Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 161
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 2:27:49 PM EDT
[#1]
What's with the 4 little pouches on your back?
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
View Quote
They're for buddy smoke grenades.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Ronin Shuto Belt

Off side -
- Esstac Kiwi 3 pistol mag pouch
- 2x Esstec KIWI AR mag pouch
- HSGI M3T TACO with tourniquet, 6" Israeli bandage, quick-clot bandage, gauze pads and a roll, cravat and a Waterjel burn dressing.  (attached at 8:00 o'clock)

Strong side -
- D-ring with a roll of Gorilla Tape  (best bandage tape made)
- Ka-Bar TDI
- Blue Force Gear Micro Trauma Pouch for basic 1st Aid
- Safariland Model 6390 with a G19 w/X300 in an SKD HSGI UDHP Holster, CAT and shears attached to UDHP
- 1x Esstac KWI AR mag

LaRue Stealth upper with 11" rail, Noveske 12.5" barrel, PWS YHM Phantom mount, Aimpoint M4, EoTech G33 magnifier, Geissele SSA trigger, Redi-Mod, LMT SODMOD stock, Surefire E2B w/tape switch, CQD front and rear sling mounts, BCM charging handle, ambi selector, BAD lever, TD verticle grip, Magpul grip with spare bolt.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:42:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By daemon734:

I like it a lot, its a handy place to put stuff.  I use it for 1.5" chemlights, SSE fiduciary ruler, notebook, nitrile gloves, and I throw my headlamp and face wrap in there when im not using them.

The only things I would suggest with it are:

- dont put anything in it that can break, going to the prone doesnt put that stuff in a good spot once you hit the dirt.  I only have those chemlights on the outside now because im primarily in a vehicle at the moment. Fullsize chemlights will break regularly going prone with this pouch.

- dont use it for anything that can potentially fragment, most especially because its at dick level. An IFAK would be perfect.
View Quote
Good shit, thanks. I will pick one up to try out.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By droys86:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bcauz3y:
Do you anticipate needing to employ smoke grenades while wearing your armor?  In that event are you certain your buddy will be the one to use them, and will be close enough to do so?  Are you certain that on top of all of that, you won't need to access them yourself?  Are there any circumstances where you will want to wear a pack with your armor, which would block access to those pouches?

Back mounted pouches are useful in only a very limited scope.  Just some food for thought.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:11:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: droys86] [#6]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

Do you anticipate needing to employ smoke grenades while wearing your armor?  In that event are you certain your buddy will be the one to use them, and will be close enough to do so?  Are you certain that on top of all of that, you won't need to access them yourself?  Are there any circumstances where you will want to wear a pack with your armor, which would block access to those pouches?

Back mounted pouches are useful in only a very limited scope.  Just some food for thought.
View Quote
That was pre setup when I got the vest. I personally have no use for it, just haven't pulled it off yet. Personally I run nothing on the back for a few reasons.  1, if I ever need to wear a pack.  2, just like with a duty belt...shit on the back increases risk of back/spine injury if you fall or are knocked backwards.  3, if you can't reach it yourself, it might as well not be there.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 11:17:35 PM EDT
[#7]

That was pre setup when I got the vest. I personally have no use for it, just haven't pulled it off yet. Personally I run nothing on the back for a few reasons.  1, if I ever need to wear a pack.  2, just like with a duty belt...shit on the back increases risk of back/spine injury if you fall or are knocked backwards.  3, if you can't reach it yourself, it might as well not be there.
View Quote
That isn't entirely true, as far as the gear being on your back.  If you were on a legit team where you were making entries (not training...but for real) then it could be handy to have flashbangs on your back for the #2 guy in the stack to grab, and throw in front while you cover the door.  But a smoke grenade, yeah, you're right.  No point in being on your back.  Better to be on front/side or in a pack.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:31:32 AM EDT
[#8]
x-post

Yea, I'm an esstac whore and I won't apologize for it.

Link Posted: 2/14/2018 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Its kind of a PITA for me to upload stuff, so I will cross post pics I uploaded for another post here.

Crye JPC 2.0 front pic
Esstac double mags
HSGI bleeder
HSGI pogey pouches
SKD molle sideplate holders
Crye radio pouch
Ferro dangler
Mystery ranch cinch strap

http://i.imgur.com/ThB01u2.jpg
View Quote
What antenna are you running on the 152 and where did you route it?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:

What antenna are you running on the 152 and where did you route it?
View Quote
I'm going to bet he is running a MAST on the back. https://www.safariland.com/products/comms-and-hearing-protection/antenna-relocation---mast/mast-modular-antenna-system-tactical-antenna-relocation-kit-MAST.html#sm.0001ioxfxaf4jf7ssc514kb0f6cjt
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Yep, its a short blade on a MAST.
Link Posted: 2/18/2018 7:25:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hoosier_Home] [#12]
Gear dump of one of my chest rigs and fanny pack.

