Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2024 11:43:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU]
Think I've narrowed it down.
10.5" 5.56, semi auto, relatively light duty.

Anyone tested both side by side?
Specs are very similar, but not everything shows up on paper.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:57:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By RDTCU:
Think I've narrowed it down.

10.5" 5.56, semi auto, relatively light duty.
Anyone tested both side by side?
View Quote

I've never shot an Ecco, but I actually shot my 10.5 5.56" last night for the first time with the Polo K.

It was awesome. Extremely surprised at the suppression compared to the size. Really love it on my SBR.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ehul0000:
I've never shot an Ecco, but I actually shot my 10.5 5.56" last night for the first time with the Polo K.
It was awesome. Extremely surprised at the suppression compared to the size. Really love it on my SBR.
View Quote

Sweet, direct thread or what mounting?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Budget Price, High End Performance: OCL Polonium K review

I really like my Polo K and think itโ€™s a great can. I have no experience with the 5X5, but I have had Ecco chop my Rex MG7K and he did great work; I have no doubt his own cans are excellent as well. Honestly, Iโ€™d probably get whatever you can find in stock right now!
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdzGB1AZrlQ

I really like my Polo K and think itโ€™s a great can. I have no experience with the 5X5, but I have had Ecco chop my Rex MG7K and he did great work; I have no doubt his own cans are excellent as well. Honestly, Iโ€™d probably get whatever you can find in stock right now!
View Quote

Both are available as of this post.
I'll share where after i pick one ๐Ÿ˜…
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:48:07 PM EDT
[#5]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdzGB1AZrlQ

CapitalArmory has the Polonium K in stock as of this post.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tranzformer:
View Quote

Hush
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:56:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Hush
View All Quotes

Hush

I ordered mine last week
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 1:57:42 PM EDT
[#8]

View Quote

Did you have to tune or make any changes to you rifle for it to function correctly with the K?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:12:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By StarCityShooter:

Did you have to tune or make any changes to you rifle for it to function correctly with the K?
View Quote

Youโ€™ll at least have to bump up your buffer weight for optimal gassing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 3:25:28 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes

Thats what Im hoping. Dont really want to tear apart my LT 12" and replace the GB and tube if I dont have to
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I haven't read anywhere the dB reduction of the Polo K.
Does anyone have reference ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Sweet, direct thread or what mounting?
View Quote

Direct thread. Didn't get it SUPER hot, but stayed nice and tight
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 8:49:12 PM EDT
[#13]

View Quote

My gun guy built my AR. I don't think he had to do much tuning.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:25:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Unfortunately, I don't have both cans to compare, but I'll just say that all of my ECCO cans (including my 5x5) are beautifully made and punch above their weight as far as performance.  I'm really happy with my 5x5.  I know that Otter Creek does great work as well and I've heard a lot of great things about the Polonium K, but there isn't anyone I'd rather buy a suppressor from than Nick and Jerrica at ECCO.   (I'd wager that you're going to be happy with whatever choice you make, frankly)
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 11:56:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Thats what Im hoping. Dont really want to tear apart my LT 12" and replace the GB and tube if I dont have to
View Quote

You wonโ€™t have to. For the K all I do is H3 buffer. The geissele super 42 h3 specifically is my favorite but if you donโ€™t want to spend for one of those a basic h3 swap works well with a springco blue
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:00:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Iโ€™m a fan of short suppressors and the Polonium  line seem to get great reviews for 5.56.

Is the K worth getting over the full size?  Itโ€™s a 1in difference.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 2:30:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By QtrHorse:
Iโ€™m a fan of short suppressors and the Polonium ย line seem to get great reviews for 5.56.

Is the K worth getting over the full size? ย Itโ€™s a 1in difference.
View Quote

No experience with the full, but I would say yes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 8:25:45 AM EDT
[#18]

No experience with the full, but I would say yes.
View Quote

Agreed. When I bought the K, I almost had some buyers remorse.

After getting and shooting the K, I have zero remorse. Love the small size and suppresses great.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 9:18:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By AndrewKing:

You wonโ€™t have to. For the K all I do is H3 buffer. The geissele super 42 h3 specifically is my favorite but if you donโ€™t want to spend for one of those a basic h3 swap works well with a springco blue
View All Quotes

Awesome

I have H3s and a bunch of Springcos in my parts fort, so I should be good to go.

