Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/20/2024 3:29:26 PM EDT
Hey yall,
  My apologies if there is a thread covering this already, but was hoping for some members with actual experience with these products before I shell out money for one. To boot, there isn't much info out there about them. The products in question are all PVS31 battery packs. Additionally, I run a set of DTNVS with L3 WP tubes. I'm looking for the ability to run AA's instead of an onboard CR123. I'm looking at the FMA clones, The argus USBP, and of course a legit, if i can find an affordable one, L3 unit. It's just a piece of plastic that holds 4 AA's and so the cost of an L3 seems ridiculous. I don't care that much about the strobe function, albeit it would be nice in certain situations. From my understanding the FMA unit uses LED's for strobe. I've emailed Argus with some questions, but they're still chinese. I'm also not convinced the argus isn't an FMA with a fischer cable instead of an anvis. My main concern is not emitting any additional light signature unless I want to via activating the strobes. Any experience would be great. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 3:53:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 5:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Having used all of the remote packs on the market over time (at least that I'm aware of), the PVS-31 pack is a solid choice and relatively rugged if that's what you choose. I do like the built-in strobes and have used them for night time IFF though not often. The strobe is easy to switch on and off and won't come on unless you want it to.

You can find a legit L3 PVS-31 pack on eBay for around 400 and get a genuine or knockoff cable depending on what you need for around 50-80 more depending on connector.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 308centerfire:
Hey yall,
  My apologies if there is a thread covering this already, but was hoping for some members with actual experience with these products before I shell out money for one. To boot, there isn't much info out there about them. The products in question are all PVS31 battery packs. Additionally, I run a set of DTNVS with L3 WP tubes. I'm looking for the ability to run AA's instead of an onboard CR123. I'm looking at the FMA clones, The argus USBP, and of course a legit, if i can find an affordable one, L3 unit. It's just a piece of plastic that holds 4 AA's and so the cost of an L3 seems ridiculous. I don't care that much about the strobe function, albeit it would be nice in certain situations. From my understanding the FMA unit uses LED's for strobe. I've emailed Argus with some questions, but they're still chinese. I'm also not convinced the argus isn't an FMA with a fischer cable instead of an anvis. My main concern is not emitting any additional light signature unless I want to via activating the strobes. Any experience would be great. Thanks guys.
View Quote

They're nearly identical, but they are different. You can see differences in the molds if you compare them.

The FMA PVS-31 pack at ~$100 is the best deal. This is ultimately a piece of plastic that holds AA batteries. $400 is an absurd price. The FMA pack, even as the cheapest option, has an O-ring for water resistance and strobes.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 7:28:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I love the AB LPBP GO. Very nice pack. Thanks again Will
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:40:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Entirely fair - I've never experienced that, but I also keep the strobe in a pouch instead of exposed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top