Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 6/19/2023 3:24:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Really happy with the surface finish and how these turned out. At 95 infill the main threads are kinda shit in this print orientation however printing it vertically reduces the whole part integrity due to significant increase in layers. So will be figuring that out. Just using these for destructive testing in next week or so.

Going with a aluminum lid vs polymer to avoid any slight  warping issues causing a breach in water tight integrity.

Those side “slots” take a 10-24 316 stainless square nut so threads can be replaced easily and it would take a serious part failure to rip out vs those brass threaded inserts.

Will have some info soon on what beating they can take. Will video probably to post online.

Will make a working prototype following destructive testing to also post a video of operation.

Finishing Gen 2 compatible design and those should be ready for beta testing soon aswell.
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Look forward to a video of your testing! 👍
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 4:03:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cryesncoding] [#3]
Still working out bugs on 3D printing material been talking with a chemical engineer on proper annealing protocol. In mean time I’m prepping for my first production run of 25 6061 gen 3 compatible switches.

Stay tuned for links to video of function test and I’ll post pictures of 3D print of new aluminum design geometry.

Check the new poll and vote as this is another large upfront cost for me to get started so want to ensure interest at the final cost.

Thanks for everyone’s interest!
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 7:31:03 PM EDT
[#4]
If the poll is against the rules let me know and I’ll pull it down.
Link Posted: 7/22/2023 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Interested in a gen 2 and 3
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok I see the lack of interest at the price point I will have to make the parts my self, outsourcing the machining is ridiculous expensive. I’ll get back to you guys when I machine up the first batch and can destroy a couple to ensure the parts are solid.

I have a operational aluminum prototype for the Gen 3 it isn’t anodized but I’ll get my business IG started so I can post a video to show this nearly year long endeavor is legit lol.

Thanks for everyone’s interest and support, I’ll hook up the first AR15.com batches pricing for sticking with me through this. Been a wild year getting laid off, moved, had my second kid and taking over a lot of our fabrication operations at my new job.

Thanks for all of your interest and input
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Any updates on this switch? I want to link my Z-Bolt IR LED to my Gen3 PERST 4. For longers ranges and target ID I need to fire my IR LED and would like to slave it to my PERST.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By towerofpower94:

Not gonna lie, I’ve kinda lost track on what parts you’re building and how they’ll interact with what we already have. Any chance you can show a prototype with the PERST switch actually installed or how it would arrive and what we’d need to do upon arrival.
View Quote

Same boat here. How’s the project coming along and how is this assembled and with which parts?

I’m hoping to use a dual lead modbutton to control my gen 3 perst 4 + klesch in a far smaller footprint on my rail.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I’ll do all assembly apologize for the confusion in previous comments about a possible direct to ship version for Gen 2 Persts.

3D printed model and Gen 2 compatible are on hold at the moment while I’m getting more up to speed on machining. As I’m sure the most desired is the Gen 3 version and if I can machine it myself affordably I might aswell machine the Gen 2 version.

It’s coming along good, we lost our machinist a month or so back so we have a expert machinist right now augmenting and getting our shop caught up and training me to take over the machine shop. I am hoping for getting the Gen 3 compatible switch ran on Monday, (worked it out that I can have this set up as a production part through my work I just have to run on my own time)

Price drop and more details/pictures as soon as I have them.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 9:42:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Cryesncoding:
I’ll do all assembly apologize for the confusion in previous comments about a possible direct to ship version for Gen 2 Persts.

3D printed model and Gen 2 compatible are on hold at the moment while I’m getting more up to speed on machining. As I’m sure the most desired is the Gen 3 version and if I can machine it myself affordably I might aswell machine the Gen 2 version.

It’s coming along good, we lost our machinist a month or so back so we have a expert machinist right now augmenting and getting our shop caught up and training me to take over the machine shop. I am hoping for getting the Gen 3 compatible switch ran on Monday, (worked it out that I can have this set up as a production part through my work I just have to run on my own time)

Price drop and more details/pictures as soon as I have them.
View Quote

Thanks for the update!

