Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2018 8:08:07 AM EDT
Who else is stoked about palmetto state making a mp5? I'm selling my PSA AR9 this weekend to help withh a move. I was planning to rebut one but now I'll just wait for the psa5.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I am! I won't buy a first generation but will get one in the 800 or so area. I liked those stupid action movies where they always have an MP5, so I always wanted one. not worth the 2k premium to me though. Also, my local range only allows pistols but not PCCs, even if the barrels are the same length. So an MP5 pistol with brace would be something I can shoot locally.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 9:53:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Find a new range bruh...and while your at it start a local social media campaign to boycott them until they change that stupid rule. 9mm is 9mm i don't care if it's from a 3inch barrel or a 16inch.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#3]
If they do not suck, and are at the sub-$1,000 price point, I am going to fo hard.

My MKEs and POF are going to be super jealous.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:52:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Got to play with one at SHOT, hopefully the production guns are better than what was shown.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:32:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Got to play with one at SHOT, hopefully the production guns are better than what was shown.
View Quote
That does not sound encouraging
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:41:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Why would anyone with a POF or a Zenith want one of PSA's MP5s?   I am not getting excited until they give us specifics.   I want to know more about quality of the parts used, what finish they are using (real H&K like Zenith or paint/bluing), is it proprietary in any way and fit all factory MP5 parts and accessories, etc.

Basically it is all hype at this point and almost NO specifics on how it is made or how it shoots.   No video reviews, nothing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why would anyone with a POF or a Zenith want one of PSA's MP5s?   I am not getting excited until they give us specifics.   I want to know more about quality of the parts used, what finish they are using (real H&K like Zenith or paint/bluing), is it proprietary in any way and fit all factory MP5 parts and accessories, etc.

Basically it is all hype at this point and almost NO specifics on how it is made or how it shoots.   No video reviews, nothing.
View Quote
Nobody who spent 1800 on a zenith would want one.  However people who don't have a zenith would probably like to spend 900 on a PSA
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I will FO Hard AF
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
If they do turn out to be better than what was shown, I will probably pick up a K variant, I want a K, but not enough to spend 1500 on one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If they do turn out to be better than what was shown, I will probably pick up a K variant, I want a K, but not enough to spend 1500 on one.
View Quote
After stamp and stock your in 2k, or more. I hope PSA knocks this out of the park.
If they do it right, it is literally like printing $
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd be absolutely overjoyed to get a functioning, reliable, mp5 clone for 800-900.

It would be the first non-bullpup I've bought in about 2 years
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:38:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Who else is stoked about palmetto state making a mp5? I'm selling my PSA AR9 this weekend to help withh a move. I was planning to rebut one but now I'll just wait for the psa5.
View Quote
You do realize the release date is scheduled for Q4/2018 to Q1/2019 right?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 1:45:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd be absolutely overjoyed to get a functioning, reliable, mp5 clone for 800-900.

View Quote
Do you have the Tavor 9mm?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 3:10:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Nobody who spent 1800 on a zenith would want one.  However people who don't have a zenith would probably like to spend 900 on a PSA
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I spent $1600 on my Zenith but I am looking forward to the PSA MP5s.  Reason for me is different configurations.  I would like a reverse stretch as it offers new stock/brace options but I am unwilling to spend $1600 again to get one, while I would be willing to spend $800-1K.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#15]
More options is great, but IMHO they will be likely $1K, so if you're in the market, just spend another 300 for an established worked out brand.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Sucks it's not going for sale until 2019

I predict a price of $1300

Hell, a kel tec rfb is like $1200 msrp and that's just plastic junk.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
This sounds like an impending dumpster fire.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't. (just the 556) But it's sounding like I won't be, either.

Not when I could have an mp5 for a few bucks more.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:54:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That it does not.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Details?

They do have some time before they're released, so that may be a very early example. Manufactures usually make several variations before they're released, so I hope that's the case. If it's at or under a grand, I'll be picking one up without a doubt.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 10:18:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Details?

They do have some time before they're released, so that may be a very early example. Manufactures usually make several variations before they're released, so I hope that's the case. If it's at or under a grand, I'll be picking one up without a doubt.
View Quote
A guy reported a cracked carrier and incorrect trunnion.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I am! I won't buy a first generation but will get one in the 800 or so area. I liked those stupid action movies where they always have an MP5, so I always wanted one. not worth the 2k premium to me though. Also, my local range only allows pistols but not PCCs, even if the barrels are the same length. So an MP5 pistol with brace would be something I can shoot locally.
View Quote
God it would be great if I could buy a nice MP5 for $800
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:27:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details?

Which is probably why they aren't looking at going into production until next year.  That gives them time to iron out issues.

Depending on the final details I am a buyer in 2021 at $800-$1k.  After seeing their other first offerings come up with growing pains I will let others be the guinea pigs.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Details?

Do you mean they brought a broken out of spec. gun to SHOT? If that's the case that doesn't foretell of great things to come.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:50:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Which is probably why they aren't looking at going into production until next year.  That gives them time to iron out issues.

Depending on the final details I am a buyer in 2021 at $800-$1k.  After seeing their other first offerings come up with growing pains I will let others be the guinea pigs.
View Quote
Sub $1k I'm in as well.  Over $1k, I'll just go for a used Zenith.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 7:07:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Needs to been on par with whats out there and be about 800$.
Link Posted: 2/1/2018 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Would H&k get off their ass anD tool up in America for the 94 variants please?  They’re handguns are down more than a third, which is fantastic!
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 11:30:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Anybody buy those few that went on sale during shot? I'm interested if the b&t pistol brace works on it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 2:59:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anybody buy those few that went on sale during shot? I'm interested if the b&t pistol brace works on it.
View Quote
None were offered for sale yet, even the display models they brought to SHOT were of questionable quality and were not yet ready for sale to the public.  I doubt we will see them offered before next SHOT.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 3:49:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
I try to not think of things I could have purchased in the early 90s and the price.   "I'll pick one up later" was not a good strategy!
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I try to not think of things I could have purchased in the early 90s and the price.   "I'll pick one up later" was not a good strategy!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember one at the gunshow, asking price $900.  At that point in my life it might as well been $1 million but I wanted it bad.
Link Posted: 2/6/2018 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I remember one at the gunshow, asking price $900.  At that point in my life it might as well been $1 million but I wanted it bad.
View Quote
That's what my parents say when I ask them about why they didn't buy central FL land for $500 a Acre when I was a kid and now it's 50k-250k depending on location. They said 500 might as well been 55 million cause they didn't have it either way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top