Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2021 6:43:36 PM EDT
Hello all,

I'm trying to plan out my next PC upgrade. I have a set of the Shotstop Duritium GT2s in 10x12" shooters cut. I'm hoping to upgrade to a Crye, likely an SPC. First of all, would they fit? I'd think the elastic sides may help accommodate but I want to make sure. Also, a big concern is how the PC exposes the plates to the elements. Are there any lightweight methods for covering/sealing the plates for this system?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#1]
SPC owner here.

Not sure about the size of plates youre asking about.

Do you wear your plates a lot? I dont see UV exposure a issue for the avg civilian, there is just no way you spend enough time wearing it. Same for abrasions, just dont see that being an issue unless youre army crawling through the gravel.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm mostly being neurotic and very paranoid about protecting my really expensive plates, tbh. But I do wear plates almost every range trip and am a little rough with my gear in general when running drills and such.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm mostly being neurotic and very paranoid about protecting my really expensive plates, tbh. But I do wear plates almost every range trip and am a little rough with my gear in general when running drills and such.
View Quote

Something like this should work fine, there is plenty of room in the SPC as it has stretch to accept different plate thicknesses.
https://acelinkarmor.com/product/skeletac-plate-bag

Or just go to your local craft store and buy a yard of durable fabric and wrap them yourself for like $5. No need to sew anything, just wrap and put in the plate pocket.

Personally I think the exposed black looks cool, not something you see on most plate carriers.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top