Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2022 12:47:04 AM EDT
I am aware of several available options I could buy, but I already have a few Magpul & CQD single point slings and was wondering if anyone has come up with a well-working DIY rear sling attachment solution using the tiny, thin slot in the bottom of the butt.

I searched online and in this forum before posting, but didn’t find anything useful. I tried using a Velcro strap with a single chain link or a very heavy key ring that I could attach a CQD clip or Magpul Paraclip to, but the Velcro slides. The tiny slot in the butt stock seems too thin to do anything useful with para cord and other than using a couple of nylon zip ties in conjunction with a heavy duty key ring, I’m wondering what other DIY solutions may be out there.

The premade solutions on the market aren’t all that expensive, that’s not the point, I just figured this is probably a pretty common issue and somebody’s bound to have come up with some decent DIY options.

If anyone has come up with anything good and could post some photos, I’d appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I can tell you what not to buy, an airsoft rear attachment, removed enough aluminum to build a Piper Cub.Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 7:43:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping someone here would have some creative ideas, but alas, nothin’ but crickets.

Well, looks like I came up with a solid solution. Going through my parts bin I found a few thick, heavy duty grommeted Velcro straps and was able to fashion a very solid harness with a para cord loop intersecting the grommets on both straps. Works perfectly with a single point sling.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:35:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 8:50:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Love my sling. Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top