Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2021 6:17:03 AM EDT
I'm trying to figure out if the functional differences between the OTAL-C and the DBAL-A3 justify the cost difference for me. Do people who have the DBAL-A3 think that the visible/IR slaved lasers are a good thing? Do you find that it makes things easier/quicker/more intuitive for zeroing the laser? As an adjunct to that and applicable regardless of the unit, do you generally mount the laser and then never unmount it and hence really only need to zero once? Or do you remove and remount frequently, and if so are they holding zero or are you having to re-zero? If the former, is there some recommended mount (kind of like the LaRue mounts for RDS/Scopes) that gives you a quick release and guarantees a return to zero?
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 7:05:26 AM EDT
[#1]
The OTAL-C is just the IR laser. The DBAL-A3 is the IR laser, IR illuminator, and visible laser. 3 functions vs 1. That’s why it cost more.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 8:15:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 2:33:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! Just trying to figure out if I should "cheap out" since I'd like to equipment multiple rifles. Or get the more full featured option, but not be able to outfit all the rifles at once, and thus be at risk over time of not having the same thing on each one or not following through down the line and not buying entirely. It's all a tradeoff I know.

So, based on the response though I'm guessing that once you mount the unit, regardless of what you choose, you just leave it on full time unlike your NV device which you would take off and store during the day normally.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:00:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top