Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2021 11:22:29 AM EDT
Just a month back, my local Walmart which is huge supplier to many local hunters and outdoorsmen had lots of airgun pellets/CO2 cartridges, but now seems anything that goes with airgun shooting starting to diminish over the days and not getting restocked with supplies as they once were.

How does it look for you locally with the airgun supplies on store shelves?

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 1:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Trickle down.  Lack of real firearms/ammo, people will get "something".  Probably not a lot of slingshots/ball bearings either.  I'm sure a half-inch bearing from a wrist rocket to the daddy bags might make Mr. "defund the police" put his sign down.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
About 8 years ago everything was sold out. I started picking up pellet tins and tossing them on my shelves for later because they don’t expire. Wish I had grabbed more primers and powder.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup... way down.

Check online at Pyramyd Air, Air Guns of Arizona, and Air Gun Depot... all have very limited stock. But, you can enter an email to get notified when the stuff you want arrives. Worked for me.

ETA: at lunch today I pulled a can of wallymart .177 flatnose with points inside (destroyers?).
Shot 5 shots at 25 yards: 1.25" spread

Pulled out a can of RWS R10 match 8.2gr wadcutters
shot 5 shots at 25 yards: .5" spread

Buy online and buy the good stuff when available. Oh sure, the supermarket stuff has it's place (give to BIL when we target shoot for $5)
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty rough for .25 even online.  The field and stream here has only had .22 premiers for months. No .177 at all.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:39:53 PM EDT
[#5]
NOE makes a few moulds for pellets in various calibers.  But, casting little .177 pellets one at a time would be rather tedious.  However, as a last resort it is one way to come up with ammo.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I had preordered a bunch of H&N pellets about a month and a half ago from Pyramyd, just got notification that my order shipped.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 10:37:21 PM EDT
[#7]
So glad I bought a bunch of JSB Hades pellets at the start of the ammo panic.  I knew it would eventually hit the airgun market.  I have enough to last a long time.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 3:44:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Makes sense...ive been shooting my nitro piston .22 caliber air rifle more lately.    Plenty of power for Starlings in my yard and I can save my ammo stash for other things.
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Academy has been hit and miss with mostly Gamo plastic point crap that don’t shoot well in anything I have. But the Sig brand pellets are shooting pretty good now I wish I had picked up another tin. I don’t even go into Wallyworld junk emporium.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top