User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 7:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone not loving their perst 3?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Waiting on my Order from RT.. But my other P4 from a Member came in today.. Picked up a ModButton just to hack it all up ( Oh the Horror) and wired it up to the Laser, in front I got the Hot Button hooked up to the SureFire.. If I work on the controls more I can press both switches to get Momentary.. So far this laser is the ShizNits

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 1:39:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Waiting on my Order from RT.. But my other P4 from a Member came in today.. Picked up a ModButton just to hack it all up ( Oh the Horror) and wired it up to the Laser, in front I got the Hot Button hooked up to the SureFire.. If I work on the controls more I can press both switches to get Momentary.. So far this laser is the ShizNits

https://i.postimg.cc/BQpXQTXG/6-E22542-D-694-A-485-F-82-C5-1148-A60-EB664.jpg
View Quote
Nicely done amigo I trust the splice worked out as-intended?
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:12:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/BQpXQTXG/6-E22542-D-694-A-485-F-82-C5-1148-A60-EB664.jpg

Haha yes it did.. Thanks for the extra tip my man..
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/KvfDMqCN/30-F6-CEB4-14-B8-4-BD4-AB79-8-F8-BEFB357-DF.jpg
View Quote

Nice! Looks like the hot button fits in well on the P4 as well.

Now if only modlite would make a momentary only version of the hot button. I like mine but I've had it go constant on me from recoil before. Is a modification to the hot button what you mean by 'working on' in your post?Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I am sure this question has been asked and answered many times before, but I am coming up empty on search.

I am about to order a Perst4 directly from Zentico on eBay, I understand the wait, but just want to ensure people have had luck getting these from their eBay store. I see they’ve sold a shit ton, so I doubt I have anything to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:22:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Sidebar
@LVmike
What is this scout mount?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Now if only modlite would make a momentary only version of the hot button. I like mine but I've had it go constant on me from recoil before. Is a modification to the hot button what you mean by 'working on' in your post?https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/83102/20200813_064615_jpg-1788601.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.postimg.cc/KvfDMqCN/30-F6-CEB4-14-B8-4-BD4-AB79-8-F8-BEFB357-DF.jpg

Now if only modlite would make a momentary only version of the hot button. I like mine but I've had it go constant on me from recoil before. Is a modification to the hot button what you mean by 'working on' in your post?https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/83102/20200813_064615_jpg-1788601.JPG

What I meant by “working on” was if I practice more I MAY GET BETTER Activating the controls how I want it lol.. There are a few times I’ve gotten the Perst to go Constant when I press the ModButton when I really wanted Momentary.. I may end up going with a TAPS SYNC (maybe) but I’m limited to rail space..
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#9]

I believe it’s a Magpul M-Lok Scout Mount..
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]
How does the hive feel about having their Perst hang out beyond the rail a bit? This would be on a 100% suppressed rifle, so heat would be constantly radiating in its vicinity.

I'd love to have my TAPS a few pic sections farther forward so I dont have to retract my grip so much...but not at the expense of burning up the lightsaber.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Has anyone bought one of these since 11/13 and gotten it?  Mine has been stalled somewhere in shipping since 11/20.  Zenitco says nothing they've shipped since 11/13 has been delivered, but that this happened around the same time last year as well.
View Quote

Purchased from Russian Thunder BF weekend, entered Russian post on 30 Dec, hit Russian exit customs 3 Jan, arrived NY customs 10 Jan, delivered to VA 15 Jan.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How does the hive feel about having their Perst hang out beyond the rail a bit? This would be on a 100% suppressed rifle, so heat would be constantly radiating in its vicinity.

I'd love to have my TAPS a few pic sections farther forward so I dont have to retract my grip so much...but not at the expense of burning up the lightsaber.
View Quote

My P2 hangs ~1/2” from the end of an SDN-6 on a 10.3 5.56 AR. That rifle has been used in multiple matches and practice sessions with 60-90+ round strings with no I’ll effects to any of the IR bits, viz laser, or white light.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My P2 hangs ~1/2" from the end of an SDN-6 on a 10.3 5.56 AR. That rifle has been used in multiple matches and practice sessions with 60-90+ round strings with no I'll effects to any of the IR bits, viz laser, or white light.
View Quote
Great to hear! I'm gonna give it a go. I've been impressed with the Perst but still being more gentle with it than most of my other stuff since warranty work is an international affair.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:54:03 AM EDT
[#14]

