User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2024 8:22:24 PM EDT
These still unobtainium?

Link Posted: 2/1/2024 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, just get a Stribog.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:13:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BIGSHOOTER414] [#2]
Ouch. They are very attractive, but no slappy slap.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:25:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vonbongo] [#3]
MP5/10 kit.

Might be a little pricey
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 1:30:42 AM EDT
[#5]
My understanding is the Omega as an active HK Clone "brand" is long gone.

For the most part today 40 and 10 builds are pretty much either a proposition to wade into the pre-owned market on Gunbroker or buy the parts and commission a custom build from either a flat or via graft.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I saw the other day Black Ops Defense was offering 10mm builds. Price was $4800 IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 7:30:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vonbongo] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mak0:
I saw the other day Black Ops Defense was offering 10mm builds. Price was $4800 IIRC.
View Quote

Good catch if you want one that’s probably as cheap as it gets.  I had one built 10-15 years ago and I think parts plus labor was around $3,500

A couple years ago new mags were available all over the place as well.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 2:49:04 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want to save some money, there weren't much for 10mm clone builds, but there were quite a few  .40 S&W clones. It is my understanding that there are a couple of smiths that can reem the chamber from  .40 S&W to 10mm. The only difference is the depth of the chamber. Pistol caliber doesn't "need" the chamber fluting, so they will function. Or buy a  .40 S&W build and have the barrel swapped. Good luck with the project.

Scott
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By canon3825:
If you want to save some money, there weren't much for 10mm clone builds, but there were quite a few  .40 S&W clones. It is my understanding that there are a couple of smiths that can reem the chamber from  .40 S&W to 10mm. The only difference is the depth of the chamber. Pistol caliber doesn't "need" the chamber fluting, so they will function. Or buy a  .40 S&W build and have the barrel swapped. Good luck with the project.

Scott
View Quote

I can confirm that this works.

My personal MP5/10 was built from an HK SP5 and a German demilled MP5/40 kit.  I had Ralph Smith Jr. ream the 40 barrel to 10mm and it functions 100%.   However its not exactly the same as a true 10mm spec barrel as noted the flutes in the chamber when you ream a 40SW barrel to 10mm no longer extend to the end of the chamber like they do in a non-reamed barrel.

I had a friend with another 40 reamed to 10mm barrel based build (40 kit grafted to an LCS 9mm flat) and he had issues with the neck of the brass becoming split.  He reloaded so it was an irritation for him.  Ironically my gun doesnt split brass necks at all and I don't reload so even if it did its wouldn't really matter to me.

I just guess than when you ream a barrel chamber that way the results can be a bit unpredictable.   However, this will save you a boatload of money over a factory German 10mm barrel.   Unfortunately there is no readily available B&T 10mm barrel equivalent like there is for the 9mm but RCM does make a decent barrel in 10mm as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 10:59:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Dakota Tactical built mine with various parts from a German demilled MP5/40 kit, Otte 10mm barrel and 40 cal. flat.

The only thing I'm not wild about is the welded optics rail, otherwise it is a beautiful gun.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By akethan:
One sold on the EE last week for $6k.  He sold it too cheap.

View Quote

Honestly I should have put it on GB.  It went to someone who was super excited to get it vs me who put it in a closet and almost forgot I owned it.    I did use it to help me build my own though.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By kells81:

Honestly I should have put it on GB.  It went to someone who was super excited to get it vs me who put it in a closet and almost forgot I owned it.    I did use it to help me build my own though.
View Quote

Was that your gun? Nice looking, was it built on a flat? If so, who made the flat?

I’ve been wanting to do a 10mm build, but the only flat I could find was from HKparts and I think it’s a Special Weapons flat which is a hard no for me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:17:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: kells81] [#13]
Originally Posted By HKocher:

Was that your gun? Nice looking, was it built on a flat? If so, who made the flat?

I’ve been wanting to do a 10mm build, but the only flat I could find was from HKparts and I think it’s a Special Weapons flat which is a hard no for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HKocher:
Originally Posted By kells81:

It looked like the builder used a front end that had the magwell and bolt catch assembly still in tact and fused them to a 9mm style setup.    

My build I have a HK Parts setup but didn't like the fact that it was missing the flats on the top and I got lucky to score a Vector receiver that I did the build on.   Its currently in a drawer somewhere that needs a couple bits fixed.  

Here are the kits that Ralph Jr uses,   the magwel is for sure grafted.  

Link Posted: 2/5/2024 8:59:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jbntex] [#14]
Ralph Smith Jr, will either graft a MP5/40 or MP5/10 kit to an SP5 or an LSC.PTR 9mm  flat.  I have one off an SP5 and a friend with one off a LSC/PTR 9mm flat.

I am not sure if RSJ will do a build with a SW / HKParts MP5/40/10 flat,  however I do know that Jeff at PCS will (reluctantly) as I have a friend with one of Jeff's builds.  You will also have to provide a set of new BHO tubes to Jeff as well, in the event  they damaged in the demill process or you are building from just a set of misc. parts.   I ended up having to make the raw BHO tubes in my workshop for my friend to send to Jeff to finish his MP5/40 SW/HKparts flat based build.   I will say that guns runs great.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top