Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2024 8:40:16 AM EDT
Greetings,
Looking for some discreetish outdoor cameras for the house I rent.  Cant be anything super expensive.  I only need 2 cameras.  Anything good on amazon?
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm using Wyze. No issues.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 9:35:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discreet?

Do you want discreet because of your house style or because you want to catch rather than deter?

Cameras don't usually deter motivated criminals.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:26:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Exactly, I feel that if they are not discreet they will be targeted.  I need to catch   not deter.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:36:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kraquine] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CaliberClark:
Exactly, I feel that if they are not discreet they will be targeted.  I need to catch   not deter.
View Quote

They make vandal proof cameras. Also placement is a factor. Fortunately I live next door to my rental so just have a couple cameras on my property pointed at the rental.

I had a burglar once who came right up and looked at the camera. Maybe the LED caught his eye. He didn't bother it and proceeded to remove several power tools from my garage. The video was used to convict him.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

They make vandal proof cameras. Also placement is a factor. Fortunately I live next door to my rental so just have a couple cameras on my property pointed at the rental.

I had a burglar once who came right up and looked at the camera. Maybe the LED caught his eye. He didn't bother it and proceeded to remove several power tools from my garage. The video was used to convict him.
View Quote

Thats what Im going for......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top