It's a magpul, I forget the model but I do think it had scout in the name, that has been krylon'd for a different rifle. Had it laying around and it's just about perfect for reducing suppressor shadow. It looks a little funny with the tape switch wire wrapped around it but it keeps it snag free
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:57:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Great to hear! I'm gonna give it a go. I've been impressed with the Perst but still being more gentle with it than most of my other stuff since warranty work is an international affair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My P2 hangs ~1/2" from the end of an SDN-6 on a 10.3 5.56 AR. That rifle has been used in multiple matches and practice sessions with 60-90+ round strings with no I'll effects to any of the IR bits, viz laser, or white light.
My Perst 4 fell out a car window doing about 10mph, did the dirt road bounce and still speaks fluent commie.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:58:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I am sure this question has been asked and answered many times before, but I am coming up empty on search.

I am about to order a Perst4 directly from Zentico on eBay, I understand the wait, but just want to ensure people have had luck getting these from their eBay store. I see they’ve sold a shit ton, so I doubt I have anything to worry about.
View Quote

I did exactly what you’re talking about, ordered from eBay in January 1st and received it in the mail today.  Second one I’ve ordered from eBay. First order took just over month and that was last august.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:52:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Got mine in today, only thing I don't love is that the LED for the on indicator doesn't line up with the window but I can still see it pretty well so it's not a big deal. I thought KV-5P tape switch was constant on only but I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it's momentary as well, I still plan on getting a KV-9P switch as soon as Ivan gets more in stock and I'll get a Unity Hot Button for my Modlite. I also have a can of duracoat magpul fde on the way.

I ordered from IvanTactical with the expedited shipping and was ready to wait weeks or possibly months for it but I guess I got lucky. Ordered on the 01/14, shipped on 01/15 and delivered 01/21.

Package status: Delivered (6 Days)
Origin:
2021-01-21 12:38 United States, Delivery
2021-01-20 10:57 United States, USJFKA, Import of international mail
2021-01-20 01:07 United States, JFK, Processing of international mail, Received by the designated operator
2021-01-20 00:07 United States, JFK, Processing of international mail, Processing by designated postal operator
2021-01-19 04:36 Russian Federation, Sheremet`evo MMPO PCI-7 104007, Export of international mail
2021-01-19 04:36 Russian Federation, Processing of international mail, Forwarded to the carrier
2021-01-17 18:17 Russian Federation, Sheremet`evo EMS 130980, Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange
2021-01-17 12:03 Russian Federation, Sheremet`evo EMS 130980, Customs clearance, Released by custom house
2021-01-17 12:02 Russian Federation, Sheremet`evo EMS 130980, Handed over to customs
2021-01-17 09:36 Russian Federation, Sheremet`evo EMS 130980, Processing, Arrival at transit office of exchange
2021-01-16 23:07 Russian Federation, Sheremet`evo AOPP 104040, Processing, Departure from inward office of exchange
2021-01-16 15:36 Russian Federation, Sheremet`evo AOPP 104040, Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange
2021-01-16 11:57 Russian Federation, Moskva-Paveleckij Vokzal PZhDP 102150, Processing, Departure from inward office of exchange
2021-01-16 06:24 Russian Federation, Moskva-Paveleckij Vokzal PZhDP 102150, Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange
2021-01-15 18:52 Russian Federation, Orel MSC 302960, Processing, Sorting
2021-01-15 18:52 Russian Federation, Orel MSC 302960, Processing, Arrival at inward office of exchange
2021-01-15 15:15 Russian Federation, Orel 5 302005, Processing, Departed from origin facility
2021-01-15 14:37 Russian Federation, Orel 5 302005, Acceptance, Single
2021-01-15 11:33 Russian Federation, Orel 16 302016, Identifier assignment
2021-01-15 10:41 Russian Federation, Kursk MSC 305960, Processing, Departure from inward office of exchange

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Anyone know if they are ever going to do a version that will accept regular surefire pressure pads and other standard U.S. switches?

That and are there safety covers for the laser and illuminator?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My Perst 4 fell out a car window doing about 10mph, did the dirt road bounce and still speaks fluent commie.

View Quote

Good to hear.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:46:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Anyone know if they are ever going to do a version that will accept regular surefire pressure pads and other standard U.S. switches?

That and are there safety covers for the laser and illuminator?
View Quote

I’d be very surprised if they did a run which was compatible with western switches.

