Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/18/2019 10:42:07 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I was on silencers shops site yesterday looking into their form 1 sbr thing where you do it all at a Kiosk but it was saying out of stock?? How can a digital product/ service be out of stock? Have they stopped doing it, because that would suck.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#1]
They stopped doing form 1’s because the ATF wasn’t accepting the way SIlencer Shop we’re submitting theirs. Silencer Shop is supposed to be redoing how they are submitting them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, been down since early Dec I think.  Waiting to do another lower so I hope they get it fixed soon.  With the shut down, it’s probably going to be a while.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:18:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Well In the next couple weeks or so I’ll be buying a CMT billet set for my first SBR. I guess if they don’t have that available by then I’ll give doing it myself a shot.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey guys,

I was on silencers shops site yesterday looking into their form 1 sbr thing where you do it all at a Kiosk but it was saying out of stock?? How can a digital product/ service be out of stock? Have they stopped doing it, because that would suck.
View Quote
I talked to one of their people when they called me today.   I was told what I'd read here.  There was a box they checked for you and ATF wants it checked by us.   Supposedly it's fixed and they had a verbal approval, but the actual approval got delayed by the shutdown.  We're stuck w/ all the F1 and F4 stuff until it comes back up.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 9:44:04 AM EDT
[#6]
At least SilencerShop is giving $75 credit for each Form 1 that has to be resubmitted.  The situation probably would have been fixed by now except for the shutdown.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
At least SilencerShop is giving $75 credit for each Form 1 that has to be resubmitted.  The situation probably would have been fixed by now except for the shutdown.
View Quote
At least they say they will.  I don’t think the $75 credits have actually gone out yet, and probably won’t until the process gets moving again.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
At least they say they will.  I don't think the $75 credits have actually gone out yet, and probably won't until the process gets moving again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least they say they will.  I don't think the $75 credits have actually gone out yet, and probably won't until the process gets moving again.
They pretty much have to at this point.  They'll get roasted if they commit to that, talk to people and promise it, then change the rules.

edited to add:   The big reason you give out a credit or gift card for something like that is to get people to come back after an issue.   They'd be fools to cancel it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2019 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#9]
My problem w/ this whole issue really hasn't been the time.  It's been the way it was handled.  They finally called me about my Form 1s I had with them on Friday.    I got the spiel that we'll get the $75 per F1 that's stuck on this and the extra swag they've come up with.    Got a brief explanation of what has happened and what we're waiting on.    (ATF didn't like one check box essentially.  They checked it for us when ATF wanted us to check it.)  That's all well and good, but waiting to hear from them was a bad move.  They have our email addresses.    They should have composed a well written email with the info so people knew exactly what was happening and that they would be calling.   I told the guy who called me that yesterday.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 9:36:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well In the next couple weeks or so I’ll be buying a CMT billet set for my first SBR. I guess if they don’t have that available by then I’ll give doing it myself a shot.
View Quote
Give it a try. It’s pretty easy. I did my own. It doesn’t take that long. I spent more time double checking it before mailing it, than I did filling it out. Download the editable pdf. And fill it out.  The local sheriffs office did my prints for free. My wife took a picture, and I printed it out on her photo printer. Even with gas, it probably cost me less than $5 and took about an hour and a half including the prints.
Link Posted: 1/20/2019 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I filed a F1 Trust through them back on Oct 30th.  I'll give them a call tomorrow, just wondering if I made it before their issue.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
When was this?
I have my f1 now. But had it sent back to me before it got approved cause silencer shop didn’t let me know that with certain lowers the atf needs the 3 letters before the serial number.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

When was this?
View Quote
It's been in some of the threads.   IMO Silencer Shop has handled this badly and I told them when they called me.  They're calling people and telling them about the delay and the credit.  I think they should have sent us all an email w/ the info and then called as necessary.  It's dragging on WAY too long with the way they handled this.
Link Posted: 1/22/2019 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It's been in some of the threads.   IMO Silencer Shop has handled this badly and I told them when they called me.  They're calling people and telling them about the delay and the credit.  I think they should have sent us all an email w/ the info and then called as necessary.  It's dragging on WAY too long with the way they handled this.
View Quote
Yeah....was pissed how they took care of me also. They told me before my shit was sent out it all looked good...but that wasn’t the case.
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 1:11:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I’ve never seen any lower that didn’t require the prefix be included. That’s not anything SS shoud’ve “let you know”.
View Quote
Exactly.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 3:49:33 PM EDT
[#17]
I have two Form-1's impacted and will have two $75 credits - I am tired of waiting and this will only mean more time - and I suppose I could use those towards another SBR - but can't buy as its still inactive. I guess we will have to wait until the shutdown ends.

