Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2018 8:32:27 PM EDT
Yesterday I received my Phrobis M9 bayonet from Midway USA. One of the first things I tried was to mount it onto my Colt 14.5" LE 6920. The locking mechanism slid on to the bayonet lug halfway but would not go any farther. I cleaned the small amount of dirt out of the locking mechanism on the bayonet and it still would not move. The locking mechanism opens and closes all the way. I have removed the locking mechanism from the bayonet to try to clean it better and take a micrometers to the bayonet lug and the locking mechanism and see if one is slightly to bis and maybe needs to be filed down a hair.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be stopping the 2 pieces from going together? Thanks in advance for the help.

I found the problem. The barrel is a 14.5" with a pinned and welded extended A2 flash hider. The spot were the pin is welded over is just high enough that it doesn't allow the bayonet ring to go past it.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top