Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 79
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:37:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Diffuser On, Full Power Illum, Adjust Pointer to taste - doesn't do it for you?
View Quote

@mickdonaldson & @towerofpower94

Thank you guys. This is why I post here.

Apparently I am a true knuckle dragger, I never thought of adjusting the illuminator (to a tighter beam) and adding the diffuser. That obviously gives the illuminator enough punch to get through the diffuser and get the desired throw size.

Now I feel dumb, but glad I posted here. I’ve been missing out on probably the most useful feature the entire time
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 4:01:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

This is what I was going to recommend and how I have all my PERST units as a sort of default set-up.
View Quote

Same, same. Then just whip the diffuser off, crank the dial to minimum, and profit!
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 8:10:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@mickdonaldson & @towerofpower94

Thank you guys.
View Quote

Glad it worked!
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#4]
What is the difference in persts, and rough cost for each? Seems like the 3 is the most popular.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:09:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is the difference in persts, and rough cost for each? Seems like the 3 is the most popular.
View Quote

Here: Ivan Tactical

The 4 is Viz/IR Pointer only, the 3 adds an Illuminator, the 2 adds a White Light - but 99.x% would rather go with a separate, more powerful WL. 4's and 3's are the most popular.
Link Posted: 8/27/2021 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The 4 is Viz/IR Pointer only, the 3 adds an Illuminator, the 2 adds a White Light - but 99.x% would rather go with a separate, more powerful WL. 4's and 3's are the most popular.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right on. The 3 seems like a pretty good package.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey Guys I bought 2 x Perst-3's from BPT and now one quit working in IR mode.  How has the warranty repair service been lately?  Do you just ship directly to Zenitco and get it taken care of or what?  I'm kinda bummed here because the first one worked flawlessly, so I got another one, which has just sat in the box until now.  So it hasn't seen any use other than initial power up and testing.  Anybody done any warranty work with them lately?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Hey Guys I bought 2 x Perst-3's from BPT and now one quit working in IR mode.  How has the warranty repair service been lately?  Do you just ship directly to Zenitco and get it taken care of or what?  I'm kinda bummed here because the first one worked flawlessly, so I got another one, which has just sat in the box until now.  So it hasn't seen any use other than initial power up and testing.  Anybody done any warranty work with them lately?  Thanks!
View Quote

Email zenitco to verify but I think you may have to go through BPT. Zenit couldnt take custody of my return from RussPost because I did not directly buy from them. Something to do with new customs regulations that took effect in July
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:06:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah that is the deal.  Zenitco will only accept back those bought directly from them.  Buyer now beware.  BPT flat refused to have anything to do with it because he's afraid of ITAR issues.  Which leaves anyone who bought through him in a catch 22.  Real nice.  Thanks guy.

My only hope is that Zenitco might step up here and help me out.  But so far all they are saying is nyet.  Which is disappointing, after hearing about their great customer service here.  

So, for all you guys looking at Perst lasers, read and heed.  They do fuck up, and you might not be able to get anything done about it.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2021 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Try Ivan tactical.  He has handled warranty returns in the past for people that didn't purchase through him.  Make it worth his while if he takes care of you.
Link Posted: 9/2/2021 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#11]
You know I do appreciate that brother.  I have seen several guys mention Ivan and his awesome customer service.  Might have to check him out.  

As for BPT, very disappointed.  Happy to take my money and import a Russian laser, but now won't touch it.  That's pretty fucked up.  But I don't think he gives a shit.    

Link Posted: 9/3/2021 1:24:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I had to send my Gen 1 PERST - 3 back to Moscow again recently since the illuminator stopped working a second time and one of the prongs in the tape switch plug snapped off. This is after 2 years of being mounted to my 11.5" pistol and the plug having constant pressure on it as I wrap the cord around my handguard to keep it from getting in the way. Like before, only the illuminator stopped working, the VIS and IR lasers still working.

