Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 8:20:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 9:57:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I bet that wasn't weird when they we're like, "thafuq you doing in here with Lights off?"
View Quote

Luckily the guy that walked in on me has worked with me for 10 years. He's used to my stupid antics. I received a scolding of "Ay ay ay, cochino!"
Link Posted: 8/25/2020 9:59:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
FedEx apparently had to replace my barcode, and the PVS-14 has arrived a week late.

Lum:  2211
Halo:  0.97
EBI:  1.02
Res:  76
FOM:  2432
SNR:  32
View Quote

Dat FOM tho!

Link Posted: 8/27/2020 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
ordered the tnvc pvs14 pn 9415xlsh-1 on july 4th and got it last week. Photocathode Sensitivity 2484, Halo .67, EBI 1.96, resolution 76, FOM 2348, Sig to Noise 30.9. There is a large blem in zone 1 that bummed me out when I first powered it up. However when I am outside using it I dont even notice it. I have a filmless L3 pvs14 in green that I dont have specs on the tube. When I run these side by side on a KVC bridge they have pretty much identicle picture and performance to my eyes/brain. I have been out in 85 degrees with 90 percent humidity/solid overcast with no illumination and cant see any problems or performance issues with the higher EBI number. For the price/performance, and the crazy times we are in, I am glad to have this unit in hand. It is interesting that when I am looking through both on the bridge, my brain picture is the WP, not green. I really like running this elbit wp pvs14 with the china skeet on the KVC bridge.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#7]
bump to see if others have recently gotten their units
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 6:14:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
ordered the tnvc pvs14 pn 9415xlsh-1 on july 4th and got it last week.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/30/2020 4:14:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered late in the day July 3rd, arrived August 24th. DTNVGs.

Photocathode
1763/1847

Halo
.93/.77

EBI
.17/.34

Resolution
64/64

FOM
1536/1523

S:N
24/23.8

Zone 2 blem on both tubes, easily noticeable on the left, very small (have to look for it) on the right.

I have about an hour on them so far. I was hoping for a bit better signal to noise value, but I have found myself in the same camp as so many others when it comes to WP vs GP; I think the color of WP combined with reduced strain of binocular vision makes up for a little bit noisier tube at this price point.

And holy shit dovetail is the only way to go... coming from experience with j-arms.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#10]
any chance of the XLS being available again before the end of September?
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#11]
YES /... this...

ready and willing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 8:14:19 PM EDT
[#12]
reason I ask is I have the ability to pull from my 401k with no penalty until the end of September. I'd love to get a set of bino if possible.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 4:04:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm down range right now...and I want to order these for when I get home. I don't care if they take 6 months haha. I wish I could just order.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 5:12:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
any chance of the XLS being available again before the end of September?
View Quote

Over on the Hide, TNVC said hopefully by November
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 1:19:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Ouch. And then a 3-4 month wait from then. Might as well save up and get real tubes. Victims of their own success. Hopefully the election will end the hysteria and demand will simmer a bit
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 1:26:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Over on the Hide, TNVC said hopefully by November
View Quote

I hope not or it'll be out of consideration for me
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 1:59:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
reason I ask is I have the ability to pull from my 401k with no penalty until the end of September. I'd love to get a set of bino if possible.
View Quote

I won't GD you on pulling from 401k for NV, but make sure you research the tax consequences of pulling that money out.

Quoted:
Ouch. And then a 3-4 month wait from then. Might as well save up and get real tubes. Victims of their own success. Hopefully the election will end the hysteria and demand will simmer a bit
View Quote

Most places I was looking at had a pretty significant wait right now. I got my 14 in a month from them. I'm new to the NV world as well, but whether tube, mount, helmet, etc...it seems like everything can include a significant wait period.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 2:01:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 2:04:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Mil-spec but you knew what I meant
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 3:18:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 3:19:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Actually I did not..Now if a Gen 1 was offered or a low Gen 2 commerical I would have.
View Quote

Im glad you asked him, because I didnt know either!
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 5:12:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Real tubes?  
View Quote

Yeah i also wrinkled my nose at that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 6:01:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah i also wrinkled my nose at that.
View Quote

On the bright side, this fake ass $2350 Elbit WP tube is better than no tube at all for months and months.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 8:36:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

On the bright side, this fake ass $2350 Elbit WP tube is better than no tube at all for months and months.
View Quote

I am chomping at the bit to get mine.  I already know I'm going to end up with some RNVG to go with.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I am chomping at the bit to get mine.  I already know I'm going to end up with some RNVG to go with.
View Quote

I 100% said that i would be OK with the monocular before buying. The first time I tried navigating with the monocular, I immediately said "I have to get binos"
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 9:39:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

My handpicked elbit xlsh tubes were better than 90% of "mil spec tubes" out there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I 100% said that i would be OK with the monocular before buying. The first time I tried navigating with the monocular, I immediately said "I have to get binos"
View Quote

The learning curve is steeper with mono. And it feels much more comfortable to use binos for sure.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 4:22:26 AM EDT
[#28]
These mono comments are comical. I have thousands of hours under mono 14s....and they have been just fine. Climbing, running, shooting, driving, jumping, ect.

That being said....I prefer binos, and luckily that's all I run now. But, def don't turn your head to a good mono 14 just because its a mono......
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
These mono comments are comical. I have thousands of hours under mono 14s....and they have been just fine. Climbing, running, shooting, driving, jumping, ect.

