Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2021 7:01:13 AM EDT
Ok Gents,

I have a Osprey .45 that I purchased via trust a while ago. At the time I also purchased other pistons for .40 and .9mm.

I have yet to use it on 9 and 40 cal.

In process  of a sbr in 9mm build. Is a dedicated 9mm suppressor worth it? Or should I just use the Osprey 45 with 9mm poston.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:40:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish I'd gotten an Osprey 45 instead of an Osprey 9, for exactly the same scenario.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I wish I'd gotten an Osprey 45 instead of an Osprey 9, for exactly the same scenario.
View Quote

I had the option of buying both at dealer cost and only bought the Osprey 9.

I was dumb.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the 45 and it works great on 9mm. Even ran it on an M11/nine.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:01:39 AM EDT
[#4]
You want to use the fixed barrel spacer instead of the spring on piston for a rifle.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:03:24 AM EDT
[#5]
You will need a fixed barrel spacer. I suggest Hansohn brothers. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#6]
It will still work great. Go ahead and shoot it. I’ve got an Osprey 45 and have only ever shot 9mm through it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Buy a 9mm can.

I use my Osprey 45 for pistols only.

I bought a Griffin Revolution 45 can for my GHM45 since it's 3-lug and the Osprey can't do 3-lug and I bought a YHM N2O for my GHM9.

Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:25:04 AM EDT
[#8]
The SBR is going to be a stribog. Using a Haga defense acr adapter with ACR stock.

Being I have not run the Osprey 45 on a 9mm was not sure how effective it would be.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:33:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Octane 45K on a 7" 9mm, it's a lot better than no suppressor.

I have Omega 9K and YHM R9 on other PCC.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 10:48:34 AM EDT
[#10]
The only issue with the osprey series is the lack of mounting options. You are restricted to threaded only, which is kind of a bummer considering the QD options out there. I have an Osprey 9 and I ended up getting a couple Omega K cans when i started getting more PCCs.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:08:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I don’t have the funds for a dozen different pistols/PCC with different mounting options. So for me the Osprey 45 makes sense. But like others have stated you will need a fixed barre spacer for PCC’s.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The only issue with the osprey series is the lack of mounting options. You are restricted to threaded only, which is kind of a bummer considering the QD options out there. I have an Osprey 9 and I ended up getting a couple Omega K cans when i started getting more PCCs.
View Quote

Same here. Skipped it in favor of the Octane series (which are old-but-good cans in my book) since those have ASR mounts available.

The truth is, I pretty much never use my pistol cans on pistols. If I want to screw around with a suppressed 9mm pistol, I've got my Maxim 9, and other than the garbage trigger, it'll keep up with my shooting needs.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 2:43:48 PM EDT
[#13]
One nice thing about the Osprey, it is easy to see if it starts to unthread.  Plenty of round cans get the front cap strike because people forget to check tightness mag after mag until loosening where thread allowances let the can droop.  On the Osprey its easier to spot a little rotation/can backing off.  They sound pretty good after first round and have a nice tone.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Has anyone tried the griffin quick disconnect pistons on the osprey?
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 7:29:35 PM EDT
[#15]
There is a little difference between using a 9mm can and the Osprey 45. I’ve done it several times in the same host. Me and my brother have USP9SD’s. But it’s not very large.

I have seen someone post a picture of a Griffin QD mount and the Osprey, if I come across it again, I will post it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried the griffin quick disconnect pistons on the osprey?
View Quote

I have as well as some other members here.  They work great!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top