I ordered my PERST directly from Zenitco off ebay so both times I talked to Dmitriy. Friendly and helpful last time, this time even better. He personally called me to let me know beforehand Zenitco might charge a repair fee since the warranty period is 1 year from purchase. He called again to let me know I had to pay $150 to refurbish the whole thing. Another call to let me know it was on its way back to me, in addition to messaging me the tracking number through ebay. It came back via Fedex very fast, Went from Moscow to Belgium to France and sat in US Customs in Memphis less than a day before making it to me a day after! (Sent it back July 24, got it back this past Monday) Everything works again and they even added Gen 3 battery cover screws which was cool.

Despite having to send it back twice, I still am a fan and will still use them over a DBAL, especially for the price. My friends who had DBALs weren't impressed by them and one has them fail on him as well. Have to mention my Holosun LS321G I had before was more reliable, never had to send it back lol. Only sold it because its not full power, illuminator was weak.

My Gen 2 PERST-4 on my SAM7SF hasnt seen as much use but so far great.

I am considering selling my Gen 1 PERST-3 so I can eventually replace it with a Gen 3.

Excellent CS from Zenitco and fuck BPT.
Link Posted: 9/3/2021 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah I would add in here that my main gripe is with BPT, in leaving me high and dry without warranty service path, vs any dig at Zenitco or Ivan.  The whole "buy from a US vendor" thing made me go with him, and turned out to be a bust.  Live and learn.  I think it's safe to say at this point there are at least some switched-on Russians, willing to adopt western-style customer service.  They have proven time and again that they are willing to go the extra mile to bridge the international gap.  

Out of 4 Pesrt-3's I've seen, 3 worked flawlessly and 1 had some kind of issue, although it remains to be seen how that works out.  There have been a few documented glitches on here and to my knowledge they have all been worked out, or at least all that were returned for service, were taken care of by Ivan or Zenitco.  Some guys had minor issues and decided to live with them rather than to risk the return process, but that seems to be going pretty well these days.      

I will say that part of the issue may have been the fit up of Surefire batts in there.  In my ignorance I just assumed using a Surefire batt in everything is a good idea, but maybe not so much in this case.  The unit comes with a Panasonic batt from the factory, which as Pat might say (may he RIP) is a clue.  They probably developed and tested it around those batts.  So the Pano fits like a glove but the Surefire must be shoe-horned in.  I went as far as removing one layer of rubber padding inside the batt housing to make extra room for the fatter Surefire.  When the unit malfunctioned, the Surefire was replaced with a Pano and the malfunction could not be duplicated.  Things that make you go hmmm.  But can that unit be trusted?  Dunno.    

So the moral of this here story is if you use Surefire batts and get a glitch, try switching out to Panosonics.  The extra bulky batt may have exerted excessive pressure in the housing, causing some kind of issue, who knows.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I’m hoping to snag an OG 9” AAC 300 BLK today. If I manage to do so, my LAM will be a PERST4 and I intend to use it while hunting hogs. Can’t freakin wait!
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 4:32:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Very cool.  What will you use for IR illum, if anything?  The -4 is a very cool package but then, for me at least, you gotta rig in some kind of illum.  Which is doable but then you gotta figure out how to rig up a dual switch.  I bought the 3-pin connectors off amazon but I'm clueless on this sort of thing; gotta a find an electronics wizard to help out.  Of course with a TAPS you won't have the rheostat but I can live without it.  I want to rig in a flashlight with my -3 so I have full boat IR and viz pointers and illum.  But the -3 would be nice with one of the Malkoff IR heads for illum.  Then you could get pointer and illum on one push, if that's something you guys need for hunting.
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
But the -3 would be nice with one of the Malkoff IR heads for illum.  Then you could get pointer and illum on one push, if that's something you guys need for hunting.
View Quote

The illuminator on the PERST-3 is a monster, do mean a Malkoff IR Head with a PERST-4?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Ha ha yeah you caught me; pulled a Biden there huh?

