Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2018 1:44:27 PM EDT
i want to order an ACR but I want to make sure and get the newer model with lightweight barrel and 1/7 twist etc. Is there a specific model number or something I should look for to make sure I get the newest version with all the upgrades? I know it’s been said on this forum that they all come that way now but I want to make sure I’m not buying something a vendor has had in their warehouse for a while.
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The Coyote ACR I ordered from Buds a few weeks ago is the new version. From what I can gather the part numbers are the same. You just have to hope, or call and confirm. I'll trade you for your Bren 2
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#2]
No way! Nobody’s getting my Bren 2
I looked at Buds and they are still listing it as 1/9 like everyone else. I guess they’re too lazy to update the info on their site
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
didnt know they were still making ACRs
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i want to order an ACR but I want to make sure and get the newer model with lightweight barrel and 1/7 twist etc. Is there a specific model number or something I should look for to make sure I get the newest version with all the upgrades? I know it’s been said on this forum that they all come that way now but I want to make sure I’m not buying something a vendor has had in their warehouse for a while.
Thanks
View Quote

First off, you only have to worry about this if you're getting a 16" 5.56 ACR. The 10.5" and 14.5" 5.56 barrels have only ever been the 1/7 twist thin profile (the 18.5" DMR of course is a heavy profile barrel). The 16" barrels have been in three iterations; the original 1/9 twist with M4 profile, then 1/7 twist but still with M4 profile, and finally the current 1/7 twist with a thinner profile. At this point, I don't think you need to worry about getting an older version of the barrel on a new gun; it's been almost three years since they made the changes. It would be very unlikely that a distributor would still have old stock. There is no specific model or SKU; these never changed, they just made in line changes to production of existing SKUs.

Edit: Just saw your post in the Midwest handguard thread; if you're getting a 14.5", you don't need to worry at all.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
didnt know they were still making ACRs
View Quote
Why do people keep saying this?! The ACR has never gone out of production and sells quite well.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No way! Nobody’s getting my Bren 2
I looked at Buds and they are still listing it as 1/9 like everyone else. I guess they’re too lazy to update the info on their site
View Quote
Yes, any retailer still saying it has a 1/9 twist barrel is just not updating their product listings. Hell, even Bushmaster themselves don't have accurate pictures on their website of the current production ACRs. That assumes it's a listing for a new ACR of course, not a used one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:41:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info. You mentioned the 14.5 barrels. Are they selling rifles with a pinned 14.5” barrel? That would be my first choice since I planned to have that done anyway so it would save me the hassle. Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:29:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Unfortunately no, Bushmaster doesn't sell 14.5" barrels or complete rifles pinned from the factory. You'll have to get a gunsmith to do it for you. I had Dana Beck (bigdog200399 on this forum and the ACR forum) pin and weld mine. He's the go-to for pretty much everything ACR.
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I would probably try a new version ACR again...always liked the design of it...but couldn't stand the barrel profile.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top