Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:23:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked a bad time to learn reloading for rifle rounds.  Yesterday Midsouth had IMR 4895 for $61.99 a pound.  I feel like if I don't buy it at that price, its only going to get more expensive next time its in stock.  

I can't seem to find large rifle primers either.  (I currently have 300 my Dad's friend gave to me).  

I have a meager stock of pistol components, but would love to have more so I can shoot more.  I guess its a catch 22 situation.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 7:50:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Logan45:
I picked a bad time to learn reloading for rifle rounds.  Yesterday Midsouth had IMR 4895 for $61.99 a pound.  I feel like if I don't buy it at that price, its only going to get more expensive next time its in stock.  

I can't seem to find large rifle primers either.  (I currently have 300 my Dad's friend gave to me).  

I have a meager stock of pistol components, but would love to have more so I can shoot more.  I guess its a catch 22 situation.
View Quote

Open a reloading manual and look at the alternatives,  Buy something else.   IMR Hodgdon Alliant prices have jumped the shark.  Look at the caliber and bullet and pick something else.  Ramshot and even Vihtvouri are cheaper. Likely around $40 a pound give or take.

Single pounders, check local gun shops first.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 8:06:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Curiously, .22LR prices are continuing to fall.  In a reverse of the 2008 Obama era run.  So while the ingredients that go into .22LR shells continue to be gouge-priced by the monopolistic practices of Hodgdon; the cost of .22LR is down to just 5 cents a shot now; with that primed cartridge with powder and casing, now costing almost half teh retail value of a reloaders primer alone.  (Retail that is; bulk shoppers can do a better).

So...

I'm buying 5 cent Mexican .22LR High Vel ammo by the thousands these day.
View Quote

This is the way. .22 will be the last round standing
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 10:12:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Ginex LRP at American if you are willing to pay the asking price.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:58:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By rn22723:
9MM is really at very low prices right now especially run of the mill 115 & 124gr ammo
View Quote

It is creeping up, it was cheaper a couple of months ago. AAC is up $2/100rd box from psa and fiocchi, mag tech, and blazer are all up $1/50rd box at buds gun shop
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top