BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 10:50:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

No proof, just what this guy is saying on FB. The problem is those idiots are going to actually email that agent and ask questions about the Perst legality. Sort of like they did with the ATF and braces.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do we actually have any proof of this? Or just I heard it from so and so, and he heard it from so and so. Garand Thumb? Lol who is basically a shill

No proof, just what this guy is saying on FB. The problem is those idiots are going to actually email that agent and ask questions about the Perst legality. Sort of like they did with the ATF and braces.

If you're too stupid to Google shit for yourself or too fearful you have to ask LEO or FDA or BATF maybe you just should err on caution and leave it alone.

I can just see getting pulled over and a cop going hey is that a Perst 3?

I'm gonna half to run that by the boys at the FDA, hang tight for a few minutes...............
Link Posted: 9/28/2020 11:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

That guy is making/marketing his own LAMs.

It's possible he's heard this while going through the process of trying to obtain a variance to market/sell his own IR lasers.

I certainly hope he didn't himself bring it to their attention for selfish purposes.

I don't know him, have never dealt with him, and we don't carry his product(s), so I have no inside information, and cannot and will not speculate on which it is.

That being said, as always, you usually can only make so much money for so long before the Federal government takes notice and either wants a piece of the action or wants to shut you down.

~Augee
View Quote

Wow.

The way he threw that FDA email out there like that encouraging people to send in emails sure makes it seem like he was doing it maliciously. There are definitely some fools that will email in asking for clarification from the FDA.

Link Posted: 9/28/2020 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

You bet! Not giving ya a hard time or anything. I forgot BPT mentioned it in his rant.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone measured the laser offset of the Perst 3 in relation to the bore?
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Eh, pretty much the same as my PEQ-15 was.  You are roughly 3/4" to the side, and 1 1/2" above the bore.  I don't really get into all that; I just set it to the RDS and go.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#6]
If anyone is interested. I got my Perst in 8 days from Ivan with the expedited shipping :)

Link Posted: 9/29/2020 5:48:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If anyone is interested. I got my Perst in 8 days from Ivan with the expedited shipping :)

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/923/pmpRG7.jpg
View Quote

It's been 10 days for me and it seems like it's still in Russia

That's awesome though, maybe the tracking goes dark once it leaves the country.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1024x768q90/923/pmpRG7.jpg
View Quote

Awesome!

Nice build and paint
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Any interest in this?
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 9:10:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Any interest in this?
https://i.ibb.co/sqcKx3Q/perstv2.jpg
View Quote

Not so much the P-Leaf haha but I'd want some of those knurled screws for all mine!

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 3:24:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Finally got to shoot a bit at night with my Perst 3, I love the thing and it worked great but man adjusting the illuminator sucks. I forgot my allen head tool so had to use the built in tool (couldn't get it to turn by hand inside the illuminator socket tho) and a flathead I found. Burnt my finger a bit on my hot suppressor trying to turn the screwdriver. IR laser was pretty much on at 100 after I zeroed the red laser earlier this year so that was nice.

Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:08:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Not so much the P-Leaf haha but I'd want some of those knurled screws for all mine!

View Quote

P-LEAF, nice. I wonder if McMaster has a knurled screw that would work? The trick is finding it LOL! Email support with a pic and measurements?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:11:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Finally got to shoot a bit at night with my Perst 3, I love the thing and it worked great but man adjusting the illuminator sucks. I forgot my allen head tool so had to use the built in tool (couldn't get it to turn by hand inside the illuminator socket tho) and a flathead I found. Burnt my finger a bit on my hot suppressor trying to turn the screwdriver. IR laser was pretty much on at 100 after I zeroed the red laser earlier this year so that was nice.

https://i.imgur.com/zxt1uja.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, it seems the 'suckiness' of the adjusters, varies - Mine turned fine with the blue tool, my hand blocking the beam was the biggest PITA. Nice pic.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:50:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone know if there is a P/N for CRANE-spec sockets? Wondering if I can get a source on them and just build a short adapter pigtail (CRANE female socket to male SA6 plug) instead of making permanent modifications to Surefire/Unity switches.

If there isn't, maybe I'll just prototype some connectors with some 3D printing and some strips of copper and wire. Won't be the most elegant setup but in theory it should be plug and play without demanding any soldering skills/tools for others who are looking to do the same.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:22:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Well I'll second that emotion, as well as the BUI(?)S.  But there is a third (brown) wire for the dimmer circuit; not sure how you would get around this, except to lose the feature I suppose.  I really like it but would be worth the trade-off to get a lower profile switch.  Maybe even a hot button.    

