Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/29/2023 9:27:05 AM EDT
Very interesting results. Only the Flow 5.56 rates a higher @ear rating in the Pew Science Mk18 tests, yet it is within the top 5 in @muzzle suppression as well.  I'd love to see how this would perform with a 7.62x51 Robinson Arms XCR, SCAR 17S, Tavor 7 or an AR10.

https://pewscience.com/sound-signature-reviews-free/sss-6-114-huxwrx-flow-762-ti-mk18-556

On the 5.56x45mm MK18 short barrel rifle, the suppression performance of the FLOW 762 Ti is extremely high.  For a high flow rate silencer to achieve these levels of hazard reduction to both the bystander, and to the shooter, on an untuned MK18 weapon system, is extremely notable.  Once again, the updated Flow-Through technology in the HUXWRX FLOW series of silencers demonstrates unprecedented hazard reduction efficacy for the platform.

Typically, silencers with such high flow rates (low back pressure) exhibit muzzle Suppression Ratings that are more severe (higher hazard to bystanders).  However, the HUXWRX FLOW 762 Ti, on the 10.3-inch MK18 weapon system, does not.  In addition to providing significant hazard reduction to the weapon operator, the FLOW 762 Ti provides significant hazard reduction to bystanders, relative to other silencers evaluated in the Silencer Sound Standard pedigree.  The FLOW 762 Ti provides equivalent hazard reduction to bystanders as the CGS SCI-SIX on this platform, which is a highly advanced silencer.  Furthermore, the FLOW 762 Ti matches the Composite Suppression Rating of the Surefire SOCOM556-RC2 on the MK18, which is a silencer specifically designed for the platform and it does so with a shooter's ear hazard reduction that significantly outclasses that of the Surefire silencer.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, it's titanium and the SCAR 17 wasn't one of the debut reviews. Also surprised how well it did on the bolt gun, second only to the Nomad by 0.04 (EDIT) at the ear and besting it at the muzzle:

FROM

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah looks like they have really stepped up their game the last few years. Light weight low backpressure is intriguing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:52:38 AM EDT
[#3]
11 ounces too
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:58:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting, it's titanium and the SCAR 17 wasn't one of the debut reviews. Also surprised how well it did on the bolt gun, second only to the Nomad by 0.04 (EDIT) at the ear and besting it at the muzzle:

FROM
https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/51e6eb1ee4b0878eefe0cd6c/42b9082e-eeed-4b2c-9f92-e7728bc564fb/back_pressure_suppression_plot_6.113_wm.png?format=1500w

View Quote
The @muzzle bolt action performance is very surprising for a flow through can. It's always been said that OSS can performance on a bolt action would be relatively poor. That's apparently no longer true with this can.

It's a shame we don't have any semi-auto 7.62x51 performance data for these 30 cal cans.  I wonder if they would stack up similarly or if they would compare very differently?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:21:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Jay is pretty active on Reddit and HUXWRX stated:
*REQUIRED: 200 ROUND SEASONING PERIOD. NEED TO BREAK IN 3D PRINTED TITANIUM CORES BY BURNING 3D TI FILLAMENTS. WILL PERMINATELY TERMINATE SPARKING FOR FULLY OPTIMIZED FLASH REDUCTION.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:00:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Does better on 556 then the 556flow. And my 556 flow just got approved last week.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Any word on pricing?
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#8]
This is the first time I've actually considered buying one of their cans.  On paper, it all looks good but I'm still going to wait to see what other shooters subjectively say about its performance compared to gold standard centerfire cans.  I like that they don't look like heavy polygonal turds anymore and that the muzzle devices aren't ugly as shit  I don't like that they supposedly can't be repaired, but time will tell if that turns out to be an issue.  c
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Just wow.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Hey guys!  Thanks for sharing my data and analysis!  I worked really hard on this.

Really big thanks to HUXWRX for trusting me to perform this work to validate the performance of their silencer.  This was a busy month... and it was really a joy to do!

Jay
PEW Science

Edit:

I have just received the following information from HUXWRX regarding warranty repair of the FLOW series:

...we surgically cut off the end caps, and bore out the cores, then insert a special 3D part that we can insert that is attached to the cap. Then we weld them shut. Doesn't change anything on the performance or sound of them, or tolerances. Pretty amazing stuff.
View Quote

I am highlighting this due to the significant discussion of this topic I have seen online. Hope this helps!
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 1:58:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any word on pricing?
View Quote

SilencerShop is $1350 and capital armory is in stock at $1244.
My local shop has them at $1350 as well. Played with it this morning. I really like the size and weight. The fatter size is cool
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I bet that would be awesome for supers on a .300 blk.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The big question is how it does on subs, seeing as it appears to trap more gas, or slow it down more, than previous designs. If it is even somewhat comparable to some of the traditional designs then they've fully cracked the code and solved the gas variability issue with 300Blk.

ETA:
Quoted:
Edit:

I have just received the following information from HUXWRX regarding warranty repair of the FLOW series:

I am highlighting this due to the significant discussion of this topic I have seen online. Hope this helps!

Whoa...
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:29:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Game Changer? - HUXWRX Flow 762 Ti
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
 I like that they don't look like heavy polygonal turds anymore and that the muzzle devices aren't ugly as shit  I don't like that they supposedly can't be repaired, but time will tell if that turns out to be an issue.  c
View Quote
The last gen HX-QD cans looked pretty nice (the ones currently still on the website). They look just like baffle cans except for the funky end cap with lots of holes in it. In fact, I think those look slightly nicer than the 3D cans.