But of course I meant a -2, no 4, uh lemme check my note cards.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#18]
How well does a Perst 3 handle heat?? I think I’d like to run a Russian Perst on my AK, but it would be mounted above the gas tube on a Zenitco handguard
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Very cool.  What will you use for IR illum, if anything?  The -4 is a very cool package but then, for me at least, you gotta rig in some kind of illum.  Which is doable but then you gotta figure out how to rig up a dual switch.  I bought the 3-pin connectors off amazon but I'm clueless on this sort of thing; gotta a find an electronics wizard to help out.  Of course with a TAPS you won't have the rheostat but I can live without it.  I want to rig in a flashlight with my -3 so I have full boat IR and viz pointers and illum.  But the -3 would be nice with one of the Malkoff IR heads for illum.  Then you could get pointer and illum on one push, if that's something you guys need for hunting.
View Quote

I really like the Electrooptic full power illuminators...rugged and well-built, and like the Perst units great value for the money. Unlike the Perst's however, shipping is fast (within a week, including customs). Their Digital Extra is extremely powerful with a clean beam, adjustable power and focus.
https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/new-ir-laser-illuminator.7074651/
I got my second Perst 4 as well as spare three-pin connectors...a combination of a modbutton next to hotbutton allows switching of either unit or both at the same time. I haven't had time to do the wiring yet, but should be straightforward.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#20]
On AK's and heat, yeah I suppose that's why you see a lot of side mounts.  This is gonna depend on you, to a large extent.  If you typically do a lot of rapid fire, mag dumps, etc, then yeah something to think about.  For an "average" firing sked, I would think it would be all right.  AR's aren't really that different, and most do not have issues, at least I haven't heard of any.  

That new laser looks interesting.  Lots of new stuff coming out these days.  And yeah they getting their shipping dialed in.

I too bought the extra connectors but haven't gotten around to getting the damn thing wired into another switch.  I wish they would go to a "Crane" connector.  Interesting that the new gen III's are not convertible.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I received my first IR device ever last night, DBAL 9007 Peq-2. Nice quality unit and the laser seems fine after testing it at a park (quite a bit of ambient light from a nearby school) My problem is the illuminator seems extremely weak even when focused tightly. Shining in a tree 50 yards away I couldn’t even tell it was on. I’m considering returning and ordering the perst 3. Question is, is it too powerful for in the house use. Home defense is a consideration. Should I make due with what I have or go full power? Gen 3 Pvs-14
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I received my first IR device ever last night, DBAL 9007 Peq-2. Nice quality unit and the laser seems fine after testing it at a park (quite a bit of ambient light from a nearby school) My problem is the illuminator seems extremely weak even when focused tightly. Shining in a tree 50 yards away I couldn’t even tell it was on. I’m considering returning and ordering the perst 3. Question is, is it too powerful for in the house use. Home defense is a consideration. Should I make due with what I have or go full power? Gen 3 Pvs-14
View Quote

The Diffuser is perfect for inside.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#23]
If I get a gen 3 with turbo mode and inadvertently turn in on what is the risk against a white wall of it damaging tubes/eyes?

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If I get a gen 3 with turbo mode and inadvertently turn in on what is the risk against a white wall of it damaging tubes/eyes?

View Quote

Keep the device in off mode, you won’t accidentally turn anything on.

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#25]
I meant accidentally power on “turbo” mode.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I meant accidentally power on “turbo” mode.
View Quote

To better answer your question, I would not recommend turning any of these perst lasers up to higher power indoors. There are a lot of reflective materials inside of homes that we don’t normally think about. Splash from reflection making a direct hit would likely fry a tube even on low power (so could a civilian laser). Treat this stuff like you would treat a firearm.

Specifically the turbo mode is really used in long range outdoor applications. If it is a concern to you and you aren’t calling in air strikes, maybe stick with the regular powered red. The Turbo Perst is like the LA5 for the Russians.

My regular green P3 is a damn lightsaber on both IR and Vis. I rarely turn up my laser above the lowest setting when using night vision. I only use my vis to zero optics outdoors.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:08:20 AM EDT
[#27]
What he said.  The Perst lasers can be dangerous.  If you wouldn't shoot something, don't shine your laser at it.  A dry fire target with a safe backstop is the best.  

