Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2021 12:19:05 PM EDT
Trying to decide between the two.  Will be my first suppressor.  Found out Dead Air has a dealer near me.  Will be for a AR10 16"   Any recommended models would also be appreciated, thanks.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 1:44:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with a Nomad L because I don't do mag dumps, and plan on doing direct thread for a mount. If i was going to do KyMo I probably would have went with the regular Nomad due to extra length the KyMo adds. The L Ti  version wasn't out when I ordered it, but I probably wouldn't have went with it any way. I don't have any light weight builds.

The Nomad also has the ability to use other mounts later on down the road due to the some what standard 1.375-24 threads in the back of the can. If I wanted to keep it a little shorter, I would have went with the regular Nomad.

I figured might as well get the L because when you use direct thread; it is only around 1.6" longer than the Sandman S, and its a 0.5" shorter than the Sandman L.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Nomad unless you have a full auto/select fire.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I ha e both and prefer the Nomad

It sounds a bit quieter to me and is noticeably lighter
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:31:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Resonator.

Resonator + stamp = less than the price of nomad or sandman alone.

Nomad LT if you really want one, SS only has 4 left.

Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks, no mag dumps for me and this seconds most everything I've been reading.
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Nomad for sound suppression, Sandman if you're going to dump belts through an M60
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Nomad
<- Sandman S owner
Link Posted: 2/24/2021 8:22:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nomad
<- Sandman S owner
View Quote

Except I'm a Sandman K owner but I agree.  I also have the Resonator already mentioned in this thread which isn't a bad option at all if your dealer also offers YHM product. If your willing to look at other options the Vox S, Rugged Radiant, SiCo Omega 300 etc.... tons of great 30 cal options out there. Its hard to really misstep here.

If it were really just between the Nomad and Sandman S I'd go with the Nomad for several reasons.  Its lighter weight.  The option for a wide variety of mounting options  is a huge bonus.  Being a slightly larger diameter it will shine on calibers like .300 blk. It just looks bad ass

But absolutely nothing wrong with the Sandman either.  If you want to really go nuts with it that is definitely the way to roll and the key mount attachment is one of the better options out there available.  You wouldn't be disappointed with either option. Actually at the end of the day some suppressor out there on the end is better than none at all.  Don't let the analysis paralysis syndrome add to an already ridiculously long process.  The sooner you get started the sooner that stamp comes back.  Best of luck. Final thoughts, plan to pick up a rim fire can too while your at it.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:03:43 PM EDT
[#11]
The Nomad made it into my first batch (I bought three cans as my "first" lol) and part of the reason was the back end thread. As a new suppressor owner I didn't know what mount system I wanted to go with, and I wanted to be future proofed for when new mount designs do come around.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't recall seeing which model of Sandman or Nomad you're looking at. All are great, but if we're choosing between the 2 most popular. The Sandman S and Nomad 30. If you're going straight direct thread, the Nomad will be a bit lighter. But if you're gonna add the Keymo to the Nomad. The Nomad will be longer and heavier than the Sandman S.

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:23:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nomad
<- Sandman S owner
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I’ve got both and will go plus one on the Nomad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top