Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2021 8:26:34 PM EDT
I sold a AR-10 on Gun Broker. Turns out the buyer is in zip 60439 which is in Cook County. I thought AR's were verboten in Cook County but after contacting his FFL, who is a preferred dealer for Ship My Gun he said the guy is good to go. Is this correct? Ship it and let the FFL deal with it? Any backlash I could be looking at? I looked up his license and he is legit. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#1]
It's ultimately the end buyer's problem if it cannot be transferred to him. I'm not personally familiar with cook county IL laws, but perhaps the FFL is going to modify it if needed to be compliant with local laws?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#2]
That zip leads yo Lemont Il, which it says is in  Cook,  Will, and DuPage counties. Only Cook has ban laws.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top