Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2022 6:34:40 PM EDT
I'm making a permanent move from FL to KY with a SBR and cans on a trust.

Do I just do the form 20 for the SBR lower?

Do I need to have my trust redone or anything weird before I add another SBR to the trust after the move?

A few of the cans are on the trust with the SBR lower and more recently bought cans are on silencer shop single shot trusts.

After the move I plan on adding more SBR lowers to the existing trust and to continue doing single shot trusts for cans in the future.

Thank you for the help.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Legally you're only required to send the form for the SBR, but I would do the 5320.20 for all the NFA items since it's a permanent move.  It keeps their record updated and it helps prevent headaches if you even plan to sell/transfer the items in the future, which as you said you plan to do apparently moving them to your other trust.

You'll have to do a separate form for each trust/entity as well.

As for updating anything on the trust document itself, that can depend trust to trust.  If the trust lists some address as an identifier for you or others listed in the trust, you might want to type up an amendment clarifying that you moved to the new address.  Also check to make sure that the language of the trust is valid in your new state, some states have unique laws about trusts in general.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Legally you're only required to send the form for the SBR, but I would do the 5320.20 for all the NFA items since it's a permanent move.  It keeps their record updated and it helps prevent headaches if you even plan to sell/transfer the items in the future, which as you said you plan to do apparently moving them to your other trust.

You'll have to do a separate form for each trust/entity as well.

As for updating anything on the trust document itself, that can depend trust to trust.  If the trust lists some address as an identifier for you or others listed in the trust, you might want to type up an amendment clarifying that you moved to the new address.  Also check to make sure that the language of the trust is valid in your new state, some states have unique laws about trusts in general.
View Quote

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't plan on moving anything from one trust to another or ever selling any NFA items.

I plan on keeping my original trust with the sbr and cans then doing more form1 sbr lowers on that trust.

I also plan on doing more silencer shop single shot trusts for form4 cans I buy in the future and keeping my current single shot trust form4 cans on their trusts.

Sorry if I'm confusing in the wording.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't plan on moving anything from one trust to another or ever selling any NFA items.

I plan on keeping my original trust with the sbr and cans then doing more form1 sbr lowers on that trust.

I also plan on doing more silencer shop single shot trusts for form4 cans I buy in the future and keeping my current single shot trust form4 cans on their trusts.

Sorry if I'm confusing in the wording.
View Quote
Ah, no worries, I totally read through that wrong the first time.

Link Posted: 9/22/2022 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I did some more research online and reading of my trusts. Looks like I should have my original trust amended and/or restated and possibly merged with the silencer shop trusts then have one trust uploaded to silencershop to use in the future for cans and SBRs.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:58:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:29:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If the trust names are different, you will need to submit a form 4 for each NFA firearm moving into the new trust.
View Quote

It's best to just keep the old stuff in the old trust and add new stuff to the new trust.

Otherwise as stated it's a Form 4 and $200 to transfer them to the new trust.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

It's best to just keep the old stuff in the old trust and add new stuff to the new trust.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If the trust names are different, you will need to submit a form 4 for each NFA firearm moving into the new trust.

Thanks for clearing that up guys. Thats what I thought but got confused reading a silencer shop single shot trust.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top