Regarding ‘safety covers’....rule 1. Be aware of your muzzle and all will be fine.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Is this the new version?
View Quote

I honestly have no idea. I think the gen 2's have better waterproofing but look exactly the same??
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:52:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I honestly have no idea. I think the gen 2's have better waterproofing but look exactly the same??
View Quote

I think I confused myself in the past few pages. Is the latest gen Perst-3 gen 2 or gen 3?

ETA: I bought one of these last week. Am I good to go? Says "gen 2 plug" but nothing else about updates.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:25:34 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I think I confused myself in the past few pages. Is the latest gen Perst-3 gen 2 or gen 3?

ETA: I bought one of these last week. Am I good to go? Says "gen 2 plug" but nothing else about updates.
View Quote

I believe gen 2 is the newest gen for the Perst 3.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 5:27:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I believe gen 2 is the newest gen for the Perst 3.
View Quote

Perst-3 Gen 3 is supposed to be released sometime this month.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Perst-3 Gen 3 is supposed to be released sometime this month.
View Quote

That's not true, there is no Perst3 gen 3.  The new Perst3 is gen 2, the new Perst4 is gen 3.  They are two different products.

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Alright I'm not the only one that was confused then. Thanks for clearing that up!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Gen 2 plug" refers to the socket that was updated mid 2019.
Gen 1 plug:
https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapon-accessories/flashlights-and-accessories/accesories/zenitco-kv-1p-remote-pressure-switch/

Gen 2 plug:
https://ivantactical.com/shop/weapon-accessories/flashlights-and-accessories/accesories/zenitco-kv-1p-gen-2-remote-pressure-switch/
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Ok, so I might be getting a Gen 1 Perst 3 with a gen 2 plug? But there's a Gen 2 Perst 3 coming out this month and that's the latest gen? Talk to me like I'm in kindergarten.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That's not true, there is no Perst3 gen 3.  The new Perst3 is gen 2, the new Perst4 is gen 3.  They are two different products.

https://i.imgur.com/2wMXbc1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9g7YRu3.jpg
View Quote

Thanks for the correction.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ok, so I might be getting a Gen 1 Perst 3 with a gen 2 plug? But there's a Gen 2 Perst 3 coming out this month and that's the latest gen? Talk to me like I'm in kindergarten.
View Quote

You bought the gen1 Perst3.  If you'd like to wait it out for the gen 2 just send them an email and they will be happy to do so.

The gen2 will cost the exact same as gen1, just have new internal electronics, improved water resistance, and a new plug and switch.  I have not had my hands on the new switch but it does look better.  Zenitco also confirmed they will release other new switches as well but has not said what style they would be, it's very possible and likely they will use western design as an influence such as the mod button and/or taps, I make this assumption based on their actions of making all the Perst and klesch lineup 100% compatible with each other.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 3:15:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You bought the gen1 Perst3.  If you'd like to wait it out for the gen 2 just send them an email and they will be happy to do so.

The gen2 will cost the exact same as gen1, just have new internal electronics, improved water resistance, and a new plug and switch.  I have not had my hands on the new switch but it does look better.  Zenitco also confirmed they will release other new switches as well but has not said what style they would be, it's very possible and likely they will use western design as an influence such as the mod button and/or taps, I make this assumption based on their actions of making all the Perst and klesch lineup 100% compatible with each other.
View Quote

Thanks. They already shipped it so it is what it is.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't really care about direct Crane plug inputs; splicing it into one isn't too difficult...But, I do wish they'd find a way to make their three prong plug more robust/secure. Perhaps the design is more robust than I'm giving it credit for, but man it feels wobbly and breakage-prone with how far the connector extends from the laser body. And the three prongs themselves are awfully thin.

The overall design of these things appears to be robust and legitimately duty-grade, so it's certainly possible that they've vetted the plug design. But it just feels flimsy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:49:55 PM EDT
[#35]
has anyone broken any yet? Ive seen at least 2-3 broke female crane connectors.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Very interested in getting one. I have a few questions if anyone could be so kind:

1. Anyone run one of these with a Razor HD in a standard height mount? Wondering if it will clear over the top of the Perst, or if my view through the optic will be obstructed.
2. If you mount it on top of the rail, is it pretty comfortable and practical hitting the button on top of the box? I have pretty limited rail space, so I doubt I can mount the tape switch.
3. Which store is best? I see an official Zenitco on ebay, Ivan Tactical, and a few others.

