Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2018 10:40:40 AM EDT
I have duracoat and was dreading preping the surface remembering how tough the Tenifer finish was on the originals was.

Was that finish night and day softer than Tenifer.  Came off with a new Scotchbrite pad.   Right down to the bare metal.

Coating was easy and it ended up looking new. I used Colt Gray because I don't like the black color they have.  It always seems to end up being too shiny no matter how little hardener I add.

Going to let it sit for a week before putting it back together.  I normally do that with duracoat, Coating takes awhile to get to maximum hardness.

The only bad part now is the barrel. It was polished. I roughed it up and started to cold blue it.  Wow,  it doesn't want to take the cold blue well.  Any other ideas on that.

I would like something closer to the original black finish.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m pretty sure the barrel is stainless.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:00:25 AM EDT
[#2]
After some serious prep work on the barrel.  240 wet/dry paper.  The hard part was the breech.  The machine marks were hard to work around to get the 240 grit paper to dig in and give a rough surface

I was able to Cold Blue the barrel.  I had to do about 10 applications but it looks pretty good.  I know the longer it sits the better is seems to take.  At least in my experience.

Finally got it back to near original condition.
Top Top