The muzzle devices are all still ugly though. I do like how you can get a hefty wrench on them though.

They are certainly about function over form.  And I can respect that.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 3:42:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

"...we surgically cut off the end caps, and bore out the cores, then insert a special 3D part that we can insert that is attached to the cap. Then we weld them shut. Doesn't change anything on the performance or sound of them, or tolerances. Pretty amazing stuff."

View Quote
Wow, that's huge!  That was my only reservation about these new 3D printed cans.  Thanks for sharing that Jay!

Link Posted: 5/29/2023 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wow, that's huge!  That was my only reservation about these new 3D printed cans.  Thanks for sharing that Jay!

View Quote

You are most welcome, sir. That actually kind of blew my mind. I mean, in theory, I see it. I did not know they would do it! Hahaha

Also something that blew my mind - they commented to a guy on social media that HUXWRX stands for "Human Exposure Workshop." I did not know that. Based on their product performance traits, again, makes sense, but how did I not know that before? Hahaha

When I visited them in Utah a few years back (before they were a testing client) we exchanged technical data from our own respective research for review, and I got to tour their lab. They do a lot of neat stuff! That was before the "HUXWRX" rebrand.

Jay
PEW Science
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:07:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Interesting, it's titanium and the SCAR 17 wasn't one of the debut reviews.
View Quote
SCAR with Flow 7.62 content for you here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_T_nJi1FdY&ab_channel=ClassicFirearms

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
...we surgically cut off the end caps, and bore out the cores, then insert a special 3D part that we can insert that is attached to the cap. Then we weld them shut. Doesn't change anything on the performance or sound of them, or tolerances. Pretty amazing stuff.

this is awesome and certainly solves one of my gripes. with them recently changing the service life (aka removing it all together) and them now adding this, i wonder why they couldnt add this from the beginning. seems like youre shooting your self in the foot changing/not including info.

either way, that is awesome. glad to hear they can actually be repaired.

few other observations:
-when you filter this on the 308 super/bolt only data on pew science by overall, its in 13th place; which is nothing to write home about. when you filter it by shooter ear its 16th (which is what this thing is supposed to specialize in), kinda sad. doesnt really make me want to buy one for 30 cal duty.
-this is where it gets interesting: when you filter it on the MK18 data, it places MUCH higher: its tied for third with the RC2. for a decade old can, that is impressive that its still holding its weight against brand new cans. it also beats the sci six, which is surprising.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

few other observations:
-when you filter this on the 308 super/bolt only data on pew science by overall, its in 13th place; which is nothing to write home about. when you filter it by shooter ear its 16th (which is what this thing is supposed to specialize in), kinda sad. doesnt really make me want to buy one for 30 cal duty.
-this is where it gets interesting: when you filter it on the MK18 data, it places MUCH higher: its tied for third with the RC2. for a decade old can, that is impressive that its still holding its weight against brand new cans. it also beats the sci six, which is surprising.
View Quote
That's because one's a bolt action and the other is a semi-auto. Apples and watermelons comparison. Probably a much larger difference in data than the caliber.

I'd really love to know how these cans stack with 30 cal semi-auto data.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 12:08:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That's because one's a bolt action and the other is a semi-auto. Apples and watermelons comparison. Probably a much larger difference in data than the caliber.

View Quote

I’d really like to see how they stack up using a “tunable” host.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

this is awesome and certainly solves one of my gripes. with them recently changing the service life (aka removing it all together) and them now adding this, i wonder why they couldnt add this from the beginning. seems like youre shooting your self in the foot changing/not including info.

few other observations:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

few other observations:

Keep in mind that this is much smaller and lighter than a lot of the category leaders.  It is about the size of a nomad.  Compare it to suppressors in that size category it does great.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 4:01:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Is Pew Science going to do 300blk subsonic testing?
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

what im getting at is this is far more impressive to me on a mk18 host being such a short barrel and a semi (AKA not a great host to suppress). its a 30 cal can, so its bread and butter should be on a bolt action 308 (like jay tested); but that particular host and setup is not impressive to me.

filtering the 762 flow on the 308 bolt gun via shooters ear nets it 16th place. IMO, that is embarrassing for a company that makes cans catered towards keeping crap away from the shooter (espcially when you consider how well the flow 556k ranked when it was released).
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

filtering the 762 flow on the 308 bolt gun via shooters ear nets it 16th place. IMO, that is embarrassing for a company that makes cans catered towards keeping crap away from the shooter (espcially when you consider how well the flow 556k ranked when it was released).
View Quote

Totally. Nothing makes my blood boil like when my K and S cans can’t live up to my L cans’ performance.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 8:18:56 PM EDT
[#26]
A 16th place ordinal ranking could be relatively meaningless. It could be suppressors within a range of scores are audibly barely distinguishable.  The test data is still very sparse. I don’t think a single suppressor has been fully characterized yet.  The hosts chosen aren’t even well suited for that.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#27]
I’m interested in it because it can double on a bolt action and a 6.5 creedmoor semi, which would be terrible with a high back pressure can.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 6:41:48 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
its a 30 cal can, so its bread and butter should be on a bolt action 308 (like jay tested)
View Quote
Bolt actions

I love me some Battle Rifles.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top