When you have a moment, might you describe how this might work with users requiring control of two Zenitco devices? (Klesch 2.0 and Perst 4 Gen 3 both with the "previous connector" described here).
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad you found someone that can do machine work again. That seems to be the tough part in bringing parts to the market. I think people forget how hard it can be. Just look at the AK-50. I think people think he is stalling, but it takes a long time to find someone to do the work. I remember a guy in NC that was working on how to bring American made SVDs to the market. He worked for a few years and really didn't get anywhere due to machine shop issues.
Link Posted: 8/18/2023 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I am currently using the “previous” connector which is a Chinese made plug.

If you have two zenitco Gen 3 button switches I will have to break them open and modify them into 2 Adapters for Crane plugs which you could then plug a Taps or any other crane compatible switch into your 2 adapters.

If you have a dual zenitco plug I have not made a design to accommodate that yet.

I can only accommodate for Gen 3 at this time

KV-D1
KV-D2

The P variant with lock bar I believe will work but may need a different housing won’t know till I get one.

Link Posted: 8/19/2023 10:05:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I’m glad this process is forcing me to learn to be my own machinist from design to tool path programming and actual mill operation, powerful important skill to have if you want to design/make anything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Update

Just in holding pattern while I get the machine shop caught up on our customers jobs. We’re almost caught up and then the boss has said I can make a big run of these. Experienced machinist has been training me up and already programmed it so hopefully only a couple weeks out from making these and then off to anodizing and I can start taking orders.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 9:23:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Do you have any updates on this mod? I want to slave my Z-Bolt IR to my Perst 4.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I too am interested in an update. Also , I broke the pins in the perst that connects to the remote switch. Anyone knows who can repair this ?
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Yes I have a working prototype I am currently waiting on machining time to open up at my work so i can bring costs down because if i outsource machining they are too expensive.

I don’t believe there’s anyone in the states currently that does repairs on Persts.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 10:28:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cryesncoding] [#18]
@taylorham DM me a pic of the broken connector maybe I can fix it. Installing a new Weipu connector would be an expensive pita but maybe I can figure out a way to repair it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2023 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/12/2023 6:17:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Really? Damn I’ll have to look at that for the Gen 2 models connector too. I talked to Weipu direct and they wanted large order Qty and wouldn’t pre wire but might be worth it to try a few off eBay to see how hard it would be to make the lead myself
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Dang, what happened to the original perst-3 thread?!?!
Link Posted: 9/26/2023 12:12:34 PM EDT
[#22]
It’s still going lol, I got the last jobs ahead of us at work programmed to run out this week. The machinist that was helping has bailed so I just gotta run my program it’s not as efficient as I’d like but I’m figuring it out lol
Link Posted: 10/4/2023 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Update, almost done with the jobs ahead of us. I’m going to run a ton of these once it opens up and get them anodized. So orders won’t continue to be held up due to machining. Price for these first runs I’ve brought down to 200 + shipping. That will probably come up a little once I need to LLC, get a website etc set up.

US addresses only as this is technically ITAR
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#24]

interactive dice

The 4-40 tap for the lid I think is too tight to the side wall(slight bulge in main body and it broke the tap for some reason)  gunna make another one and see if I can use self tapping screws vs the tiny formtap. But we’re moving closer to proving out the program and starting production.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:10:19 PM EDT
[#25]
" />
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Update, making progress doing a slight redesign as I was moving along came across some manufacturing challenges with the initial design. Which is unfortunate as I had already made about 20 units at the mill but this is a major fault of the initial design so rather than make a workaround I am just redesigning the electrical connection and how it fits into the enclosure and then sending a small batch to anodizing. Also have made some slight offsets to accommodate material thickness of mounting surfaces with type 3 hard anodizing. This will be rock solid when done and I’m sure these will be parts that will last as long or longer than the original Zenitco product.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 8:40:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Update, making progress doing a slight redesign as I was moving along came across some manufacturing challenges with the initial design. Which is unfortunate as I had already made about 20 units at the mill but this is a major fault of the initial design so rather than make a workaround I am just redesigning the electrical connection and how it fits into the enclosure and then sending a small batch to anodizing. Also have made some slight offsets to accommodate material thickness of mounting surfaces with type 3 hard anodizing. This will be rock solid when done and I’m sure these will be parts that will last as long or longer than the original Zenitco product.
View Quote