Im not worried about spending the money on the Geissele, I just will not put Geissele in my LaRue rifle

I can put it in one of my Aero short builds though if needed
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 1:27:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Agreed. When I bought the K, I almost had some buyers remorse.

After getting and shooting the K, I have zero remorse. Love the small size and suppresses great.
View Quote
I have the full size Polo and wish I would have gotten the K (lighter, less back pressure).  But I don't think the K was actually out yet when I got mine.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:23:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
I have the full size Polo and wish I would have gotten the K (lighter, less back pressure). ย But I don't think the K was actually out yet when I got mine.
View Quote

Might not have been. The K came out like 6 months after the full size. Truthfully I regret not leading with the K and sometimes I regret not making the K the only version. The K gets a bad wrap just because of the back pressure from the full size when in reality the K is very pleasant.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 3:34:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#22]

Might not have been. The K came out like 6 months after the full size. Truthfully I regret not leading with the K and sometimes I regret not making the K the only version. The K gets a bad wrap just because of the back pressure from the full size when in reality the K is very pleasant.
View Quote
Well, when you say that, even though I probably should have gotten the K first, I'm actually glad I own the full size. I certainly don't want to give it up. I really just need to get the K also. After owning a bunch of 5.56 cans, I've really started to appreciate K cans in general a lot more.

The full size Polo is a really good can for a fully tuned (with an AGB) SBR AR15. Mine lives on a 12.5" midlength. I also have an 11.5 that will be getting a Riflespeed AGB that I think will pair really well with it. I think the problem is a lot of folks don't want to tune their guns with an AGB.

Have you ever considered making a Polo 30 K?

Link Posted: 4/20/2024 6:42:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nomad221] [#23]
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 12:40:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:
Well, when you say that, even though I probably should have gotten the K first, I'm actually glad I own the full size. I certainly don't want to give it up. I really just need to get the K also. After owning a bunch of 5.56 cans, I've really started to appreciate K cans in general a lot more.

The full size Polo is a really good can for a fully tuned (with an AGB) SBR AR15. Mine lives on a 12.5" midlength. I also have an 11.5 that will be getting a Riflespeed AGB that I think will pair really well with it. I think the problem is a lot of folks don't want to tune their guns with an AGB.

Have you ever considered making a Polo 30 K?

View Quote

I have a polo 30k at the shop and frankly it just sucks. The design doesnโ€™t scale well when you factor in 30 cal bore + K length. I just donโ€™t feel good putting my name on it
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:08:50 AM EDT
[#25]
I have a polo 30k at the shop and frankly it just sucks. The design doesnโ€™t scale well when you factor in 30 cal bore + K length. I just donโ€™t feel good putting my name on it
View Quote

Always good to hear from the source, thanks for the feedback
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:15:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#26]

I have a polo 30k at the shop and frankly it just sucks. The design doesn't scale well when you factor in 30 cal bore + K length. I just don't feel good putting my name on it
View Quote
I actually started a thread a while back talking about 30 cal K cans. There were quite a few comments that basically said K cans just don't work as well in 30 cal as they can in 556. It may be why the Resonator K gets such criticism.

I keep hoping someone will someday crack the code and find a magic solution, but the large bore size may just make it unworkable.

I'm stubborn, but maybe the better answer is just lighter 30 can cans instead of shorter ones.

Link Posted: 4/22/2024 1:23:38 PM EDT
[#27]
If a H3 buffer and blue spring are recommended for the K, what would that cross over to in the A5 system?  H3 is nearly identical to A5 H2 weight but not sure how that crosses over being that itโ€™s a longer system.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 11:51:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Bump for more input
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#29]
The Ecco is bored to accept 6.5 CM, the Polo is 6MM.

Not sure if that'd be a deciding factor for you down the road.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#30]
The Ecco is bored to accept 6.5 CM, the Polo is 6MM.

Not sure if that'd be a deciding factor for you down the road.
View Quote

I jump from 5.56 to 6.8 ๐Ÿ˜…
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:06:17 PM EDT
[#31]

Hush
View All Quotes

Hush

OOS now by the way.
Link Posted: 4/24/2024 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah i saw
They'll be back
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top