Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2020 11:53:14 AM EDT
Question, I recently submitted my application for a Type 07 FFL, I also currently have an ongoing SSBI for my day job.  Has anyone ever experienced any issues with regards to that?  Reason I ask is I have been delayed on a regular Title I 4473 purchase in the past during an SSBI re-investigation.  

Thanks in advance,
Zach
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Zero impact, unless you are a commie spy.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Zero impact, unless you are a commie spy.
View Quote

Good to know, and they don't pay well enough, not a fan of Vodka.
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 5:23:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Question, I recently submitted my application for a Type 07 FFL, I also currently have an ongoing SSBI for my day job.  Has anyone ever experienced any issues with regards to that?  Reason I ask is I have been delayed on a regular Title I 4473 purchase in the past during an SSBI re-investigation.  

Thanks in advance,
Zach
View Quote

The two are unconnected.
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Wives tales.
I have bought firearms while being investigated.  My boss for another job would get letters to attest to my continued employment.  Which was
strange at first.  The initial background investigation spooked people I used for references.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 10:40:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wives tales.
I have bought firearms while being investigated.  My boss for another job would get letters to attest to my continued employment.  Which was
strange at first.  The initial background investigation spooked people I used for references.  
View Quote
The background checks for SBI are very thorough, especially if one is applying for a TS-SBI.

That being said, it should not effect things for the OP.
Link Posted: 9/10/2020 8:03:27 AM EDT
[#6]
My TS investigation had no effect on my FFL.  My neighbors did all call me though.  "OMG some guy came by the house asking about  you.  Is everything ok?"
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Well just got the phone call, my interview is scheduled for Wednesday at 1PM my time, via Skype.  Any tips for a first timer?
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well just got the phone call, my interview is scheduled for Wednesday at 1PM my time, via Skype.  Any tips for a first timer?
View Quote

Like a PG, relax and tell the truth.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#9]
The interview went extremely well, was about 2 hours in length, all through skype, was told I should have my license within a month!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top