Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2019 1:35:25 PM EDT
Are there any that will let me keep my BUIS installed?

I run a T2 on my go-to rifle. During the day I have a magnifier in a FTS mount and a QD. It would be cool to throw my spare 14 on there with 3x magnifier, but I don’t want to have to remove my rear iron sight. Any way to do this?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#1]
The USGI one works with both the army issued Matech, and the KAC BUIS. You might have to play with where your optic and BUIS are mounted, but it works fine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#2]
This is what I use with twist mount

Tnvc
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is what I use with twist mount

Tnvc
View Quote
Twist mount?

Can you fit a magnifier on the front of your 14?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Twist mount?

Can you fit a magnifier on the front of your 14?
View Quote
I don't have one , so I can't say yes or no

But I do know with that twist mount... I can have it on my helmet, and within seconds have it on my rifle

I usually use it with a red dot and the PVS 14 behind it
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#5]
FYI I have mentioned this already in two other threads, but I recently placed a PVS14 with a 3 magnifier behind a T-1 and it could not even be used. I subsequently learned from people here that the Aimpoints have a lens coating that makes it unworkable with the 3x lens. It is fine without the 3X lens but I found it useless without the magnification.

In a last ditch effort to make a compact NV system I picked up an Eotech EXPS3-0 and coupled it with the PVS14 and 3X magnifier. While the picture was great my Eotech showed the center dot to be a reverse comma. This issue does not really allow for accurate aiming. At this time I am not sure if it is my eyesight causing this reverse comma or the Eotech itself. With regards to the mount for the 14 I went with a LaRue flip to the side mount which I really like, but when used with the 3X it does not really leave a lot of room to fit a BUIS if you want proper eye relief with the 14.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I think your eyes are fine...Known EO slight issue that has been reported a few years ago with this "reverse comma" on some you are seeing with the 3x mag.
View Quote
You had recently mentioned the Eotech issue to me in one of the other threads but thereafter I found out that I have a slight eye issue. Naturally I wanted to rule my eyes out as a cause before I pitch a bitch to Eotech.  
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:27:51 PM EDT
[#8]
One way to test your astigmatism is to look through the sight that looks funny, and rotate the sight  as you look through it.

If the abberations stay oriented the same way as you rotate, it's your eyes. If the abberations rotate with the optic, it's distortion within the optic.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top