Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2020 11:23:28 PM EDT
Customer ordered something from ummm a manufacturer, an FFL Controlled item.

Let’s call it an expensive peice of metal worth about $1500 each and he ordered 2 of them.

He did check with me prior to ordering to make sure I would accept and perform the FFL Transfer In Service for him. Considering there’s always many who do not... so I always get some random package here and there. But I have ones with relationships Which is OK with me because I’m “On-File/Preferred” with those Online Retailers. I’ve done business with Them etc so my FFL shows up when customers order from these online retailers.

Idk why I even threw that out there. Anyways Customer orders from manufacturer some receivers. 2 of them for total of $3000. Like I said he checked with me and I said “ no problem! “

2 days later I get said pos...I mean receivers in and promptly notify said dumbass customer.

Appt Time setup for later that day at 6pm (I let him know around noon)

Cool. Easy peasy. Dunno why said dumbass customer needs “two” I was thinking he was some sort of trafficker since I’m located In one of those border states with drug cartel action. But that’s not here nor there. If I get a bad feel when person shows up, says something wrong...etc you know gut feeling. Then of course I’ll shut that shit down and Then do what’s appropriate.

Ok. So back to dumbass customer... 6pm is like 20mins away. So it was 540pm. I did reconfirm with him prior to 540pm. (540pm has some significance)

So at I think 515pm it was I reconfirmed. And good to go! Said dumbass customer was getting ready to head out and would be there at said 6pm appt time.

Ok.....540pm

Customer sends an EMAIL to me which says...

“I’m sorry I have to change my options. I can’t afford these I have to return them. I spoke to the manufacturer and they said they would take them back. I’ll pay for the return shipping and whatever extra fees for you to do that”

So I’m like wtf? Umm ok. I told dumbass that I gotta check with the manufacturer they will take it back since like almost every single dealer/manufacturer whatever won’t take shit back since I had already logged them in my book Becuz fucktard was coming in like 15mins or so I thought.

Anyways... I confirmed with manufacturer that they will indeed take them back.

Fucktard is seriously a fuckin asshole fuck face. Who does shit like that? If your rich and shit cool.

But this dumbfuck spent $3000 literally before the weekend and after the weekend you “change your options”  huh?

Also by all means, from what I gathered from his email address (professional) and did some googling. He isn’t some youngster. He’s actually in his like early 40s

Anyways.  I’m SORRY For making this shit so huge. But our wonderful Gov just announced Curfew for whole state. 10pm - 5am. So I thot I’d fuckin ramble a bit.

In this situation what would you do? I’m mainly interested in what you would charge. Not really the amounts but what services you would charge him for.

So...I was thinking

1 - Shipping fees whatever + handling ($15)
2 - FFL Transfer Fees
3 - Credit Card Fee if he pays with that.

I was talking to a few people and they were telling me I should hit him With a double set of Transfer Fees. Pretty much because of the Acquisition  and also fees for Disposition

This is the first time believe it or not I’ve had to actually deal with a situation like this. One prior situation I just bought the gun off the guy. This is not something I’d want to buy honestly (maybe if he sold it like $3-400 cheaper each)

What would you guys charge besides the shipping fees?

1 - Transfer fee?
And/Or
2 - Transfer fee both ways?
And/Or
3 - Flat fee ?
And/Or
4 - Return Shipping Only
And/or
5 - Fuckin punch him in the head and/or nuts

Or combination of the above?

Again sorry for long ass post. But fuck man CoronaVirus is out there!
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:31:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I would charge him whatever I was gonna charge him for the transfer plus what I would charge him to ship both items back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Shitty situation...

You need to setup a "Return Transfer Policy"

Cost of transfers that you lost plus cost of shipping + some kind of service charge.

Off topic....

When did AZ go under curfew?  wtf?  I haven't heard yet.  Just googled and didn't see anything about it.  I prefer not to turn on the TV.
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 11:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Agreed price on transfers + return shipping.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:09:05 AM EDT
[#4]
What did I just read?

A whole lot of rambling that should have taken 10 words to say the same thing.

Charge him a transfer fee as agreed, and the return shipping.

MOST importantly take a chill pill and unbunch your undies man
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:33:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Charge him the transfer fee, and a fee to box the items back and send them off.

It’s not out of line, and easy to do.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I would charge absolutely nothing and have anytime the customer refused the firearm for whatever reason.
If the gun arrived broken in half...you gonna charge the customer?
Wrong gun arrives...you gonna charge the customer?
Gun arrives but not in the condition as advertised...you gonna charge the customer?

It's a little odd to lose your shit over a  wishywashy customer.....imagine you are the seller that just refunded a $3K sale...I would charge a restocking fee for wasting my time.....but all you are doing is a transfer. At some point this customer will return and you'll make your $.

Good grief, box it up, have seller email you a return shipping label and get on with life.

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:42:40 AM EDT
[#7]
I am really curious what receiver costs $1500.....I think I need three.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 1:58:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Dude probably just got laid off b/c of the beerflu. Least he shot you straight.

Charge him what you feel is appropriate for your time and the return shipping hassle, if he pays, you're copacetic and a bit more experienced in the oddities of the business.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:19:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Some of you guys are high strung and let things get to you to much.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 9:27:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good grief, box it up, have seller email you a return shipping label and get on with life.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 12:09:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But this dumbfuck spent $3000 literally before the weekend and after the weekend you “change your options”  huh?

