Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2024 11:20:08 AM EDT
Found this brand while watching some air gunning videos. Never seen them prior to that.

Anyone here have any experience with them?

Would be for lite duty pest control. Airgun, 22LR maybe 556.

PARD Optics website.

Digital Night Vision Scope (NV008) with Laser range finder for $700  
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 2:47:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Average technology, the Arken Zulus has new generation sensor.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 11:42:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe they are prc built. I researched them a while back when i saw one at a local scheels. Found their headquarters address was in Hong Kong, so good luck getting warrenty work done.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:55:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nocturnalkiwi:
Average technology, the Arken Zulus has new generation sensor.
View Quote

Do you have any time behind the Zulus ? I've seen a few videos pop up on YT, mostly from the UK and I was curious how it performed. Specifically on a 556 gun. Seems to be a bit limited to around 150m
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 12:11:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: defenderhome] [#4]
I purchased a PARD TA32-25 thermal monocular last year to use as a scanner.  I have been very impressed with the quality and features. No other product I could find at the time had the specs anywhere close for the price.  The things I was looking for:

Small size
384 Minimum sensor
Non-proprietary replaceable batteries
Recording features
Good display
Waterproof

It has more features than I need or will use.  I paid about $1600 last year and it has dropped a couple hundred since then.  

My thermal scope is an IRAY RL42 384 and the quality of the image is certainly better, the price was more than double.

My understanding is that it, like many thermals, are made in China but PARD USA services/ warrants them CONUS. I don't have proof-just what I was told.

Just my 2 cents and sample size of one but I would buy again without hesitation.

ETA:  When I purchased this from B&H, they included an AGM TM-160 thermal scanner for free.
Link Posted: 3/24/2024 7:44:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Both are crap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top