" />

HSP D3CR
-3 pmags
-Esee 4
-ear plugs
-chest seal

Industry Armament Nut Ruck
*depending on what I use it for the contents vary
-standard ifak
-air panel
-protractor
-leatherman
-buzzsaw
-pencil eraser
-rite in the rain
-headlamp
-clp
-chapstick
-Neosporin
-Snacks

1.75 cobra buckle belt
-hsgi rifle taco belt mount  
-hsgi pistol taco belt mount

Footwear
-Merrel Moab 2
-Oakley light assualt 2
-slip on ice cleats

Garmin Foretrex 401
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Changed a few things on the JPC

Left side, added a vortex 10x monocular in a 40mm grenade pouch next to the HSGI pogey pouch holding a breaching initiator.  That thing has come in pretty handy.

Right side, took off the pogey pouch to get a little slimmer for easier drawing a pistol or M320 off my belt.  It was just holding a breaching charge, threw that in an HSGI handcuff pouch, and added a BFG 10 speed double and moved my multitool back to vertical from horizontal.

Link Posted: 2/24/2018 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Changed a few things on the JPC

https://i.imgur.com/bTzaQu7.jpg

Left side, added a vortex 10x monocular in a 40mm grenade pouch next to the HSGI pogey pouch holding a breaching initiator.  That thing has come in pretty handy.

https://i.imgur.com/ozxZqWV.jpg

Right side, took off the pogey pouch to get a little slimmer for easier drawing a pistol or M320 off my belt.  It was just holding a breaching charge, threw that in an HSGI handcuff pouch, and added a BFG 10 speed double and moved my multitool back to vertical from horizontal.

https://i.imgur.com/2H0kCNz.jpg
View Quote
C4 packed in a tin of dip with det cord knotted up?
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Remman:

C4 packed in a tin of dip with det cord knotted up?
View Quote
More or less.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:12:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Setup by J M, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#18]

I've been really torn on this setup. I sold my JPC after picking up a BFG PlateMinus V2 for $90 on a last call special and am trying to outfit it for a new roll. Going from line medic to EVAC has me all messed up. Before it was bang bang pouches and med supply stuffed in cargo pockets and now I have to organize everything so it works well in an everyday admin roll and through chaos.

Currently the setup is:

BFG PlateMinus V2 w/ shoulder pads
TAG Rampage Admin Pouch
Velocity Systems quad m4
ITS Fatboy IFAK
TT Admin Pouch
Crye MBITR (currently holding water bottle)
Issue double M4 Pouch

I have the TT LAP Pouch on order as well as a Crye Double M4 to replace the issued pouch.

It is lighter than my previous setup and I could drop more weight in extra mags I'm just not ready to make that call. Overall it is very comfortable, the shoulder pads are much nicer than the JPC and lacing molle through this material is easier(not that it really matters). The only downside is putting the damn thing on requires rewiring your brain, pulling up on a side flap instead of the front???
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 5:33:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I think that's first PLATEMinus v2 I've seen in the wild. My bro and I are both most satisfied with our v1's.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 2:43:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Just got a FAST LE off the EE not too long ago for a sweet deal, and have spent a bit of time putting some crap on it. I can’t really post this in the NV forum since I have none yet, but I can post here
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/25/2018 7:00:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#21]
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice clean, streamlined kit Joe.  Make holes, patch holes, be able to move...
Link Posted: 3/29/2018 7:45:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bourbon] [#23]
Laid out my gear while packing for a class last week..

PC:
Shellback Banshee 1.0 w/ HSGI Shoulder Pads and Zippered Kangaroo Pouch
HighCom 4SAS7 Level 4 Triple Curve Ceramics front/rear
EssTac Triple Rifle Mag Pouch (tall)
EssTac Single Rifle Mag Pouch (tall)
HSGI Improved Bleeder/Blowout Kit (QuickClot, H Bandage, Tension Pneumo Decomp needle, NP Airway, Gloves, Sheers + training/real world use for all)
First Spear Retro-fit Cummerbund
CAT Tourniquet on chest.

