Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2021 1:40:57 PM EDT
I'm in the process of finishing up a 16" AR9 build. I will be running BUIS as well as some sort of optic. Would like something prismatic or etched due to astigmatism issues. Optic does not need to be high end so I would like to keep it under $150 if possible. Also curious to see what others are running on their builds. Any info or suggestions is greatly appreciated...Andy
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I highly recommend Primary Arms prism scopes. I love the ACSS reticle and the 2.5x unit.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 2:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never put a magnified optic on any of my 9mms PCCs.
Just used Irons or maybe Primary Arms Red Dot...
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Might want to take a look at "See-All" sights as well. I use a Primary Arms MD-06 RDS on my AR 9, and have a minor amount of astigmatism (less than 0.50D). Its not much of a problem for me. At the distances I'm using the gun for its just not an issue. Gallon paint cans are easy targets.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Wolverine CSR, is a righteous PCC optic.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I highly recommend Primary Arms prism scopes. I love the ACSS reticle and the 2.5x unit.
View Quote

Agreed. Big fan of Primary Arms, both their products and their superior customer service.

Astigmatism here too, yet most of my builds have red dots. It isn't too bad of a sun burst for 50 yards or less.

Recently SBR''d my Scorpion EVO3 and after installing a stock and forward hand grip, I wanted a good, etched 1X scope. The PA, Cyclops prism scope with ACSS reticle is perfect.  

They are soon coming out with one ballistically designed for 9mm PCC's.  I didn't worry too much about that as nearly all my 9mm reloads are subsonic anyway.

Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Primary Arms red dot on one and cheap copy of those little Colt AR scopes on the other one.  The scope is mounted to the carry handle on that one.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to all thus far for the input.  Been looking an Monstrum prism's as well.  I wish the Vortex spitfire 1x DRT prisms would drop a bit.  I have one of these on a 5.56 and it's great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top