Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/21/2024 6:52:50 PM EDT
I'm in England for a few weeks and received a regular sales email from Powder Valley indicating they had hard to find components in stock that I needed. When I went online with a local wifi the server told me I had performed a unacceptable action and blocked me. I emailed Powder Valley and told them my problem and inquired how to order when I couldn't access the website, I wanted the order sent to my home stateside not the UK. Long story short they made the order for me and will hold until I get home and call them in a CC number. I just had to brag about their customer service, I'm quite happy!
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:02:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked up an order in person last summer.  They were nice people.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 11:39:08 PM EDT
[#2]
People are always quick to complain abut poor service... it's refreshing to see someone take the time to recognize a company going above and beyond!

Kudos to Powder Valley as well as the OP!
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:00:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:12:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I like Powder Valley.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:46:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Trollslayer] [#5]
I also like Powder Valley and I always have, starting from the very first time I used them (~20-25 years ago).

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 7:46:06 AM EDT
[#6]
At the peak of COVID insanity I called PV to see if there was any pistol powder not showing up on the site.

The lady spent 15-20 minutes searching and then asked if I was interested in a 8LB can of Auto-Comp.

Yeah, they do a good job on CC.

Oh, I did buy that one can and we laughed as that was the first Hazmat order I ever placed with them that wasn't 50 pounds
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Powder Valley is the first place I look for components.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 5:57:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Powder Valley is a great resource.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:14:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Powder Valley has exceptional customer service. One of the best in the industry imo. I just wish their prices were more competitive like they used to be. Pre covid, there was a 98% chance they had the cheapest price on everything they carried unless there was a super sale going on somewhere else. Now, they almost never have the lowest price. However, they still have good customer service.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:32:02 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree prices online not great at all..  

With shipping and hazmat I’m at the price I can find locally.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I think I'm the only person who has had a bad experience with PV.  

I ordered some 30 carbine bullets.   Listing said 100/ bag, and they were a good price.  

When they arrived they were bags of 50, so i got half as many rounds as I was supposed to.

Packing slip said bags of 5 bag of 100.   Receipt said 5 bags of 100.   I got 5 bags of 50.

They said "the ad, your receipt, and your packing slip were wrong.  You can return them for a refund if you want"

The price given for bags of 100 was good, but not good enough to be an obvious pricing error.

They went back, and I haven't ordered from them since.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Well I got home from England and ordered my powder. Got the order today from Powder Valley, 4# of Unique. It was spendy, $220 with shipping and tax. But no hazmat. I miss the old days of strolling into the gun store and buying a pound for $24. Nonetheless, Powder Valley keeps me shooting.
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Great people. Get on the mailing list and wait for free shipping and haz mat.

Their inventory system has always been accurate for me. Orders always shipped quickly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top