Sorry if these were already answered somewhere, but this thread is like 60 pages long...
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Very interested in getting one. I have a few questions if anyone could be so kind:

1. Anyone run one of these with a Razor HD in a standard height mount? Wondering if it will clear over the top of the Perst, or if my view through the optic will be obstructed.
2. If you mount it on top of the rail, is it pretty comfortable and practical hitting the button on top of the box? I have pretty limited rail space, so I doubt I can mount the tape switch.
3. Which store is best? I see an official Zenitco on ebay, Ivan Tactical, and a few others.

Sorry if these were already answered somewhere, but this thread is like 60 pages long...
View Quote

2. Pretty easy to activate even on a tall rail like a DD Lite. There is always the button on the backside as well.

3. Very happy with how ordering / shipping went with Ivan Tactical, he's definitely good to go
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

1. No help here, always used 1.93 or higher.
2. I find it *very* easy to use either the back or top button.
3. I used Zenitco eBay, but I never needed service. He did answer quick when I had a question. I'd go Ivan Tactical if you want guaranteed rock solid support, just going off of other guys reports - they do stuff like shipping out replacement units, before they get the original back...hard to beat.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
1. lower 1/3 with Aimpoint

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:46:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

1. It obstructs the lower third of the view on 1x but not enough to bother me. It disappears around 2-3x

2. It is comfortable thumb over top- just don’t keep thumb over when you are using your scope otherwise 2/3 will be obstructed.

3. Ivan tactical ships fast and has excellent customer service all around. Russian thunder seems cheaper esp. after their occasional 10% coupon codes and they are responsive as well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 1:15:14 AM EDT
[#41]
So when exactly are the gen 2 Perst 3's available to order? I've been holding out, but I think I'll get one ordered when they are available.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:12:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So when exactly are the gen 2 Perst 3's available to order? I've been holding out, but I think I'll get one ordered when they are available.
View Quote

You can order a perst-3 from Russian thunder and request a gen2 unit.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#43]
I didn't scroll the whole thread, but if anyone wants to connect their perst up to a crane cable or surefire switch all you need to do is connect the white perst wire to the inner wire of the crane/sf cable, and connect the green/brown perst cables to the outer crane cable. Easy peasy.

Attachment Attached File

PERST
Attachment Attached File

CRANE/SF
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:52:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I didn't scroll the whole thread, but if anyone wants to connect their perst up to a crane cable or surefire switch all you need to do is connect the white perst wire to the inner wire of the crane/sf cable, and connect the green/brown perst cables to the outer crane cable. Easy peasy.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/signal-2021-01-23-210514_jpg-1794761.JPG
PERST
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/20210123_203236_jpg-1794764.JPG
CRANE/SF
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/20210123_203251_jpg-1794765.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/signal-2021-01-23-235621_jpg-1794762.JPG
View Quote

Thank you for the clear explanation and pictures.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:02:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm super impressed with Ivan Tactical. Ordered Perst-3 Jan 16th, shipped Jan 18th, and USPS says they'll deliver it to my door tomorrow!

ETA: I paid for their Express Mail option and it works. Most definitely.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Why the 700 over the 250?
View Quote

Because I'm ignorant and wanted 700mW over 250mW

Figure if I'm using shitty PVS-5 gen2+ tubes in a bino setup, I should probably have as much light as possible, LOL
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/signal-2021-01-23-210514_jpg-1794761.JPG
PERST
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/20210123_203236_jpg-1794764.JPG
CRANE/SF
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/20210123_203251_jpg-1794765.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/285822/signal-2021-01-23-235621_jpg-1794762.JPG
View Quote

Nice write up

Now to find a Taps Sync actually in stock somewhere
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I emailed russian thunder and asked. There was a little bit of a language barrier but they said they are going to be the new gen models now. Also said to expect delays due to demand and theyve had some covid problems in house.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can order a perst-3 from Russian thunder and request a gen2 unit.

I emailed russian thunder and asked. There was a little bit of a language barrier but they said they are going to be the new gen models now. Also said to expect delays due to demand and theyve had some covid problems in house.

Anyone know what the "Green+" option is from Russian Thunder? There is Green, Red, and Green+, and they're all the same price. So naturally, I opted for Green+ because surely it's better? Tell me I didn't F up....
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:23:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Anyone know what the "Green+" option is from Russian Thunder? There is Green, Red, and Green+, and they're all the same price. So naturally, I opted for Green+ because surely it's better? Tell me I didn't F up....
View Quote

Just increased vis laser output
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top