It’s really cool how you’ve stuck with this project. Looking forward to final product.
Link Posted: 11/19/2023 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Appreciate it! Trying to make this happen for us Perst owners and I bought a Gen 3 unnecessarily to figure this out I already had a Gen 2 so now I gotta see this through lol  

Getting close trying a new variant I think I’ll be satisfied with after thanksgiving, and looking at making the crane Port internally so I’m not reliant on Zbolt and have a design made ground up for what we need since my issues rn are forcing the Zbolt port to be compatible with what I need it to.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 3:57:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Update,

Ok so I’m making a crane connector from scratch I’m not satisfied with retrofitting the Zbolt connector now that I can’t solder in one of the terminals and a spring broke out of another after soldering to it. it’s the major limiting factor for new orders I need to purchase these 50-60 dollar per unit ahead of time so I’m in 500+ per run of ten not to mention we can get cut off if they don’t like what I’m doing or even just be out of stock and I’m dead in the water. It will shorten the overall assembly and look much cleaner but that’s where I am now. I know I’ve missed every hopeful timeline But I’m still on the path and the bulk of the work is done so Q1 2024 these will be in the wild. lol
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 8:47:41 AM EDT
[#30]
Update,

Ok so I’m making a crane connector from scratch I’m not satisfied with retrofitting the Zbolt connector now that I can’t solder in one of the terminals and a spring broke out of another after soldering to it. it’s the major limiting factor for new orders I need to purchase these 50-60 dollar per unit ahead of time so I’m in 500+ per run of ten not to mention we can get cut off if they don’t like what I’m doing or even just be out of stock and I’m dead in the water. It will shorten the overall assembly and look much cleaner but that’s where I am now. I know I’ve missed every hopeful timeline But I’m still on the path and the bulk of the work is done so Q1 2024 these will be in the wild. lol
View Quote

Keep at it, man. Folks will jump on these once they're available and you have a review or two from trusted members under your belt.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#31]
This was a wild read, hopefully some day these will be available.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 6:08:18 PM EDT
[#32]

Crane plug test is going well, we don’t have a lathe so figuring out the most efficient means to do it on a mill and going to make a set out of brass to get plated.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:00:12 PM EDT
[#33]
First set of crane plugs complete, on the way from the other shop and getting them Nickel plated. One step closer to a finished professional grade unit.

upload images for free
Link Posted: 1/13/2024 6:18:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Just getting here, I have a handful of persts that need these. Good work!
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 12:26:59 AM EDT
[#35]

Fit is perfect, very pleased sending out for plating this week and going to try and knock out the first batch of parts and get those anodized and some testing started.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:38:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cryesncoding] [#36]

Not anodized/ or plated I just spray painted these for some destructive testing. I’m just finishing up some minor changes for final part and gunna get a working demo unit for a video and to open up ordering.

Excited to get these out in the wild
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Good job 👍
Is it for v.3 + perst LAM's?
Connector on the unit male or female?
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 11:13:31 PM EDT
[#38]
The model pictured above works for the gen 3 Persts that you can’t cut and splice. I believe it has the female Weipo connector on the Perst. I can convert the KV-D1 and D2 switches at this time. I am unsure if I can convert a safety lock bar KV-D1P or D2P yet.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 12:12:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Update

Just ironing out details and making sure I am prepared to start taking orders now. The lid is moving to a hybrid aluminum + polymer for impact resistance and I’m moving towards polymer only after feedback from the first orders which will be able to keep the hybrid lid or I can swap you to the new all polymer if you’d prefer that.

