Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Site Notices
11/2/2022 4:30:06 PM
Posted: 11/24/2021 4:37:44 PM EST
I bought this used on the EE. Once the PVS is mounted, it will only stay on for about 30 seconds. No matter the orientation, it turns the device off. I don’t have a manual, so am I missing something simple? All I have done is install device and boom, off in 30 seconds, no matter what. Tried two different PVS’s too.  

For now I just switched to a Wilcox J arm I had laying around  which works with the INVG mount, but it has more slop.

I know I can put tape over the connectors but am trying to figure it out first.

Thanks
missing
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 7:24:01 PM EST
[#1]
Hmmm no takers here.  Got nothing to say other than, fuckit, tape off the contacts and drive on.  

Who knows why it does that.  Wonder if it did that to the guy who sold it to you, or was it like that from the factory.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:37:12 PM EST
[Last Edit: FoxValleyTacDriver] [#2]
I couldn't get mine to work correctly it would always intermittently shut off when I didn't want it to. I think it's a relatively common issue.

You can remove this magnet from the back of the bayonet mount.

My basic understanding is that the magnet is suppose to interfere with the circuit when flipped up, shutting the device off. I had this issue and removing it fixed it. It will no longer shutoff after doing this though when flipped up.

Attachment Attached File

I recommend getting a Norotos DDA for the INVG, because I love that mount. DDA should lock tight.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 10:52:54 PM EST
[#3]
Remove the switch. Auto off never seems to work correctly.
Link Posted: 11/29/2021 6:00:52 PM EST
[#4]
And not to bust on Norotos on this one.  The auto-off function is notoriously dysfunctional across the board on any -14 housing/system.
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:23:19 PM EST
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 1:40:14 PM EST
[#6]
Was having the same problem with my Norotos DDA+INVG with a PVS-14. Taped over the auto off contacts on the 14 housing like TNVC said above. Problem solved.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 10:13:10 PM EST
[#7]
Tape it is… or I’ll sell it. I like the QD of the Wilcox Jarm
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 4:12:48 PM EST
[#8]
I use the DDA on an INVG and just do the tape trick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top