Belt:
HSGI Slim Grip Padded Belt (slotted) w/ HSGI Riggers Belt
Esstac Double Pistol Mag Pouch
Esstac Double Rifle Mag Pouch (short)
EGL Loppy Dump Pouch
Off The Grid Concepts Holster for M&P w/ Surefire X400v IR

NVD:
Crye NightCap
Wilcox L4 3 Hole Shroud w/ Lanyard
Wilcox L4 G24 Mount
Wilcox PVS-14 Arm
TNV/PVS-14

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 1:54:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By JSX1043:
Nice clean, streamlined kit Joe.  Make holes, patch holes, be able to move...
View Quote
And see the dark, that's kind of important
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Firefighter503:
Laid out my gear while packing for a class last week..

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/165125/E19A0ADC-0CA6-41FC-BF99-93DC07193865-498381.JPG
View Quote
What holster for the M&P?
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By RuKuS:

What holster for the M&P?
View Quote
Off The Grid Concepts with their offset/drop mount if I recall correctly. No complaints, but I might try a slightly higher riding mount.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 7:00:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Gear for me and my German Shepherd.

Link Posted: 4/7/2018 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 9:44:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancer007] [#29]
Taking my first tactical rifle class tomorrow and getting the last of my basic plate carrier set up. First time putting a set up like this together. I worked in corrections and we had a gun belt set up we were issued for transports so I used that as a base for my belt, minus the OC and cuffs.

Basics are AR500 Testudo carrier and Ar500 plates. Pouches are 5.11 with 4 rifle mags and two pistol mags with a flashlight and utility pouch to the side of them. Blackhawk belt with Safariland SLS holster for Glock 17 with Insight M3 and a single horizontal mag pouch.

I like the way stuff is set up at the moment but I'm sure after just a couple hours I'll have an even better idea of what can stay and what can move or go. Waiting to take a first aid/trauma class to see up and ifak for it.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:57:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Lancer007:

I like the way stuff is set up at the moment but I'm sure after just a couple hours I'll have an even better idea of what can stay and what can move or go. Waiting to take a first aid/trauma class to see up and ifak for it.
View Quote
I suggest getting an IFAK asap, it's pretty simple stuff and there's a lot of videos on YouTube you can learn from. Ive actually had to use med gear at classes, had a fellow student put a 45 through his leg. Even just putting a tourniquet on your gear is a good start.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 10:09:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RIO-lover] [#31]
Originally Posted By TerryGecko:
Gear for me and my German Shepherd.

http://i67.tinypic.com/20pcz2b.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/9r7l3q.jpg
View Quote
What rig is that on your GSD?

@TerryGecko
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Lancer007:
Taking my first tactical rifle class tomorrow and getting the last of my basic plate carrier set up. First time putting a set up like this together. I worked in corrections and we had a gun belt set up we were issued for transports so I used that as a base for my belt, minus the OC and cuffs.

http://i.imgur.com/eFxh9Qx.jpg

Basics are AR500 Testudo carrier and Ar500 plates. Pouches are 5.11 with 4 rifle mags and two pistol mags with a flashlight and utility pouch to the side of them. Blackhawk belt with Safariland SLS holster for Glock 17 with Insight M3 and a single horizontal mag pouch.

View Quote
Which class?

Let us know how the class goes/what changes you make afterwards (hint: I've minimized/moved all pistol mags to my belt, and limited rifle mags to my PC and only one deep, and only 3-4 total (see my above post)).
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 11:31:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Do you like using the placard better than just having mags in a kangaroo pouch?

Want to streamline from my current pouch setup but have Velcro front and not sure how it’ll hold up to being exposed.

@bcauz3y
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RIO-lover:

What rig is that on your GSD?

@TerryGecko
View Quote
It's made by OneTigris. It's about on par with Condor quality. Will upgrade later on but for now it works great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00PZWDMP8/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1523236640&sr=8-2-spons&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=onetigris+dog+harness
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 7:08:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancer007] [#35]
Originally Posted By Pav56C:

I suggest getting an IFAK asap, it's pretty simple stuff and there's a lot of videos on YouTube you can learn from. Ive actually had to use med gear at classes, had a fellow student put a 45 through his leg. Even just putting a tourniquet on your gear is a good start.

Good luck!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pav56C:

Good luck!
That's the next plan, once I take a trauma class or get some education on it I'll put one together.

Originally Posted By Firefighter503:
Which class?

Let us know how the class goes/what changes you make afterwards (hint: I've minimized/moved all pistol mags to my belt, and limited rifle mags to my PC and only one deep, and only 3-4 total (see my above post)).
I had no issues with the mag locations. I've got one horizontal pouch on the belt only because my double mag  holder didn't come in yet. After another outing or two it might change, it's a learning experience.

