Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/24/2024 9:02:15 AM EDT
Quick F4 turn around times have me considering getting a pistol can, primarily for my Flux Raider (could also see time on other P320). I know nothing about pistol cans and am more interested in a good deal vs best performance.

Looking at SS, almost everything is OOS or backordered so I know I'll be waiting. What's the best bang for buck recommendation these days.

ETA: only need to suppress 9mm. I don't own any 45 nor will I be purchasing one.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 9:21:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fmkenner] [#2]
Double tap
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:28:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#3]
Dedicated for a chassis system, I’d likely go as short as possible or as low back pressure as possible.

I use 9mm and 22lr in a Glock frame with a Recover 20/20 stock and a few other stocks. There’s far less trash blowing up in my face running a short suppressor or a modular suppressor in short configuration.

Longer and quieter cans used on a chassis aren’t terrible, but it does seem to take everything dirty about shooting a suppressed pistol and put it right next to your face.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 10:31:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#4]
Originally Posted By laxman09:
Quick F4 turn around times have me considering getting a pistol can, primarily for my Flux Raider (could also see time on other P320). I know nothing about pistol cans and am more interested in a good deal vs best performance.

Looking at SS, almost everything is OOS or backordered so I know I'll be waiting. What's the best bang for buck recommendation these days.

ETA: only need to suppress 9mm. I don't own any 45 nor will I be purchasing one.
View Quote

Close to your face a .45 can on 9mm might be lower blowback and quieter (or no louder) to shooter.

Pistol cans are over-valued for what they do. I didn’t say over-priced. The booster adds cost.

So best deal might actually be a versatile can (getting value for dollar on features / function, not lowest price for minimal performance).  

In 9mm I’d be tempted to try Ecco’s very lightweight boosterless can.  Don’t recall model.

ETA: Ecco Machine Canine or TLX are the two models light enough they may run boosterless.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:09:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:

Close to your face a .45 can on 9mm might be lower blowback and quieter (or no louder) to shooter.

Pistol cans are over-valued for what they do. I didn’t say over-priced. The booster adds cost.

So best deal might actually be a versatile can (getting value for dollar on features / function, not lowest price for minimal performance).  

In 9mm I’d be tempted to try Ecco’s very lightweight boosterless can.  Don’t recall model.

ETA: Ecco Machine Canine or TLX are the two models light enough they may run boosterless.
View Quote

I've looked at those but I'm trying to stick with SS for ease of process.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:10:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By fmkenner:
Rugged Obsidian 9
View Quote

I actually had that in my cart but didn't pull the trigger.

Whats it's pro/cons?
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#7]

I actually had that in my cart but didn't pull the trigger.

Whats it's pro/cons?
View Quote

Truthfully I don't know. I bought one and waiting for it to form 3 to my dealer. But from my research it is very highly recommended, rated. Warranty is great. Modular is a plus for me. Even comes with a booster.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:32:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OregonFeralDog] [#8]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
....In 9mm I’d be tempted to try Ecco’s very lightweight boosterless can.  Don’t recall model.

View Quote

i run one booster-less on my ber 92. its my current fav can.

https://www.eccomachine.net/product/tlx/
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#9]

I've looked at those but I'm trying to stick with SS for ease of process.
View Quote
You can buy the suppressor from any dealer (SS supported or not) then use the SS tax stamp (efile) with your SS approved dealer.

Meaning you can buy the suppressor from any dealer, have them ship it to your dealer, then buy a tax stamp from SS (Its 5 bucks extra...205) and use that to transfer the suppressor to you. You dont have to buy the suppressor from SS.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 11:52:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 2JokersWild:
You can buy the suppressor from any dealer (SS supported or not) then use the SS tax stamp (efile) with your SS approved dealer.

Meaning you can buy the suppressor from any dealer, have them ship it to your dealer, then buy a tax stamp from SS (Its 5 bucks extra...205) and use that to transfer the suppressor to you. You dont have to buy the suppressor from SS.
View Quote

I did that once when buying from hanshon and my FFL charged a "add to SS inventory" fee. Was $75 or some bs. Maybe I need to call around.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:20:05 PM EDT
[#11]
The Flux Raider specifically, has issues with most cans. You'd want to get a very lightweight boosterless can for it. ECCO has one but don't remember the name,  the F4 from AB Suppressor, there are a few others too.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SCARed:
The Flux Raider specifically, has issues with most cans. You'd want to get a very lightweight boosterless can for it. ECCO has one but don't remember the name,  the F4 from AB Suppressor, there are a few others too.
View Quote

I've read some about that and seen the "spreadsheet". It's doable but just might take some tinkering.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 12:32:36 PM EDT
[#13]
The Obsidian 9 is a great can, I have 2.  For your use I wouldn’t recommend it due to gas in the face mentioned above.  

I have a Flux Defense braced Glock and I couldn’t even get through a mag without being gassed out using my Obsidian 9.  

You probably want a can with low back pressure like the Mojave 9.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Any thoughts on the Griffin Revolution or Resistance?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
they sound good, service easily, and are durable. The Resistance is a nice length.

I haven’t tried them on a Flux setup. Mostly watching this thread to see others’ experiences, because I want one, too.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
they sound good, service easily, and are durable. The Resistance is a nice length.

I haven’t tried them on a Flux setup. Mostly watching this thread to see others’ experiences, because I want one, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:

@Green0 any experience with the flux and if either of these options would be a better fit than the other?
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:10:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top