For CQB, the LAM you have should be just fine.  I have a ATPIAL with no more power than yours and it works just fine.  

For longer distances the Perst does shine, but like the man said, you rarely need full power.  In fact on low, it's probably a little too bright for indoor use.  I wish it had one more low setting.  So my advice, don't trade your Steiner for a Perst.  Then you'd have the opposite problem.

And yes you can permanently damage your eyes with the thing, just like your firearm.  I suppose that's why we have nerfed lasers.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:36:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Everybodies mileage varies, but on my P3 I use Illuminator Low w/Diffuser inside. Outside, I use Illuminator Max w/Diffuser out to about 50 - then crank to Low and pop off the Diffuser for anything past 50. So it's basically Diffuser manipulation and one big turn on the Rheostat knob for all environments - it's pretty fast.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 10:36:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Yeah I'm not sure now if we were talking pointer or illum.  I was referring to pointer.  Wish it had one more setting- down.  You're absolutely right about the illum with diffuser.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Someone told me a while ago on this thread another website to track packages other than aftership.

It worked better and had more updates. I cant remember and don't want to go looking through the last 30 pages
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:50:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Someone told me a while ago on this thread another website to track packages other than aftership.

It worked better and had more updates. I cant remember and don't want to go looking through the last 30 pages
View Quote

I used this one:

17Track
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 3:17:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Can anyone with a Gen 2 or 3 Perst 3 take a picture of the front of the laser showing the IR and Red laser? I bought one of the laser covers off ebay from the guy in here however the 2 lasers don't line up correctly, thinking its because mines a Gen 1 possibly? Cover does fit fine tho.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#33]
What flip up front sights play nice with Perst 4 lasers…if any? I want to add backup sights to my rifle but wanted to make sure the laser would clear the front sight.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#34]
All normal flip up sights will clear any of the persts.
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 2:53:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Does anybody know if the perst 3's have to have the preload or whatever it's called put on the adjustment screws like the Steiners? I haven't had much time to zero my first gen 1 but I remember some inconsistencies. I've got a second on the way. I'm hoping to get both out soon and dial them in. I remember something about it NUMEROUS pages back.

Do they have the preload and which direction is it applied? Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Does anybody know if the perst 3's have to have the preload or whatever it's called put on the adjustment screws like the Steiners? I haven't had much time to zero my first gen 1 but I remember some inconsistencies. I've got a second on the way. I'm hoping to get both out soon and dial them in. I remember something about it NUMEROUS pages back.

Do they have the preload and which direction is it applied? Thanks.
View Quote

Not on mine (purchased early 2020). Each "click" is very positive, and moves the pointer a good bit, in either direction. I haven't noticed any zero loss, but I just shoot steel at night, offhand. If you wanted to be belt and suspenders, IIRC the Steiner needs to come to it's final position, in the "Righty-Tighty" direction.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 4:38:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Picked up your covers this week as well.  Re: the loctite, is the procedure to dry fit the cap to ensure correct fit/placement, remove it, put drop of loctite on thread, then reinstall the cap in the original position?

Also, is there a way to confirm correct placement without using the laser (are the emitters visible through the holes when the unit is powered off?). I'm still awaiting my Perst 3 to arrive so don't have a unit to inspect myself yet
Link Posted: 10/17/2021 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#38]
No, have not noticed any "pre-load" issues with Perst-3.  Just adjust and shoot comrade.  The pointer is pretty straight-forward; it's adjusting the illum onto it that can be sporty.  You have to move both adjustments incrementally, together, or it can bind up.    

