE
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top