Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2021 11:37:12 AM EDT
A friend called asking about putting a red dot on his Binelli (not super) Nova 20ga. He found THIS “saddle” setup, but it’s kinda clunky looking and he’s wondering about drilling the receiver to attach a section of picatinny rail. Is this something we can do in the farm shop with an old drill press and some redneck engineering? Wouldn’t mind buying a tool or jig.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Could it be done in a drill press? The answer is yes but I would much rather do it in a mill. Just a quick Google search and I found thisSide saddle with rail

I seem to recall the Nova receiver being plastic on the outside, it has been a long while since I touched one though.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 12:09:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ve never heard of a plastic receiver shotgun, but THIS ARTICLE describes the difference between the Nova and Super Nova, and says the Novas stock and receiver are one piece, so I guess it is plastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top