[#1]
What did you order ?
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I would have to look back but I believe it was an OPS-Core Fast SF Helmet (they have a lot of different versions and I get them confused).
View Quote

I've waited 15 weeks of a quoted 16 week lead time and got the same email. FAST SF Ballistic. Not thrilled, but I did purchase at a significant discount.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I emailed Crye about a JPC 2.0 medium, multicam, that they said

Greetings,

Currently, the JPC 2.0 MultiCam Medium is currently not in stock. At the moment, we don’t have lead time on this item. I apologize for the inconvenience.

So I guess this could mean a month to a year, not sure.
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 4:27:28 PM EDT
[#5]
After I ordered a SF helmet from ops core, I finally had the courage to order my first NFA item. I figured if I could wait almost 6 months for that, I could do the same for a supressor
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered a FAST SF from them on 2/19 so I'm in the same boat. I noticed the other day that they extended the lead time on their website to 24 weeks.

I get it but at the same time it's been over a year and other companies (like Hesco) have started to recover. This is what happens when you don't have a resilient supply chain.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Midwest armor said 4 weeks wait for my order back in October.
Still waiting.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 10:02:25 AM EDT
[#8]
CMMG and Ops-Core here - at least both those companies don't charge until shipped. I think covid is the catch-all excuse these days - prostitutes were declared "essential businesses", these guys weren't? And it's supposed to be 'merican made, right? - so no overseas (China) shipping delays, etc... Maybe all the new shooters were buying radial delayed bolts and FAST helmets
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered a FAST XP helmet cover from them on Black Friday 2019 (50% off a semi-unobtanium item) and it didn't arrive until mid-June. You gonna wait.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Cancelled my order today. Even with a 20% discount, it's not worth the 24 week lead-time (16 week lead when I ordered).

Own the Night has a few in stock at 8% below MAP. They don't charge sales tax like Ops-Core does so price-wise it's a wash.

I don't think ordering direct makes sense unless you have a 50% coupon and are willing to wait 6 months.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If I could find one within a hundred bucks of the ops core deal I would buy. That one on OTN seems likes its priced quite a bit more. I am willing to wait.
View Quote

$140 more to skip the 6 month line is worth it to me. YMMV
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:27:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:34:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:00:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well, I randomly got an email 5 days ago stating the helmet was awaiting shipping. Today I get an email saying that the helmet is out for delivery. It did show up. I need to play around with the padding and get it set up correctly. It sucks it took this long BUT at least I have it for my class.
View Quote

Just so I can make sure I’m following you, eight weeks in on your helmet lead time, Ops Core said 21 more weeks. 45 days past that notification, you got your helmet. So roughly 9.5 weeks from time of order?

I just placed an order two days ago for the Fast SF Super High Cut Carbon helmet and the site said 16 weeks. I’m in no hurry. Ordering a PVS-14 next week and that has a 20-24 week lead time.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:50:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:20:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I really lucked out and got one from Own the Night 3weeks ago in multicam! Only one he had left!
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#18]
My Ops adore FAST LE took about 16 weeks from January. It’s a very nice helmet.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 3:27:56 PM EDT
[#19]
My FAST helmet took about 3 months 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:57:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Just went to order one from OTN and they charge a minimum of $41 to ship it. No thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 7:12:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Just went to order one from OTN and they charge a minimum of $41 to ship it. No thanks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Woah! Find someone else

I meant to post an update in this thread... My first experience with Own the Night was pretty bad and I will not be ordering from them again.

OTN still had 3 Ranger Green XL lids in stock when I ordered on 3/29. Price was $1720 (no tax + free shipping). I received order notification and confirmation emails after checking out. The next day I was surpised to find a PayPal invoice for $25 and a note that said "Shipping for order #-----------. Thank you for your business."

At this point I was starting to get pissed but it was still better than waiting 24 weeks so I rolled with it. Shipping was free when I went through check out. Several days passed and I emailed them on 4/2 asking for an ETA for shipping. No response. Another week went by so I started looking through my order confirmation emails and checking their website for a shipping policy. According to their website, "If your order was placed on a Saturday, Sunday, or holiday, we will process your order on the next business day. Most orders are shipped within 48 hours Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm EST."

10 days passed with zero communication from OTN. On 4/8 I decided to send another email. This time I attached the ITAR form (found on their website) and asked if that was holding up my order. Note that their policy on the website, during checkout, and in the order confirmation email states "Customers are not required to submit additional documentation unless we request it. If needed you will be contacted within 24 hours of placing your order." I was never contacted by OTN to provide this information nor have I ever been asked to provide an "ITAR acknowledge form" in the last 5+ years buying armor or ballistic helmets. The industry I work in is heavily involved in import/export so I am familiar with ITAR, EAR, etc.

On 4/10 I received an email from OTN owner Larry stating "Your helmet will ship on Monday.  Have a nice weekend"   However they did not actually ship until Tues 4/13 and finally received it 4/15, 17 days from placing my order. Maybe I'm being hard on OTN but charging for shipping after the fact is shady AF and likely violates PayPal's ToS. Their communication and CS is non-existent. They were able to update a "current stock" note on their website every few days so I knew someone was working. I guess it's too much to ask that they respond to email.

TL;DR – While far from the worst experience I've had, OTN will never receive my business again. Their are plenty of other companies I would rather give my money to.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 9:33:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I ordered a set of amps with all accessories on March 9th, still waiting.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 1:40:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I ordered a set of amps with all accessories on March 9th, still waiting.
View Quote

Any updates?
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Any updates?
View Quote

it arrived on 5/21
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Any updates?
View Quote

My March AMPs came in about 2 weeks ago. They should have arrived with the end of May shipment, but I guess I was toward the bottom and didn't make the cut off (got a shipped notification, but it got rescinded).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top