View Quote

Customer lost his job between when he ordered and when they came in.

I would charge him fair cost to send them back insured ($25 maybe), these are trying times right now. As Tom said see if you can get seller to issue return label.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Another drama thread from the OP.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I would charge him whatever I was gonna charge him for the transfer plus what I would charge him to ship both items back.
View Quote
This, 2 separate transactions, your fee plus shipping.

And either cash or nothing gets shipped until the check clears.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 2:30:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Another drama thread from the OP.
View Quote
I've been working from home for a week and a half plus the bitch Governor just shut down the state for another 3 weeks.

I could use a little drama to relieve the cabin fever.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 3:58:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This, 2 separate transactions, your fee plus shipping.

And either cash or nothing gets shipped until the check clears.
View Quote

Uhhh..........OP didn't perform a transaction.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 11:50:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Why would YOU have to pay for any return shipping?  Put that on the buyer and the seller to generate a "call tag" with pickup.  You already have the packaging it was shipped in, so reuse it, slap the call tag on it and you're only out some tape and a small amount of time.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 6:54:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What did I just read?

A whole lot of rambling that should have taken 10 words to say the same thing.

View Quote

Sounds like it was written by a teenager.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:46:49 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Customer ordered something from ummm a manufacturer, an FFL Controlled item.

Let’s call it an expensive peice of metal worth about $1500 each and he ordered 2 of them.

He did check with me prior to ordering to make sure I would accept and perform the FFL Transfer In Service for him. Considering there’s always many who do not... so I always get some random package here and there. But I have ones with relationships Which is OK with me because I’m “On-File/Preferred” with those Online Retailers. I’ve done business with Them etc so my FFL shows up when customers order from these online retailers.

Idk why I even threw that out there. Anyways Customer orders from manufacturer some receivers. 2 of them for total of $3000. Like I said he checked with me and I said “ no problem! “

2 days later I get said pos...I mean receivers in and promptly notify said dumbass customer.

Appt Time setup for later that day at 6pm (I let him know around noon)

Cool. Easy peasy. Dunno why said dumbass customer needs “two” I was thinking he was some sort of trafficker since I’m located In one of those border states with drug cartel action. But that’s not here nor there. If I get a bad feel when person shows up, says something wrong...etc you know gut feeling. Then of course I’ll shut that shit down and Then do what’s appropriate.

Ok. So back to dumbass customer... 6pm is like 20mins away. So it was 540pm. I did reconfirm with him prior to 540pm. (540pm has some significance)

So at I think 515pm it was I reconfirmed. And good to go! Said dumbass customer was getting ready to head out and would be there at said 6pm appt time.

Ok.....540pm

Customer sends an EMAIL to me which says...

“I’m sorry I have to change my options. I can’t afford these I have to return them. I spoke to the manufacturer and they said they would take them back. I’ll pay for the return shipping and whatever extra fees for you to do that”

So I’m like wtf? Umm ok. I told dumbass that I gotta check with the manufacturer they will take it back since like almost every single dealer/manufacturer whatever won’t take shit back since I had already logged them in my book Becuz fucktard was coming in like 15mins or so I thought.

Anyways... I confirmed with manufacturer that they will indeed take them back.

Fucktard is seriously a fuckin asshole fuck face. Who does shit like that? If your rich and shit cool.

Also by all means, from what I gathered from his email address (professional) and did some googling. He isn’t some youngster. He’s actually in his like early 40s

Anyways.  I’m SORRY For making this shit so huge. But our wonderful Gov just announced Curfew for whole state. 10pm - 5am. So I thot I’d fuckin ramble a bit.

In this situation what would you do? I’m mainly interested in what you would charge. Not really the amounts but what services you would charge him for.

So...I was thinking

1 - Shipping fees whatever + handling ($15)
2 - FFL Transfer Fees
3 - Credit Card Fee if he pays with that.

I was talking to a few people and they were telling me I should hit him With a double set of Transfer Fees. Pretty much because of the Acquisition  and also fees for Disposition

This is the first time believe it or not I’ve had to actually deal with a situation like this. One prior situation I just bought the gun off the guy. This is not something I’d want to buy honestly (maybe if he sold it like $3-400 cheaper each)

What would you guys charge besides the shipping fees?

1 - Transfer fee?
And/Or
2 - Transfer fee both ways?
And/Or
3 - Flat fee ?
And/Or
4 - Return Shipping Only
And/or
5 - Fuckin punch him in the head and/or nuts

Or combination of the above?

Again sorry for long ass post. But fuck man CoronaVirus is out there!
View Quote

Have you considered a different line of business? These situations seem to bother you often.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:55:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Not going to tell us what it was?
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:40:34 AM EDT
[#20]
M203 receiver?  Without a 40mm barrel installed they can be transferred as a title 1 firearm.  Then install a 37mm barrel or file a Form 1.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dunno why said dumbass customer needs “two” I was thinking he was some sort of trafficker since I’m located In one of those border states with drug cartel action. But that’s not here nor there. If I get a bad feel when person shows up, says something wrong...etc you know gut feeling. Then of course I’ll shut that shit down and Then do what’s appropriate.
View Quote

No shortage of dumb in your post but I found this bit the most amusing. Guy orders two guns and you're ready to report him to the ATF for trafficking before you even meet him, find a new business.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top