Funny - I work with the FDA on medical products and they suddenly are not accepting paperwork despite having contractors that can do it (citing shutdown)- Me thinks the mid level government bureaucrats want businesses to start screaming at government to settle.  To be honest, other than these Form -1s I wasn't impacted and until the agencies started their own internal shutdowns/slowdowns, our business didn't notice either.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Is the rejected SilencerShop From 1’s the only ones or does it include the Form 4’s also?
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 9:38:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is the rejected SilencerShop From 1’s the only ones or does it include the Form 4’s also?
View Quote
The issue was specific to form 1's, form 4's are unaffected.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:05:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just Form 1s because they were eFile.  The Form 4s are still done by the old paper method and are unaffected by the issue.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 11:53:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Any updates from SS on this?
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 4:29:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Any updates from SS on this?
View Quote
I haven't heard anything. getting antsy. Part of me wants to just order a set of my fingerprints from them and do it myself :(. but that $75 gets me close enough to make it worth it to push another stamp through, and since my NFA stuff is just wants and not needs, the timeline doesn't super matter.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:06:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I haven't heard anything. getting antsy. Part of me wants to just order a set of my fingerprints from them and do it myself :(. but that $75 gets me close enough to make it worth it to push another stamp through, and since my NFA stuff is just wants and not needs, the timeline doesn't super matter.
View Quote
Their lack of transparency is killing their business.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 6:14:12 PM EDT
[#24]
The only was SS makes sense is the ease of finger prints, and the CLEO letter.

BUT, they get you for an extra $5 on the stamp to cover that.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:23:12 AM EDT
[#25]
biggest reason I bought my can through them was to make it easier when I submit a form 1...
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 11:31:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Been waiting myself

About to just buy their full blown trust

And do the Efile online on my own via the ATF website lol
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 9:51:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Been waiting myself

About to just buy their full blown trust

And do the Efile online on my own via the ATF website lol
View Quote
This is what I'm doing. Still need to go get fingerprinted at the local PD though. Sucks since I have my prints on file with SS. I wish they could allow one to download them.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:30:45 AM EDT
[#29]
I appreciated the call on my Form 1 but it’d be nice to see some updates on their website so others don’t go there scratching their heads wondering what’s up. Also a basic update for us waiting would be nice. I’ve got two that went through but another one is in limbo.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:42:25 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

This is what I'm doing. Still need to go get fingerprinted at the local PD though. Sucks since I have my prints on file with SS. I wish they could allow one to download them.
View Quote
Are you doing the Efile through the ATF eform website?

Doesn’t work well on my phone so I’m just wondering if I’m doing it right lol
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You don't need to go to the local PD. You just need a fingerprint pad and free FD-258LE cards from the ATF.f
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't need to go to the local PD. You just need a fingerprint pad and free FD-258LE cards from the ATF.f
Seems like they could make money selling a pack w/ the picture and fingerprints for people to send in on their own.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 5:02:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Seems like they could make money selling a pack w/ the picture and fingerprints for people to send in on their own.
View Quote
Screw that, the FP cards are FREE from the ATF, and I have a camera app on my phone.
Link Posted: 2/18/2019 10:01:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Update, I got an email for my second docusign through SS for my Form 1 about a half hour ago.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 9:56:24 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Screw that, the FP cards are FREE from the ATF, and I have a camera app on my phone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's true, but there's still room for a convenience factor w/ fingerprints you know have been accepted on other forms and a picture to send with it.

It could be an easy sale for them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:23:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Update, I got an email for my second docusign through SS for my Form 1 about a half hour ago.
View Quote
Me too.  It looks like they added a power of attorney form giving SS the ability to submit the F1 on your behalf.  Presumably, this is the fix that the ATF agreed to, and now things are going again.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#36]
does this mean progress?!?!?! I've been waiting to saw 6" off a shotgun barrel for years now, is it finally going through?
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 1:15:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
does this mean progress?!?!?! I've been waiting to saw 6" off a shotgun barrel for years now, is it finally going through?
View Quote
You could always efile the F1 yourself and it would have gone through at any time.  It was only the SS efile ones that were in limbo.

