Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2019 8:30:23 PM EDT
So, while cleaning out my dads house, we found a couple powder horns. They look to be real horns off an animal.
None of us are into muzzle loaders. So, I'm probably going to sell them if they're worth anything.
Where can I find values on things like these?

ETA Pics...

Link Posted: 1/7/2019 8:36:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]
They sell for about 20-30 bucks here.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Kits to make your own are around $19- $25. Those look older.  Most people want old stuff. You might get $30 to $40 out of those.
Link Posted: 1/7/2019 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kits to make your own are around $19- $25. Those look older.  Most people want old stuff. You might get $30 to $40 out of those.
View Quote
I'd sell them on ebay.  I think those would appeal to someone who wants to use them to display, a curio, or for home decoration of some sort.  They look old, are they antiques?

Is so sell them as such.  You'll probably get more money on ebay.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 1:58:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Track of the Wolf is one of the better sources of Black Powder accessories and pretty much anything to do with BP.
You can do a comparison of horns they have.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 2:10:54 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought mine for $25cdn, looks exactly the same just newer
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the responses!!!
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd sell them on ebay.  I think those would appeal to someone who wants to use them to display, a curio, or for home decoration of some sort.  They look old, are they antiques?

Is so sell them as such.  You'll probably get more money on ebay.
View Quote
They're probably antiques. My dad would go to flea markets in western PA and pick up all sorts of old stuff.

I'll throw them up on ebay and see what happens.

Thanks!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top