Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/25/2023 6:50:40 PM EDT
Outdoor Research is having a sale on their Pro (tactical) gloves

Styles and sizes are limited, but discounts are up to 80%.

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/us/professional-sale
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks!
I'm trying out the Overlord gloves.
Worth a shot for $34 shipped.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Overlords are sold out in M & L
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 1:31:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! I got a set of Overlord XL because the L are nice but way too tight….
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Good kit.  Suggest using OR's specific method of measuring your hands.  If at borderline, go next size up.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:30:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. I needed a new pair of thin gloves
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:14:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Having both my hands and feet frostbitten at an early age, I find it very advantageous to wear some thin gloves inside my "Monster Mitts".  I use the "Monster Mitts" to shovel snow, often with freezing rain added to make things more miserable.

Such thin inner gloves add insulation and allow some moisture-wicking.  If thin enough, such inner gloves don't usually detract from dexterity.

"Over-White" shells are stupid cheap, if you need them.

Flame-resistant gloves with compatibility to touch screens are suggested.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 7:46:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up a set of the suppressor gloves… seems like they’d be handy to keep in the range bag.
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 9:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Your welcome.

I've used both their Suppressor and Overload styles, as well as several warmer varieties. At these discounts, I'm going to use a few pairs of Suppressor gloves as light duty work gloves, in addition to their tactical use.

I do wish the Overloads had been available in my size.
Link Posted: 5/27/2023 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, great sale. Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#11]
OR Poseidon Gloves are made of Magic - GoreTex, thin enough for weapons, warm enough to wear in the 20's (lowest I've tested).
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:11:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 10:49:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Love me some Poseidons!!!

Having gotten hypothermia a couple times in the field when I was young, I tend to overdo ECW gear choices. Never regretted that.
View Quote

The Price on eBay blew me away - I think it was the best deal I've ever seen, on anything, in my life.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:27:09 AM EDT
[#14]
IIRC, certain individuals, based on their occupation, can apply for "membership" in the OR "Pro" program, and may receive discounts.

Unknown if such discounts apply to "Sale/Clearance" items from OR.  I expect they will tell you.

Suggest investigating.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
IIRC, certain individuals, based on their occupation, can apply for "membership" in the OR "Pro" program, and may receive discounts.

Unknown if such discounts apply to "Sale/Clearance" items from OR.  I expect they will tell you.

Suggest investigating.
View Quote

Their Pro deals are very good. They used to be even better.

I have a shit ton of OR gear. lol
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:32:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Nuts

I wear l-xl exam gloves but medium mechanix. I got mediums. Bad choice.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I use Outdoor Research for all my gloves. IMHO they are the "glove masters" in the tactical industry.

I like them as a company too, they make good outdoor wear and so far (knock on wood) they haven't gone off the deep end and joined the woke corporate movement. Pretty sad, when we have to be happy about a company just sticking to making a good product and not getting political, but here we are in 2023.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Nuts

I wear l-xl exam gloves but medium mechanix. I got mediums. Bad choice.
View Quote
Yeah, it pays to use OR's sizing method and their sizing chart before buying gloves.  I never had a fitment problem with OR gloves when doing so and going "up" a size when near the "border" between sizes.

Gloves a tinch too big are useable, but gloves too small are a non-starter.  Same as footwear, and most clothes.

You should have no problem selling your gloves in the EE once the sale is done.  Require the buyer to use OR's sizing method.

Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:44:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Bloody well fantastic, OP.

Picked up  a pair of Suppressors and mitten overwhites. Thank you!
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 10:58:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Picked up a couple more water bottle parkas as well as a hat.

Thanks OP!!!!
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the link.

Ordered a pair of suppressors gloves!
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same. No idea what I’m going to do with the overwrites.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Just locally purchased some very thin woven syn fiber gloves intended to be used inside gloves/mittens which will allow them.  Both for added insulation, and perhaps some hand sweat mitigation.

I was frostbitten in both hands and feet long ago, and the injury to hands and feet is present today; they tell me that such cold-weather injuries can be cumulative.

Being able to add thin inserts into existing gloves/mittens is beneficial to me.  Perhaps you as well.

Learn from my mistakes.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Same. No idea what I'm going to do with the overwrites.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. No idea what I'm going to do with the overwrites.
A while back, I read of the exploits of a person (I believe Col Jeff Cooper) who was engaged in training some mil type folks.  He was "Scouting" the enemy forces and while they were reasonably well camouflaged, he noticed that the lighter palms of their hands were easily observable.  Hands are often moved, especially amongst troops who are less than perfectly disciplined to avoid any and all unnecessary movement.

Reading this made me re-think the tactical utility of gloves.  Your mitten over whites may be useful someday.  The price for OR overwhites is stupid cheap, currently.

I posted a thread on my revisiting all my "Overwhite" garments.  Probably in TacGear Forum here and likely in Archives by now.

Long story short, the NYCO blend items were much lighter, and absorbed less water.  Cotton items were heavier, and absorbed loads of water.  Both items best treated with suitable water repellant chems, the two different fabrics needing different chems for optimal performance.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 10:47:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A while back, I read of the exploits of a person (I believe Col Jeff Cooper) who was engaged in training some mil type folks.  He was "Scouting" the enemy forces and while they were reasonably well camouflaged, he noticed that the lighter palms of their hands were easily observable.  Hands are often moved, especially amongst troops who are less than perfectly disciplined to avoid any and all unnecessary movement.

Reading this made me re-think the tactical utility of gloves.  Your mitten over whites may be useful someday.  The price for OR overwhites is stupid cheap, currently.

I posted a thread on my revisiting all my "Overwhite" garments.  Probably in TacGear Forum here and likely in Archives by now.

Long story short, the NYCO blend items were much lighter, and absorbed less water.  Cotton items were heavier, and absorbed loads of water.  Both items best treated with suitable water repellant chems, the two different fabrics needing different chems for optimal performance.
View Quote

Gloves are such a simple and (usually) cheap fix for many issues encountered in the field- camouflage, protection against abrasion, insulation, and sun protection. Human hands are very recognizable in just about any position.

The overwhites were cheap, weigh next to nothing, and I can use them with any of the gloves I currently own. I have a snow camo poncho on the way because why not.
Top Top