I’d say it means progress.  I doubt SS would have resent the documents out for signature unless they were absolutely sure that the ATF was onboard with the “fix” and they had documentation from the ATF saying so.  Now the question will be how long it will take since SS probably had thousands of F1s that all have to be resubmitted.
Link Posted: 2/19/2019 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You could always efile the F1 yourself and it would have gone through at any time.  It was only the SS efile ones that were in limbo.

I’d say it means progress.  I doubt SS would have resent the documents out for signature unless they were absolutely sure that the ATF was onboard with the “fix” and they had documentation from the ATF saying so.  Now the question will be how long it will take since SS probably had thousands of F1s that all have to be resubmitted.
View Quote
I could do it myself, but part of this was being the laziest I could to get it done. filed it with my feet up at work waiting on a meeting. I run around all the time and this is a "shits and giggles" NFA for me, so I don't wanna do stuff. I guess that leaves me waiting though, so there's that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:29:52 AM EDT
[#39]
I also received the docusign request and then yesterday received a SS email with instructions and link to ATF E-forms to complete and sign in e-forms.  I believe this is the fix they have for their problem.  I hope this also means the Form 1 support will be back again soon.  I am thinking of a few more projects!
Link Posted: 2/25/2019 9:39:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I also received the docusign request and then yesterday received a SS email with instructions and link to ATF E-forms to complete and sign in e-forms.  I believe this is the fix they have for their problem.  I hope this also means the Form 1 support will be back again soon.  I am thinking of a few more projects!
View Quote
I received my email this evening and immediately completed the steps. We'll see how long this takes!
Link Posted: 3/12/2019 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#41]
One of my Silencer Shop form 1 came today Its for SBR/ Yugo M92 I am going to finish !

about 8 months.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You don't need to go to the local PD. You just need a fingerprint pad and free FD-258LE cards from the ATF.
View Quote
Yeah local PD charged me $30 to do 2 cards. I used the link mentioned on here a lot to get the cards, and bought a pad and holder to roll my own. I'm wondering if SS could offer you copies of what they have on file.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:08:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yeah local PD charged me $30 to do 2 cards. I used the link mentioned on here a lot to get the cards, and bought a pad and holder to roll my own. I'm wondering if SS could offer you copies of what they have on file.
View Quote
If you call them they’ll do it for a fee.
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Woohoo. My Eform1 was approved this morning. According to Silencer Shop they submitted my fingerprints immediately when I finished the stuff on the ATF website.

ETA - Submitted 2/25
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Woohoo. My Eform1 was approved this morning. According to Silencer Shop they submitted my fingerprints immediately when I finished the stuff on the ATF website.

ETA - Submitted 2/25
View Quote
... Of 2019? Holy fuck
Link Posted: 3/14/2019 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

... Of 2019? Holy fuck
View Quote
Yeah bro, Eform 1s are the shit.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#47]
So can someone tell me why the silencershop form 1 still says out of stock?
I bought 2 tax stamps from them in January and I have no way of E-filing other than asking for a refund from them and starting over.
Link Posted: 3/27/2019 12:20:10 AM EDT
[#48]
I waited on the silencer ship form 1 service to come back up for a while. Got tired of waiting.

Free ATF fingerprint cards, sheriff department fingerprinted me for free. Efiled, mailed my CLEO notification the eform sent me, sent in my finger prints. Approved in less than 2 weeks. Easy as can be. Don’t wait on SilencerShop, just efile
Link Posted: 3/30/2019 5:52:21 PM EDT
[#49]
I also got tired of waiting and did the form 1 myself last night. Don’t think I’ll be using their form 1 service again.
Link Posted: 4/2/2019 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#50]
I’ve done it both ways and honestly for me it’s worth the little bit of cash it cost.  Sure it’s been a bit of a fiasco out the gate but I think that’s sorted now.  I will go back to using them when they start working it again.

I will admit the first one took so long that I had to dig deep in the safe to find the lower it was filed on.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top