The actual Zenitco switch appears to be a glass filled nylon aswell. Realized after testing the purpose of the polymer lid being plastic is superior impact resistance over metal.

I will be taking 9-10 orders this month. I’ll post a video and pictures of complete unit as soon as they are done.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 10:03:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Very happy with the lid design just finished some destructive testing and very happy finally with the design and comfortable to sell it.

Plater finished the connectors today, I’m picking those up next week.  I’m going to bring out the part and the lids this weekend after I finish printing and post processing. So I WILL have a function video and 8 available units for sale by the end of the month.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#41]

Connectors back from plating, I have two versions of the polymer lid I’m between primarily on aesthetics. So I printed off the final options and gotta decide today so I can print off enough for this batch and I’ll get them cerakoted this week and show off the final piece! Been a long road thanks to everyone that’s been following this.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#42]
https://i.ibb.co/59JShQy/IMG-5143.jpg

Connectors back from plating, I have two versions of the polymer lid I’m between primarily on aesthetics. So I printed off the final options and gotta decide today so I can print off enough for this batch and I’ll get them cerakoted this week and show off the final piece! Been a long road thanks to everyone that’s been following this.
View Quote

Awesome to see you stick with this.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 10:52:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Parts are at cerakote so we’re in the end game now.
Very excited to show off a working professional part
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#44]
So parts are done at Cerakote, I can’t pick them up till Monday because the 3D printed parts have to air cure.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Following with interest. I managed to snag a smaller/newer Zenitco switch for my Perst 3 but being able to stick with the crane switch ecosystem is appealing.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 10:57:41 AM EDT
[#46]

Will post video of operation today.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#47]
I am not really happy with the way the lids turned out, I sanded them for an hour total before cerakote and tried filling in the layer lines but some of them show through a bit which looks alright but the ones I sanded more have a inconsistent not great textured look. So this run is up to you guys who want it. Obviously if y’all hate the lids I gotta make new ones but if enough people want these that I could just move forward that would be great.

I’ll post more pictures and open orders. and those who want this lid which is a tank may have them and in the future I won’t do any sanding and they will look 3D printed but cerakoted to match the aluminum. I will have to go to a simpler flat lid like the previous picture of the aluminum lid I made before and I can print it upside down so the top layer will look much cleaner for a cleaner look that does not cover the top of the part.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 11:55:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cryesncoding] [#48]

As you can see the main part and the nickel connector look clean and professional. The 3D printed lids kinda turned out like hammered shit imo, they looked good before I sanded and sealed them and unfortunately I couldn’t know that they’d look this way until after I spent another 100 dollars on cerakote lol. Sanding was supposed to improve the look not make it worse!

So options for this run will be you can choose this lid (I think if you were gunna rattle can it tan or some other color on top of the cerakote that should* cover the imperfections. These lids I would view as “up armored” relative the flat lid as it covers the top from impact/abrasion
Or second option I print a flat lid with the top down towards the print bed so it wil be perfectly flat on top without layer lines for these units get them cerakoted and call it a day. (I will have one done by tomorrow to post what it’ll look like)

So more to follow.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 11:50:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I’m interested in purchasing, I’m new here can you message me. I tried sending you one but it seems as if it didn’t send
Link Posted: 4/6/2024 10:52:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cryesncoding] [#50]
To clarify I am accepting orders this run if you hate the lid and want the flat I just need a extra week because I have to print them off and get them to cerakote and the plastic cerakote takes like 4 days to air cure.

This run is 200 and you will need to buy a scout light mount to attach it to your rifle. Following batches the price will go up, I am also looking at redesigning the mounting interface to just have a standard Picatinny mount integrated into it so it works and can be mounted straight from me.

I will try and knock out a quick YouTube of the unit working this morning.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top