Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2019 12:14:24 AM EDT
Who else saw the email from Classic Firearms advertising the Polish PM-63 RAK pistol for $799 the other day.  When I tried to watch the video it was disabled and Classic pulled the PM-63 RAK off their website.  The weapons is chambered in 9x18mm Makarov. What says the hive mind?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 12:47:51 AM EDT
[#1]
there is another thread about this,  but they are now up to 1299 or some bs.  something about kit price versus assembled idk and idgaf.  they saw how fast they sold at that price and cancelled orders and resisted them more expensive as to not leave any money on the table imo
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:54:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Ian Mccollum from Forgotten Weapons called out Classic Firearms on Facebook after they screwed a friend of his. His friend purchased one, they processed his payment, then cancelled his order, refunded his money and then upped the priced. They deserve whatever crap is coming their way.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:10:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ian Mccollum from Forgotten Weapons called out Classic Firearms on Facebook after they screwed a friend of his. His friend purchased one, they processed his payment, then cancelled his order, refunded his money and then upped the priced. They deserve whatever crap is coming their way.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
I want one bad.......but not from Classic.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:26:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Rtg has a handful of unissued demilled parts kits back in stock if you like building stuff. Striker fired semi conversion has been the reliable route. .380 barrels can be used as well, if Makarov isn't your thing.
https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3758
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Rtg has a handful of unissued demilled parts kits back in stock if you like building stuff. Striker fired semi conversion has been the reliable route. .380 barrels can be used as well, if Makarov isn't your thing.
https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=3758
View Quote
May go that route after I finish the SA26 build.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 8:38:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I would wait for some reviews at the price they are asking.
Subgun semi converions can be a crapshoot.

Dont even know how they work yet. Last I saw they were planning to machine off most of the rear frame, and make a new semi-auto rear to weld in place. The atf did not like it.

The cad model they also showed was hammer fired. Thats a tiny hammer fire setup. Striker makes more sence and is what all of the sucessful indy semi builds have been far as I know.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

May go that route after I finish the SA26 build.
View Quote
Nice, I'm working on a suomi right now but a 26 is on the agenda.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:50:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm wondering if we will see an official release at SHOT?; Nobody else seems to have these in stock.  Info in general is scarce.  I love the Cold War stuff.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 2:04:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Rtg has a handful of unissued demilled parts kits back in stock if you like building stuff.
View Quote
Who's got the best tech info on welding the receiver back together?

Does anyone know who's actually manufacturing receivers for the guns Classic is offering? Are they completely new production, or welded using a jig?
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 5:06:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Who's got the best tech info on welding the receiver back together?

Does anyone know who's actually manufacturing receivers for the guns Classic is offering? Are they completely new production, or welded using a jig?
View Quote
This guy may know .....and he’s a member here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q31Fr98sHuQ
Link Posted: 1/13/2019 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I aint to keen to buy anything from them either
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#13]
I wondered what had happened to them. Tried to pick one up and poof they were gone. RTG has mags and other parts as mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I wondered what had happened to them. Tried to pick one up and poof they were gone. RTG has mags and other parts as mentioned.
View Quote
It appears the seller thought they priced them too low......and pulled them
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 8:58:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/15/2019 11:08:50 PM EDT
[#16]
"only 6 left"
$1,299.99

"This pistol is manufactured at the famed Radom Plant in Poland by Interarms. All parts and components are Polish made."
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 10:11:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Annoying there are no pics of the internals. Thats what matters with open to closed bolt conversions. Dont even know if its striker or hammer fired. Early CAD showed hammer fcg renderings, but striker is defiantly more compact and IMHO the way to go for these.
Looking forward to the "Beta testers" results.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 11:32:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I would be very surprised if it wasn’t striker fired.
Link Posted: 1/16/2019 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Annoying there are no pics of the internals. Thats what matters with open to closed bolt conversions. Dont even know if its striker or hammer fired. Early CAD showed hammer fcg renderings, but striker is defiantly more compact and IMHO the way to go for these.
Looking forward to the "Beta testers" results.
View Quote
It is hammer fired.

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:17:53 AM EDT
[#20]
That is alot of money for a Cold War relic.  I see they pinned the stock close...I wonder how easy it will be to unpin if you SBR it.  The PPSH 43 were made to allow the stock to be unpinned after you filed your form 1 paperwork.  I hope more info is forthcoming from the youtubers and the Beta testers as well as a formal announcement from SHOT.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:48:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:I see they pinned the stock close...I wonder how easy it will be to unpin if you SBR it.  
View Quote
It is not pinned. There is a very small weld just in front of the pivot. It appears filing that weld flush to the stock rail would allow it to slide out.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Misha did a video on the PM-63 RAK and history released just today.  Already picked up some mags and a sling for a weapon I don't even own, I must be crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6DfBMbcl8o
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 5:31:38 AM EDT
[#23]
It looks nice, I feel it has to be SBR'd to bring it partially back to its original glory (folding front grip, stock)
Link Posted: 2/7/2019 4:31:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Read an article about them and want one but way to expensive
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top