Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2018 10:07:16 AM EDT
Bringing back the archived subject of PC shoulder strap extensions.

Archived link

@DerMann Did you ever reach out to Velocity and get a solve for their 2” straps?

Just as the archived thread I have the issue of a thick chest and large frame. Fitting most PC’s require going beyond the max adjustment of the shoulder straps, sometimes using only an inch or so of Velcro contact. Recently I got a minimalist and even at the max both the front and back plates sit way to high.

Anybody do any custom web gear work willing to make some custom 1.5”and 2” straps?

Will post up picks after my shift.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm in Davenport this week visiting family.  If you are close I would be willing to take a look at it and see if it is something I can help with.  I have done some mods for local LEOs and some friends back in Tennessee, what you are asking for should be pretty easy.  i have webbing and velcro already if you don't mind coyote.  BTW I will be in Dubuque Sat. If you are around that area.

Todd
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:29:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Forgot I started this thread, thanks for the reply and offer.

But I actually talked with Velocity and they had me send in my PC and are lengthening the shoulder straps 3-4” at no charge. She said they get lots of requests for similar and just found it simpler to modify for proper fit rather then piece together things.

For the minimalist which I only use to carry 20lbs of steel for workouts, I just cannibalized an old sling and made my own.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Good deal, glad you got it sorted out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top