Over all the day was great. It was taught by a local Sheriff's deputy SWAT team member who did a great job relaying lots of information without overwhelming or talking down to students. The class was limited to 10 students so it was a good small group. The gear and reloads where smooth. So much different shooting indoors and at unknown targets than just punching paper at a range. So many new variables and techniques so work on and think about.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 8:14:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By jcast141:
Do you like using the placard better than just having mags in a kangaroo pouch?

Want to streamline from my current pouch setup but have Velcro front and not sure how it’ll hold up to being exposed.
@bcauz3y
View Quote
Yes, I'm a fan of the placard.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 10:52:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TerryGecko] [#37]
Dupe
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 10:36:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bedouin2W] [#38]
I'm a little late to the discussion abbot SACKs, Danglers, and Hangers but here's what I have in mine:

Garmin Foretrex batteries
Neck gaiter/ face wrap
Beanie
Headlamp
Hand sanitizer

When we are running no white lights on missions I add NVG batteries and a MS-2000 strobe. It all fits after I move the hand sanitizer to my Blackhawk rip off of Eagle Industries Yote.

Right now I'm primarily doing convoy commander or vehicle commander duties for LOGPACs sustaining our forward platoons.

I'm not really a fan of the Haley Strategic Hanger. I wish it had elastic loops built in but I may just get two BFG Loop Dappers to try to fix that. If i replace it completely, I'll go with the Ferro Dangler. While the full opening of the Haley pouch allows me to get whatever I need out of it, it also means shit falls out when I forget to zip it up all the way. So far I've only lost batteries but I really don't want to lose a headlamp or strobe.
Link Posted: 4/12/2018 10:52:15 PM EDT
[#39]

Ops-Core Lux Liner and NoiseFighters SightLines gel pads for 3M Peltor pattern ears.

~Augee
Link Posted: 4/13/2018 12:09:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Augee -

Can you please do a quick review of the Sightliners?  And how long ago did you receive them?  I'm still waiting on mine, but it could be because I ordered 1 for Comtacs, and 1 for Sordins, and I believe that the Sordins aren't done yet....

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 5:56:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 10:05:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

They came in a little over a week ago, and I believe they are/have been shipping, though I don't know how combined orders are being handled.

I was fortunate to be able to T&E the first set of Peltor prototypes at the beginning of the year, I've reposted my review from then:

https://instagram.fagc3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/1d2517201b52b9d7b1053b054da6b00d/5B66496B/t51.2885-15/e35/26226572_143248859801793_6945043623226376192_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeEQ9hXFyol/?taken-by=augee_kim

~Augee
View Quote
TNVC_Augee? Achievement unlocked...
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:49:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#43]
Originally Posted By carmodyh:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TNVC_Augee:

They came in a little over a week ago, and I believe they are/have been shipping, though I don't know how combined orders are being handled.

I was fortunate to be able to T&E the first set of Peltor prototypes at the beginning of the year, I've reposted my review from then:

https://instagram.fagc3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/1d2517201b52b9d7b1053b054da6b00d/5B66496B/t51.2885-15/e35/26226572_143248859801793_6945043623226376192_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeEQ9hXFyol/?taken-by=augee_kim

~Augee
Pssssh, 17ers. What do they know

Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:57:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:09:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Perroz Design PC
Spiritus Stuff
Persec Aware belt (titties)
Esstac pouches
Safariland Holster

Waiting on Spiritus to drop their PCs so I can get something a little more tropical.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:14:31 PM EDT
[#46]

I can stop any time I want...
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 1:08:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Nice kit! What med pouch is that?
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:22:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TCBA_Joe] [#48]
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 7:17:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By MrJonesandMe:
https://i.imgur.com/uEd0h1y.jpg

I can stop any time I want...
View Quote
"I can stop anytime I want" -

you kill me, man. Love your kit. Also, never seen a tan CAT tourniquet before... matchy matchy
Link Posted: 4/25/2018 10:28:38 AM EDT
[#50]

"I can stop anytime I want" -

you kill me, man. Love your kit. Also, never seen a tan CAT tourniquet before... matchy matchy
View Quote
North American Rescue only made CAT tourniquets in black prior to the Gen 7 tourniquets. That TQ pictured is tan, appears to have a metal windlass, and has a white time stamp. All colored CAT tourniquets are Gen 7 (Blue & Orange), and every Gen 7 has a grey time stamp. The only "CAT" tourniquets that are tan, are fake.

Page / 161
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top