On cover, make sure batt is OUT, and get rough alignment with emitters.  Press in slightly.  Check with visual laser on lowest setting.  If I get a round dot on wall, I'm GTG.  If not, rotate with small pliers until aligned.  DO NOT look into emitters.  Holes seem to be over-sized a bit so you can be slightly off and it still works.  Press in fully, Loctite as required.  Treat it like a bbl; don't look down it it if it's "loaded".
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey ya'll I am back with a new design, but this is exclusive for the Perst-4 folks. A few months ago I asked myself if I could convert some of the ugly spill of the IR lasers into something useful, especially for folks using NV. In other words, could I diffuse the bloom and create an illuminator from the perst-4. Here are the results:

First off, is the new cover design. What I wanted to do is use some sort of clear 3D plastic housing that would act as a diffuser. It's not the most aesthetically pleasing, but I am sure I can and will probably spray paint the bezel edges black for myself at some point

Just so you get an idea, the room I tested in was pitch black, I am using my aurora pro, and in this room at night it struggles real bad, I can barely make out my guitar hanging on the wall

Using the persts covers I currently sell on ebay, and on the lowest setting I fired up the IR laser, and as you can see, it's a pretty clear point, and not much illumination outside of that, which is exactly what that project was meant to address, and it's proven to be well liked by a lot of you here and on ebay

Without the cover, we get event horizon, but you already knew that..

Now with my new clear cover, as you can see the spill gets diffused and the room gets lit quite nicely. Essentially I've turned the Perst-4 into a laser and illuminator combo

More comparisons, without cover

With new cover

And more pics just for the heck of it, again, starting in a pitch black room, there is absolutely zero ambient light in this room (storage basement)

Lowest IR setting on P4

Medium IR setting (probably not eye safe)

Highest IR setting (not eye safe)

Overall I am quite happy with the results, as always, feedback is appreciated, let me know what you guys think and if you guys believe this is worth putting up on ebay as well. In a few days I'll post pics comparing my perst-3 illuminator(diffused)+laser and my perst-4 laser+new translucent cover so you get an idea when comparing apples to apples

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 5:08:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anyone have one of these, or are they elusively for people larping as Russian SF? There seems to be a dearth of information, but they look a bit interesting. A grand is more than I'm willing to gamble on trying on out personally, though.
View Quote

I have a bunch of Perst 4s, and one Perst 3. The Perst 4s are full power lasers for about $500. The Perst 3 is a really special unit in that it has a full power laser illuminator. The DBAL D2 is bright as you'll ever need, but it is a LED illuminator. Supposedly the laser illuminators are harder to see without NODs? I own more than a couple Russian VEPR and SAIGA AKs, and I matched them up with Russian lasers. I have to say that they have all worked flawlessly. Short of a PEQ unit, which is supposedly illegal, it's the only way to have more IR laser power than you'll ever need.  
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 6:56:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Alright, I couldn't resist, I had both my P3 and P4 on hand, and I figured I'd show you the difference with my new cover design

Perst-3/4 IR laser on lowest setting (this has my old ebay covers that helps with the bloom/spill), wall is about 40-50ft away

Perst-3 (Diffused illiuminator + IR laser, lowest setting)

Perst-4 (IR laser + new translucent cover, lowest setting) - I wish I could manufacture a nice even coat to make it look like the P3's diffused illuminator, but for amateur 3D printing its not that bad I think. For being what it is, and the fact that you only need to push one button to get the best of both worlds is a nice way to get more out of the P4 for half the cost

Perst-3 (Spotlight illuminator + IR laser)

Side by side

Anyways, excited to hear what you guys think!
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Alright, I couldn't resist, I had both my P3 and P4 on hand, and I figured I'd show you the difference with my new cover design

Perst-3/4 IR laser on lowest setting (this has my old ebay covers that helps with the bloom/spill), wall is about 40-50ft away
https://i.imgur.com/3ClbBXy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TEQkIt8.jpg

Side by side
https://i.imgur.com/pq2GiDn.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/3ClbBXy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TEQkIt8.jpg

Side by side
https://i.imgur.com/pq2GiDn.jpg

Beautiful! Just what I need. I have to find out exactly where you bought that nice low profile rubber viewfinder eye piece and lens cover for the sionyx, my butler creeks are popping open all the time!

BTW you low power looks pretty good.

