Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2020 4:07:42 PM EDT
Anyone have any input?

I currently have a Mystic X and find it obnoxiously long.

Just picked up a Mod9sk this week as a night stand / real world use option.

I am looking for people's experience with the Obsidian 45 in k config vs other things (I can't afford a wolfman and an Obsidian 45) that are 9mm specific.

I need a 45 can, as I have none.

I'm trying to decide between -
F1 45 can (quietbore) and something else specific for 9mm pcc use, maybe a rex sentillium

Obsidian 45 for 45 handgun and 9mm pcc use.

Thoughts? Does the 9mm end cap make any difference on the Obsidian 45?

I figure we're screwed in VA next year (awb attack again and they have a year to plan) so I want to get stuff in the queue by spring.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I used my Obsidian 45 on my 9mm PPCs, and thought it was great.  Only used it in the long configuration, though.  Although I bought the 9mm endcap, ended up not using it as I was more worried about forgetting to swap out the endcaps than I was saving a decibel or two.  Now, I have a Wolfman for my 9mm PCCs, and the Obsidian 45 lives on my LWRC SMG-45.  Honestly, if the Wolfman hadn’t come out, I’d probably still be using the Obsidian 45 for all.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:32:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used my Obsidian 45 on my 9mm PPCs, and thought it was great.  Only used it in the long configuration, though.  Although I bought the 9mm endcap, ended up not using it as I was more worried about forgetting to swap out the endcaps than I was saving a decibel or two.  Now, I have a Wolfman for my 9mm PCCs, and the Obsidian 45 lives on my LWRC SMG-45.  Honestly, if the Wolfman hadn’t come out, I’d probably still be using the Obsidian 45 for all.
View Quote
How is the wolfman vs the O-45 on the PCC?

I simply can't afford both. Hell I probably can't realy afford the wolfman. It's kind of expensive vs the other options. I mean the mod9 is great and what, half?
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 9:47:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How is the wolfman vs the O-45 on the PCC?

I simply can't afford both. Hell I probably can't realy afford the wolfman. It's kind of expensive vs the other options. I mean the mod9 is great and what, half?
View Quote
The Wolfman is a little better, but the Obsidian is pretty good.  If you need .45 caliber, or want to use it on a pistol, the Obsidian is a better choice.  I don’t think you’d go wrong with either.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:23:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My Obsidian 45 practically lives on my Scorpion Evo in short configuration these days, it works really well, I can't tell any difference going to long.  I just use the .45 endcap, the 9mm one doesn't provide enough benefit for me to bother with it.  I also use a fixed barrel adapter rather than a direct thread mount, to cut down on the amount of fouling that gets into the piston cage area if I decide to move it back to a pistol.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Same here, Obsidian 45 is dedicated to my SBR'd Scorpion.  I have an Osprey for my handguns.

I love it.  Short or long, I can't tell any different with my 147gr reloads.  I'm more than happy with the Obsidian.  It gets ran HARD, the Scorpion is popular when I take other people with me, especially outdoors.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 6:19:10 PM EDT
[#6]
My Evo has a ilwt 3 lug. So do both my mp5s

I'm. Starting to think this may be the can I need for 45 and pcc.

Like what would be better on a pcc?

I was looking at a rex for pcc , but I worry about not being able to clean it.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Obsidian 9 and a form 1 45 can?

Or Obsidian 45 for both?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top