Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2021 2:30:23 PM EDT
Is the wide handguard worth the extra 7oz of weight. I have one on my PTR-91, but dont shoot it as much as my 32.

the slim handguard (with heat shield) gets really hot after just 2 magazines. is the heat dissipation of the wide guard worth the extra weight?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:06:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:18:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Well,

You have both at hand, there is only one way to find out if it's a good solution for your 32.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Its not so much the extra weight, its the extra cost these days.   The 91 length wide handguards are damn near unpossible to get these days.  I had a bid on one on gunbroker recently and that bad boy ended up getting sold for Buy-it-now for over $600.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Its not so much the extra weight, its the extra cost these days.   The 91 length wide handguards are damn near unpossible to get these days.  I had a bid on one on gunbroker recently and that bad boy ended up getting sold for Buy-it-now for over $600.
View Quote

I have a wide HG on my PTR-91 and am thinking about putting it on my 32 as I shoot it more than the 91 and putting the HG from my 32 on my 91 (It has a shield in it as it is not the oem HG)

@giantpune
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 9:37:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I prefer it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top