Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2022 10:57:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/7/2022 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
You don't need that Y-adaptor.  The dual leads on your headset are intended to run to separate PTTs for using 2 radios, with the receives split to each ear.  If you only have one radio, just plug one downlead into ta PTT and bundle up and secure the other downlead out of the way.

As for a cost effective PTT, this will do the job: https://www.disco32.com/collections/push-to-talks/products/nexus-u94-a-for-motorola-xts-radios

Link Posted: 7/7/2022 11:26:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 12:15:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Excellent.  Thank you. Will I be able to hear traffic over both ear pieces or or just the side I plug into?
View Quote
Just the side you plug in, without spending the coin for the Y-adaptor.

Which is fine IMO, it's not a stereo audio signal, so nothing is really gained porting it to both ears.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:06:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:29:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Amplified are with real deal headsets like Comtacs, AMPs, etc. Anything not a Chinese knockoff.

Non-amp'd are for Chinese clones or similar.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:39:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Amplified are with real deal headsets like Comtacs, AMPs, etc. Anything not a Chinese knockoff.

Non-amp'd are for Chinese clones or similar.
View Quote
Yep this, you want the Amplified PTT with a real Comtac, it should be the one I linked to above.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thank you.

I see an amplified model and a non-amplified model. How do I know which one to go with?
View Quote

Unless you use a military radio you'll need an amplified PTT or an in-line amplifier to use with a military headset. Motorola would be a commercial radio so you'd need an amplified PTT.
You can find ''ZTAC Tactical Wiring transform adapter For Headset connect Military Headset PTT'' on Ebay for about $15. They're inline amplifiers that run between the PTT and headset cable to amplify the signal if you use a non amplified PTT, which can also be found for about $15. I use them with commercial radios and military headsets and they've worked fine for me.
Since your post was about saving money, figured this was worth mentioning.

Here's a photo of the inline amplifier on the back of a helmet.
Link Posted: 7/8/2022 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/10/2022 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I actually have an Peltor XTS 5000 PTT if you’re interested.  
Attachment Attached File

Email me and we can figure something out.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I actually have an Peltor XTS 5000 PTT if you’re interested.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/60876/DB9E4A7F-4F85-4BF0-8532-B62F6925CF0A_jpe-2447851.JPG
Email me and we can figure something out.
View Quote

What I'd really like to know is what radios this fits into?

Have 2 sets of Comtacs and now seeking to add a radio (or two) but I'm not proficient on which PTTs fit which radios. I realize there are a ton of them to choose from but which are prevalent I should be looking at. Motorola no doubt sits at the top but what other models are you guys running?
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What I'd really like to know is what radios this fits into?

Have 2 sets of Comtacs and now seeking to add a radio (or two) but I'm not proficient on which PTTs fit which radios. I realize there are a ton of them to choose from but which are prevalent I should be looking at. Motorola no doubt sits at the top but what other models are you guys running?
View Quote
That would work with the Moto JEDI series radios (HT1000, MTSx000, etc.) and the XTS series.

Before you jump into buying used Moto radios on EBay, make sure you familiarize yourself with their programming needs.  Some XTS radios will come with "FPP" or front panel programming enabled, so you can change the programming on the fly.  However these versions will also be very expensive for a used/hacked radio.  The cheaper ones will require proprietary software and a PC to run it, which isn't free-ware so you're either buying it from Motorola or getting it on the "grey" market elsewhere.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:51:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 5:58:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Most of my friends are running the motorola XTS5000. Its inexpensive has plenty of accessories and is encryptable if needed.
View Quote

Thanks man. Appreciate it for my list. Listen, I know many here Kerk out over Chinesium gear but was told by a few the Baofeng is another.
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/11/2022 10:26:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thanks man. Appreciate it for my list. Listen, I know many here Kerk out over Chinesium gear but was told by a few the Baofeng is another.
View Quote

Look where the PTT mounts and if it has a way to secure the PTT connector. Most of the baofeng connectors have no securement, so they will come undone.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 9:50:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 5:57:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone using a Yaesu FT65 with Comtacs?  

Struggling to find a connector that works with the FT65

Funny thing…easier to find a ptt module for the Baofeng than the Yaesu
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:04:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Anyone using a Yaesu FT65 with Comtacs?  

Struggling to find a connector that works with the FT65

Funny thing easier to find a ptt module for the Baofeng than the Yaesu
View Quote
The FT-65 uses an accessory connector called the Motorola M1 style, it's common on Moto's older consumer and lower end commercial HTs.

Disco32 also makes a PTT with that connector.  https://www.disco32.com/collections/push-to-talks/products/u-94-a-motorola-2-pin-1
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 6:22:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top