Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2018 1:43:00 AM EDT
So it seems there is little to no attention in reloading 12g trap shells here and the information I've found is about 10 years old. I'm sure there's newer tech and info.

I've heard that it used to be totally worth it but now since Walmart has cases pretty cheap (100 rnds for $21) and cost of reloading supplies has gone up, is it worth it?

I want to get into reloading my own trap shells but if I'm only saving a couple cents a box, I'll just go to Wally world. My time is more valuable.

My question is, how much are you saving?

P.s I'll probably shoot 15k -20k this year
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 2:52:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I just stick with the walmart federal value packs. They go where you point them, and for me it's mostly a time vs cost trade off.

You can do some cool stuff with the 12ga reloads for clays, but it's your free time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:20:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:39:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a free press, AA hulls, and some shot given to me so I figured I'd give it a try. When I calculated the cost to buy the stuff (at dealer cost cause I have a hookup) I think I saved $.03 a round vs the clever mirage I buy by the case. I think i got it to $.05 a shell of I bought powder 40lb at a time.

I shoot maybe 200 rds a year so not worth it for me. I loaded some at 1000 fps instead of the 1200 and couldn't even tell the difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top