Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2017 5:15:35 PM EDT
M11 w/Lage Upper

Looking to take the plunge on my first full auto. I really like this platform with the Lage goodies, though it looks like the upper is an older version. Any glaring issues anyone sees here?

Thanks in advance, hope to learn more about these while I'm impatiently waiting.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#1]
The older Lage upper us heavier. The MK-2 upper is milled aluminum, which is noticeably lighter, but heats up really fast. I've still got the old one and I'm happy enough with it that I haven't considered upgrading to the new one.

I've seen used original uppers sell for $600-ish, and without looking I think the folder is around $200. So you're looking more like $8100 for the gun and a few converted Madsen mags. Not a bargin, but not terrible, I guess.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 7:05:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The older Lage upper us heavier. The MK-2 upper is milled aluminum, which is noticeably lighter, but heats up really fast. I've still got the old one and I'm happy enough with it that I haven't considered upgrading to the new one.

I've seen used original uppers sell for $600-ish, and without looking I think the folder is around $200. So you're looking more like $8100 for the gun and a few converted Madsen mags. Not a bargin, but not terrible, I guess.
View Quote
Thank you for that. The amount of info on these is overwhelming honestly. I've felt this feeling before, when I first started collecting stamps, lol. I'm going to FO anyway, may consider adding a different upper when I finally get it but I'll give this one a go first as is.
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
You'll want all those lage parts eventually, grip, trigger, safety, etc. so probably not bad, but the new uppers are nicer, especially the k, but you'll be able to sell the parts you don't want pretty easily. Loved my older lage upper, but the mk2 k is way cooler.

eta: best thing is that you can just play around with it until you find where it is good for you, buy and sell used parts and it doesn't break the bank. Mine right now

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/28/2017 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You'll want all those lage parts eventually, grip, trigger, safety, etc. so probably not bad, but the new uppers are nicer, especially the k, but you'll be able to sell the parts you don't want pretty easily. Loved my older lage upper, but the mk2 k is way cooler.
View Quote
Yep. Already looking at the one that takes drum mags.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 1:18:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I would highly recommend going with the newer aluminum uppers. I have the Max-11k on my M11 and its great, really takes it into the 21st century.

Also the price seems really high, shouldn't have to pay much more than $7k for one if you look around, I got mine for a lot less than that just a few months ago.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got an original Lage upper. Had it over 10 years. It's been GREAT.

It's a tad heavier, but it has the advantage of also being STEEL. While lightweight is nice and all, this is not a "defensive" gun or something that you hump around for any length of time. First and foremost, transferables are collection/investment pieces and their purpose is a fun-gun or competition gun at most... steel is durable and easily repairable should something go amiss. In fact, weight helps it to swing well and smooth out recoil nicely. IMO, the best feature of the Mk2 is the non-reciprocating bolt handle and the K's shorter length.

So while the MKII offers some refinement and better looks... don't feel at all bad about purchasing an original Max-11 upper, either.

This price you posted you posted look high. You should look for the best DEAL on a regular transferable gun as possible  (M11A1, M11/9, or M10) and then put yourself on the list for a new Lage upper of your choice when you submit the Form4 paperwork... the upper will probably arrive before the forms are approved. The Lage goodies should be <$1k so don't eel like you have to get everything in one big package deal. And you are no longer bound by the native caliber of the MAC you buy. In Hindsight, had I known about Lage upgrades before buying a MAC, I would've bought a M11A1 (.380acp) instead of my M11/9 because they allow the smallest possible setups. But I'm happy with my M-11/9 nonetheless.
Link Posted: 11/5/2017 2:46:16 AM EDT
[#7]
seems high but the stock market moving over 23k seems to have really loosened the purse strings lately as prices seem definitely higher than a couple months ago.
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Well it's a done deal, had it transferred to a local class three where I shoot often so I'll get to play with it while the paperwork clears.

Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it!
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:26:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Congrats the m11 is awesome.  That was my first mg.  Save up for a lage mfg upper, lage .22 conversion, mags and ammo.  I shoot my m11 in .22 a lot its fun!
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 12:34:49 AM EDT
[#10]
My first machine gun was an M11 also. Hell I bought one right after lage came out with the upper that comes with your gun.
Now I have several Macs and a pile of lage uppers. Just stockpile one 9mm, and don’t worry about what you paid, when the transfer is complete they will be selling for more than you paid.
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My first machine gun was an M11 also. Hell I bought one right after lage came out with the upper that comes with your gun.
Now I have several Macs and a pile of lage uppers. Just stockpile one 9mm, and don’t worry about what you paid, when the transfer is complete they will be selling for more than you paid.
View Quote
Mines already worth more than I paid and I still haven't got the tax stamp back lol
Link Posted: 11/9/2017 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, already on the wait list for the MK31 Mk2. Drums are all cleaned up and ready to load and dump. Wish I could find a few of those coffin mags to go with it, but damn those suckers are higher than giraffe pussy. Drums it is for now.
Link Posted: 11/12/2017 12:08:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Yep, already on the wait list for the MK31 Mk2. Drums are all cleaned up and ready to load and dump. Wish I could find a few of those coffin mags to go with it, but damn those suckers are higher than giraffe pussy. Drums it is for now.
View Quote
Get some of the Shockwave mags

Shockwave Mags
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top