That being said....I prefer binos, and luckily that's all I run now. But, def don't turn your head to a good mono 14 just because its a mono......
View Quote

Maybe some take to it easier than others? I use my mono almost nightly since I got it. I can pick my way through my currently disheveled 4 car garage, walk my woods paths and even most of the deer runs, without any problems at all. Getting in to the heavier cover is harder, because the tangle foot vining is out of control here. But yeah, felt just like a duck to water for me.
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Well to provide hope for the waiting masses......ordered via web July 3 @1847 EST

Got a shipping notification today.........
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:10:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Well to provide hope for the waiting masses......ordered via web July 3 @1847 EST

View Quote

I'd just like the ability to order.
Grats though!
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Maybe some take to it easier than others? I use my mono almost nightly since I got it. I can pick my way through my currently disheveled 4 car garage, walk my woods paths and even most of the deer runs, without any problems at all. Getting in to the heavier cover is harder, because the tangle foot vining is out of control here. But yeah, felt just like a duck to water for me.
View Quote

humble brag
Link Posted: 9/1/2020 8:32:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

humble brag
View Quote

If ya say so. Not sure how to convey a lot of obstacles otherwise.
If you insist on being offended tho, this is a good read.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:29:17 AM EDT
[#34]
PVS-14 ordered 7/03, on the truck today.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 8:51:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Same here. I ordered about an hour before you and got shipping notice yesterday. Won't be here until mid-next week though.

It looks like the next batch is out the door! Can't wait to see what people are getting for specs currently.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:07:04 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

If ya say so. Not sure how to convey a lot of obstacles otherwise.
If you insist on being offended tho, this is a good read.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:44:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

humble brag
View Quote

We're in the NV forum. This entire forum existing is "humble brag"
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
PVS-14 ordered 7/03, on the truck today.
View Quote

2 months later and they are still on day 1 orders.  I’d like to know how many people ordered in that week or so it was opened for orders.  Had to be a ton.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 12:27:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

2 months later and they are still on day 1 orders.  I’d like to know how many people ordered in that week or so it was opened for orders.  Had to be a ton.
View Quote

Hundreds

I was told an approximate number, but it's not my place to reveal it publicly.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Lots of folks are posting updates to keep people informed since there was such interest and it continues. Was looking for less expensive options for a while and was working through some discount tubes on spreadsheets and wasn't happy with numbers and specs but pricing was going to be right. Then this deal popped.

I've had such bad luck recently with waits, had a dealer Fuck up a Form 3 and still waiting 2 plus months to get that straightened out to start  the form 4 bullshit wait. Had yet another dealer fuck up a Form 4 that got kicked back but I reviewed it and missed the error as well so not that pissed about that. Another dealer let my stamp sit 37 days before confirming when I called that it was in all in the past few months.

I'm completely convinced I'm going to win the night vision lottery on this Deall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Since everything else has pretty much shit the bed recently and it's in the mail so unless some fuckstick steals it at the mailbox Imma be winner!....or at the very least see more shit in the dark.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

TNVC said this was by far their most popular "new offering" and it broke record sales in the hundreds.

That being said, I believe a lot of the delays have come down to supply issues. From what we have been hearing from TNVC, certain mil-spec parts will run out and there is a lag waiting for the supplier to catch up. They aren't just limited by their ability to crank these units out the door in a 24x7 fashion. This is evident in the fact that people that placed orders for binos AFTER people that placed monocular orders and received them first. I can personally attest to this as some people received binos that placed their order AFTER my PVS-14 order.

Either way, rest assured TNVC has our backs and will come through eventually!
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 3:36:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 4:46:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

TNVC said this was by far their most popular "new offering" and it broke record sales in the hundreds.

That being said, I believe a lot of the delays have come down to supply issues. From what we have been hearing from TNVC, certain mil-spec parts will run out and there is a lag waiting for the supplier to catch up. They aren't just limited by their ability to crank these units out the door in a 24x7 fashion. This is evident in the fact that people that placed orders for binos AFTER people that placed monocular orders and received them first. I can personally attest to this as some people received binos that placed their order AFTER my PVS-14 order.

Either way, rest assured TNVC has our backs and will come through eventually!
View Quote

so what I'm hearing is I should upgrade to RNVG immediately?
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

This does not bode well for me. I placed my order on 7/28
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

We're in the NV forum. This entire forum existing is "humble brag"
View Quote

No joke. I always felt that people were spending an impressive amount of money on their rifles, optics, etc. Come over here, and people casually post pictures of $20k worth of gear. Guy with a Breach gets a response with a COTI and he gets upped by an E-COTI. Three Mawls and an PEQ in the next picture.
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 3:08:05 AM EDT
[#46]
Contacted them recently to see if there is any projected dates, nothing yet.

I'm overseas and not in a rush to get them (because i'm gone). But I would love to at least place a backordered order so i can secure a spot haha.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:18:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Just got the rnvgs in that I ordered on the 4th. My first nv.

They're pretty awesome. One tube has a decent size blem halfway out at 3 o'clock, the other has a fair amount of peppering.

Res: 81/72
Ebi: .73/1.61
Halo: .71/.68
Sn: 30.3/32

I'm pretty satisfied so far. The fit between my g24 and cheap korean helmet is less great.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 12:49:40 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just got the rnvgs in that I ordered on the 4th. My first nv.

They're pretty awesome. One tube has a decent size blem halfway out at 3 o'clock, the other has a fair amount of peppering.

Res: 81/72
Ebi: .73/1.61
Halo: .71/.68
Sn: 30.3/32

I'm pretty satisfied so far. The fit between my g24 and cheap korean helmet is less great.
View Quote

Assumings its rattling try some velcro loop side behind the mount inside the shroud.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 8:16:41 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

I tried both on the same night and ended up buying a monocular.

YOU need to try before YOU buy, is absolutely my stance on optics.
Link Posted: 9/4/2020 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Received today and ordered 7/3

Lum:  2194
Halo:  0.72
EBI: .49
Res: 64
FOM:  2118.4
SNR: 33.1
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top