Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2021 4:59:49 PM EDT
Hopefully, this isn't redundant since my search came up empty but here goes:

I have a Crye JPC 2.0 medium plate carrier and I am considering getting an Airlite for a second set of plates.

I'm thinking about an AVS DETACHABLE FLAP M4 FLAT but, I wonder about other options from other companies like maybe a Haley Strategic D3CR... or something similar.  I mainly use an LWRC Six8 and a KAC SR-15 but, I occasionally use an AR-10 and I am contemplating getting a KAC SR-25 so, I either need to plan on two different flaps or one "universal" flap for my plate carriers.  Will the Crye M4 Flat allow enough 'flex' for AR-15 and AR-10 magainzes?  I'm initially thinking I want to avoid a plain molle panel with threaded on mag pouches but, I could be convinced to go that route.

What are the Pro's and Con's of the different options out there?  Which do you use or recommend and why?  What models and options should I really avoid?

TIA
Sid
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 5:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd recommend two sets of triple pouch placards from Esstac as long your carrier your going with is swift clip compatible. I'd have one placard be for 5.56, and the other 7.62. That is the best solution I have found, since I run both an AR 15 and an SR- 25 also.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'd recommend two sets of triple pouch placards from Esstac as long your carrier your going with is swift clip compatible. I'd have one placard be for 5.56, and the other 7.62. That is the best solution I have found, since I run both an AR 15 and an SR- 25 also.
View Quote
I'm by no means some gear expert, but I also have needs for both 5.56 and 7.62 and have a JPC 2.0.  I went with Haley D3CRX and the Heavy so I have chest rigs in each as well as AXL clips for the JPC.  That being said, the JPC also has the AVS 3 mag 5.56 flap on the front with the bunggies too.  Max flexibility.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top