A fixed front site on the batt door would be interesting.  What height did you go with?
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:39:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted: A fixed front site on the batt door would be interesting.  What height did you go with?
View Quote

It's a 36/300 zero with a standard rear BUS (or adjustable with a rear sight with elevation adustment). I'm still playing with the overall width; obviously you want it narrow but it needs to be durable.
It's milled from 7075 with no anodize coating, but the final version will be anodized. The thumb screws will be replaced because there is a thread relief cut that makes the BUS have an unacceptable amount of play. One screw is a 4 way locator while the other is a 2 way locator.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:..But there is a third (brown) wire for the dimmer circuit; not sure how you would get around this, except to lose the feature I suppose.
View Quote

You will still have dimming options on the LAM itself.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:38:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Tried this. The Hot Button prevented me from operating the Perst efficiently from my offhand. I'm not using the Perst tape switch, not enough real estate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IMO the hot setup has already been posted a ways back. the unity hot button hard up against the perst with the perst tape switch butted up against that. tucks in really nice. if only unity hot buttons existed.

Tried this. The Hot Button prevented me from operating the Perst efficiently from my offhand. I'm not using the Perst tape switch, not enough real estate.

What I'd look into is the hot button and wing combo and maybe the new 1500 scout with articulating mount feet. You should be able to adjust its position away (downwards) if its sitting too close.

Eta: scratch that the scout pro is mlok or pic only, not backwards compatible with older scout mounts. You could always just use the hot button or single pad tape switch and forego the wing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Any interest in this?
https://i.ibb.co/sqcKx3Q/perstv2.jpg
View Quote

Yes, I emailed scalarworks about a leaf for the perst3 but they couldn't do much due to covid.

3d printed?
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Update from BPT for those waiting on lasers:

"I have worked it out with zenitco to get a duplicate shipment sent. it went out on the 20th, this is its latest update:

September 30, 2020, 10:13 pm
Processed Through Facility
MOSKVA PCI-8 EMS, RUSSIAN FEDERATION
Your item has been processed through a facility in MOSKVA PCI-8 EMS, RUSSIAN FEDERATION on September 30, 2020 at 10:13 pm.

give me about 14-21 days to see if this package will arrive in a timely manner."

Sounds like he has 2x shipments on the way - the one that has been missing since July and this new one. Hopefully one or the other will show up soon.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:44:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Perst 3 repair

9/29

Was delivered finally. 35 days Now we see how long it takes to get the replacement.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Perst 3 repair

9/29

Was delivered finally. 35 days Now we see how long it takes to get the replacement.
View Quote

Would you buy one again? If I had mawl money I'd go that route. But reading through this thread to decide on the Perst.
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 2:54:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Would you buy one again? If I had mawl money I'd go that route. But reading through this thread to decide on the Perst.
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/zxt1uja.jpg
View Quote

I did mine on my front porch with the tool and a flathead, went outside and pointed at the treeline, came in the house and adjusted, back outside, back inside; about 20 times til I had the illuminator on top of the laser.  Unfocused the illuminator and the laser was perfectly centered.
Link Posted: 10/4/2020 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#25]
This is what I ended up going with. Midwest Industries. Offset is pretty much perfect.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/4/2020 6:05:15 PM EDT
[#26]

ooooooh that fit is slick :)
Link Posted: 10/5/2020 7:30:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File

Modbutton with Lightwing works perfectly around the Perst-3. Build is nearly complete, just waiting on a BCM VFG.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/516873/20201005_180305_jpg-1621776.JPG

Modbutton with Lightwing works perfectly around the Perst-3. Build is nearly complete, just waiting on a BCM VFG.
View Quote

Very clean looking man. I'm going to setup my 11.5" in a similar fashion.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#29]
I've been thinking about buying a Perst 3 for some time but pulled the trigger on a spontaneous Perst 4M green

Wow this is bright! Really bright even on low.  Im not sure Im going to keep this .  Does anyone know if the Perst 3 green is this bright?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 7:30:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about buying a Perst 3 for some time but pulled the trigger on a spontaneous Perst 4M green

Wow this is bright! Really bright even on low.  Im not sure Im going to keep this .  Does anyone know if the Perst 3 green is this bright?
View Quote

IR?
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 8:50:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

IR?
View Quote

The visible green is super bright even on low. I wish it went lower. I turned down the IR and it's good now. This is my first laser so im still learning.
Link Posted: 10/6/2020 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The visible green is super bright even on low. I wish it went lower. I turned down the IR and it's good now. This is my first laser so im still learning.
View Quote

If you can turn the IR down to the point you don't have any or much bloom that's great. The vis being bright is what really makes it usable in the daytime. The red is only usable at dusk/dawn.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 2:27:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Not actually true in regards to the red. The lasers are brighter all around. I have a PERST-3 with red laser and I had no problem making out the laser at even 50 yards mid-afternoon in August. This was against a target board, but even so. It's just flat out more powerful than the old PEQ-15 laser.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone had both?  Green and Red?