Quoted:

I have a bunch of Perst 4s, and one Perst 3. The Perst 4s are full power lasers for about $500. The Perst 3 is a really special unit in that it has a full power laser illuminator. The DBAL D2 is bright as you'll ever need, but it is a LED illuminator. Supposedly the laser illuminators are harder to see without NODs? I own more than a couple Russian VEPR and SAIGA AKs, and I matched them up with Russian lasers. I have to say that they have all worked flawlessly. Short of a PEQ unit, which is supposedly illegal, it's the only way to have more IR laser power than you'll ever need.  
https://i.imgur.com/zNmiPJC.jpg?2

I want to do the same as you but with Perst-2 if that's the most powerful. On each of my platforms, I want to put a Perst-2 as back up in case my main laser fails. It will increase weight but I accept that for added peace of mind and capability.

I'll have to find that thread and see what you guys think about the Pert-2 or their most powerful unit, I don't really care for white light, I just need the most powerful Aimer and Illuminator above IZLID etc... I wanted to know if that ir illuminator can be fine tuned to also double as an IR aimer and what the max range is.

I also have very limited rail space. Will the perst-2 take up the same or less total rail space than the various ATILLA's on the market? I prefer throw lever mounts and I dislike screw on mounts for fear they will get loose. If it was rated for 50 cal even better!
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I’m hoping to snag an OG 9” AAC 300 BLK today. If I manage to do so, my LAM will be a PERST4 and I intend to use it while hunting hogs. Can’t freakin wait!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Just updating the my warranty story for anybody else who's is the same boat. Finally got my origional broken p3 back from mail jail and got it in the mail to RT. FYI for anybody needing to send their units back for repairs, you need to send it to the distributor you purchased it from NOT Zenitco.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 2:51:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Beautiful! Just what I need. I have to find out exactly where you bought that nice low profile rubber viewfinder eye piece and lens cover for the sionyx, my butler creeks are popping open all the time!

BTW you low power looks pretty good.
View Quote

Thank you for the feedback. Got the rubber cap on amazon here, but you'll also need the 3D plastic thing that will hold it from kilohm over at etsy.

Alright everyone, I decided to re-design the cap and here are the results. By the way, I am starting a new thread for the perst-4 since I feel like this thread is mostly dedicated to the perst-3, and not really relevant for the folks out there who already have an illuminator built into their IR laser systems. You can find the new thread here: ar15.com/forums/Armory/Converting-the-Perst-4-zenitco-into-a-laser-illuminator-combo-using-the-spill/18-529678/

Convert zenitco perst-4 into an IR dual laser + illuminator (diffused)
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Just received my Perst-3 from Zenitco on ebay (ordered Oct 31, received Nov 8). Looking forward to getting it zero'd and playing with it on my next hunt. Don't mind the backwards remote switch... it's been corrected

Link Posted: 11/8/2021 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Looking good.  

As an update, the Perst-3 that had a temporary glitch has not been repeated and is holding up fine.  I think that was probably operator error.   So yeah 4 units between me and my mate, and all working well.  

Wanted to throw this out there.  Anyone know of "a guy" who could install a Perst-style canon plug onto a TAPS Switch?  I bought the proper canon plugs off Amazon so if someone knows their stuff, they could pull off the Crane and replace it with the "Perst" plug, and no ugly splice bulge.  The canon plug has these 3 small pins that would need some kind of (tiny) receptacle on the wires to connect everything?  Anyways, this would be the optimum way of doing things, so I'd pay to get it done, vs just splicing it myself.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
 “I bought the proper canon plugs off Amazon”
View Quote

Can you share the part number or url for those?
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 10:50:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Oh man lemme look; got it from here many pages ago!
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Page 57.

Quoted:
For anyone looking for a Perst 4 connector for hacking a TAPS Sync or other switch, I reached out to a company on Amazon that sold other Weipu connectors and they have added the SA610/S3B to their listings.

I'll link down below but you want "3 pin" and "Plug in female" to get the correct plug. More expensive per connector than Aliexpress but free shipping.

SA610/S3B

View Quote

EDIT: Noticed you were referencing a P3
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top