Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/24/2021 5:46:34 PM EDT
I know a few people have been asking about this optic. Just received it yesterday. First thermal optic I bought and I love it! Images are better than my shaky hand can justify.

Image of hot candle and cold beer on coffee table

Deer at around 100 meter showing all four modes
1. White hot

2. Black hot

3. White outline

4. Black outline

Random crane (Not a good image with digital 4x at this range)

We went to a dinosaur exhibit they had in Mega Caverns in Louisville today. Was wondering how the fake dinosaurs would show up in thermal

Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice.

Was image #1 of the deer zoomed in any?
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 5:53:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice.

Was image #1 of the deer zoomed in any?
View Quote

2X check upper left for magnification
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

2X check upper left for magnification
View Quote

Gotcha, missed that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:17:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Does the image get much clearer when you NUC it? Looks like a bunch of lines and extra noise in those shots.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does the image get much clearer when you NUC it? Looks like a bunch of lines and extra noise in those shots.
View Quote

Like I said, I am sure it is me as I am still learning how to use it
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:20:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Nuking will get rid of the lines. On yours I'm assuming the number on the screen is digital zoom so 2x is actually 4x etc?
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Nuking will get rid of the lines. On yours I'm assuming the number on the screen is digital zoom so 2x is actually 4x etc?
View Quote

Actually the digital zoom is exactly what is displayed I think. I disabled the 8X option. It might be good to detect movement but ID and engagement seem like they may be lacking. Again (and I cannot stress this enough) I am a noob to this.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:42:04 PM EDT
[#8]
What i meant was yours has a base magnification of 2x times whatever digital zoom. So when it says 2x on the screen are you not using any digital zoom and only the base 2x magnification or is it 2x digital plus the base? Judging by the image quality the pics were there's no number are base magnification only and 2x is for digital zoom thus is actually 4x (i think)
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Double tap
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 11:26:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 12:44:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the pics! Can’t wait to get mine
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 2:16:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Patiently waiting for mine.......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top