And what do you prefer? Thinking of ordering a 3 in the next day or two.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Not actually true in regards to the red. The lasers are brighter all around. I have a PERST-3 with red laser and I had no problem making out the laser at even 50 yards mid-afternoon in August. This was against a target board, but even so. It's just flat out more powerful than the old PEQ-15 laser.
View Quote

The green+ is quite a bit more powerful than the red and is easier to see than the red.

I guess on a darker background you could pic up the red better. The red laser on my white steel is very difficult to impossible to see with sun light on target unless you have magnification.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 3:44:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

IMO it comes down to saving a few hundred dollars(red)or wanting a more usable vis laser(green)
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:02:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

IMO it comes down to saving a few hundred dollars(red)or wanting a more usable vis laser(green)
View Quote

Thanks man.

Care more about the IR stuff, so that makes it easy.

Going to get a red ordered.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Thanks man.

Care more about the IR stuff, so that makes it easy.

Going to get a red ordered.
View Quote

The other argument is since you may have a long wait to get it just get green. I don't use the vis after I'm zeroed in though.
Link Posted: 10/7/2020 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a green and red Perst 4. I would spend the extra $50 for the green just because it was easier to zero outdoors.  If you have an indoor range to zero, or plan to zero at dusk, get the red.

Link Posted: 10/7/2020 10:48:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Since May, but I'll also wait one more month...
View Quote

Still waiting for my parts as well.  

EDIT:
Just saw the post about a second order inbound.
Link Posted: 10/8/2020 9:53:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Has anyone ordered from Ivan Tactical lately? If so, what was your wait time? I ordered a Klesh 2IKS+Laser a little over 2 weeks ago. Paid for expedited shipping. They claimed 7-14 days. But it looks like it is still in Russia. It was released by customs then sat for 6 days with no update, then updated again 6 days ago with note Your item has been processed through a facility in MOSKVA PCI 7. Then nothing. I will probably send them an email if there is no update tomorrow. Seems to be a waste of money to pay for expedited shipping.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Has anyone ordered from Ivan Tactical lately? If so, what was your wait time? I ordered a Klesh 2IKS+Laser a little over 2 weeks ago. Paid for expedited shipping. They claimed 7-14 days. But it looks like it is still in Russia. It was released by customs then sat for 6 days with no update, then updated again 6 days ago with note Your item has been processed through a facility in MOSKVA PCI 7. Then nothing. I will probably send them an email if there is no update tomorrow. Seems to be a waste of money to pay for expedited shipping.
View Quote

Ordered a Perst 3 last month. 8 days from order to delivery with the expedited shipping. Maybe I just got lucky?
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 9:09:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Tried to place on order through Ivan.

Keeps saying "Error has Occurred" when I try to pay via google pay. Anyone else have this problem? Or did you pay via direct CC?
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:15:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ordered a Perst 3 last month. 8 days from order to delivery with the expedited shipping. Maybe I just got lucky?
View Quote

You must have. I sent an email today. He replied that mine was still in Russia due to covid delays and lack of air freight. So looks like just luck of the draw.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:18:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Tried to place on order through Ivan.

Keeps saying "Error has Occurred" when I try to pay via google pay. Anyone else have this problem? Or did you pay via direct CC?
View Quote

I was getting the same error message. Tried with credit card, debit card and google pay. I sent them a message about it and they replied they would check with thier bank. I just kept trying every day for a few days and it finally went through with credit card.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:51:45 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:39:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Ivan was OOS on the Perst4 green+ so I ordered from ZenitCo on ebay.
Expected delivery----Thu, Oct 29 - Fri, Dec 04
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 12:46:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a red perst 4 and buddy has perst 3 green +
the red is useless in the daytime. literally useless. works well at night without nods.
the perst 3+ is very bright, even in daylight. IR both have identical lasers.

the perst 4M has twice the output of the green + its a monster.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Ordered a Perst 4 from Ivan on the 16th of September. Got it delivered on the 8th. Really happy with the service.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but one thing I have to comment about the unit is the range of adjustability is impressive. My first Perst went on a slim AR rail so it wasn't far from my bore and didn't need much adjustment. This new one I put on the side rail of an AK  and when I went to converge the laser with my red dot, let's just say I had serious doubt it would adjust as far as I needed.

Short story shorter: dials in beautifully and works perfect.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#50]
It only took 20 days to get here. I'm good with that. Might order another.

Attachment Attached File

Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top