Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 20
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I didnt know 31As came with spec sheets.   Is this a new thing?
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 8:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:53:39 AM EDT
[#4]
DTNVS w/ L3 24UA Unfilmed WP tubes from Licentia Arms. Took 10 days (not including weekends and Memorial Day).

PS: 2490/2422
EBI: 0.7/1.0
SNR: 36.1/35.6
CR: 72/72
Halo: 0.7/0.7
FOM: 2599/2563

No spots/blems on the data sheets. Each one has maybe 1 tiny pepper flake each, 1 in zone 2's outskirts and the other has 1 in zone 3.

How did I do?
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 9:58:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
DTNVS w/ L3 24UA Unfilmed WP tubes from Licentia Arms. Took 10 days (not including weekends and Memorial Day).

No spots/blems on the data sheets. Each one has maybe 1 tiny pepper flake each, 1 in zone 2's outskirts and the other has 1 in zone 3.

How did I do?
View Quote

Those are great specs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:09:46 PM EDT
[#6]
TNVC/PVS14 ordered on 3/1/2022 and received on 6/22/2022
Quoted lead time 24 weeks (actual 16 weeks)

PS: 2549
EBI: 1.0
SNR: 34.4
CR: 72
Halo: 0.7
FOM: 2476

Clean tube, zero defects all three zones.

Excellent pre-sales and pre-delivery support from Will and others at TNVC.
I felt much better about jumping into this kind of expense with some guidance. Sun is still up here so no report of how it looks yet.

[Edit] pretty amazing being able to see in the dark. The D2 illuminator does exactly what is advertised too. Brings light to those dark areas in the tree line.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 2:27:22 PM EDT
[#7]
TNVC L3 PVS-14 Filmless WP, ordered 10/21/21, in hands 6/10/22 (quoted 24 weeks, actual 30+)
PS: 2383
EBI: 0.6
SNR: 35.2
FOM: 2534.4

Tube is pretty great, but gonna be honest after finding this thread and reading, I feel kinda forgotten/slipped through cracks.  Quoted the seemingly standard 24 weeks when I put my order, then nothing until I reached out myself about the order on 6/1/22.    Got a response almost immediately saying they would look into it, and then suddenly a package was on the way a couple days later, with a tube that was tested back in october before my order even.  The tube is great so cant complain too much, but it feels like  my order was forgotten and I would have never gotten my tube if I didn't reach out, and they just grabbed a random tube sitting around that had the specs and sent it out.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

How did I do?
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 10:39:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 9:23:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
TNVC L3 PVS-14 Filmless WP, ordered 10/21/21, in hands 6/10/22 (quoted 24 weeks, actual 30+)
PS: 2383
EBI: 0.6
SNR: 35.2
FOM: 2534.4

Tube is pretty great, but gonna be honest after finding this thread and reading, I feel kinda forgotten/slipped through cracks.  Quoted the seemingly standard 24 weeks when I put my order, then nothing until I reached out myself about the order on 6/1/22.    Got a response almost immediately saying they would look into it, and then suddenly a package was on the way a couple days later, with a tube that was tested back in october before my order even.  The tube is great so cant complain too much, but it feels like  my order was forgotten and I would have never gotten my tube if I didn't reach out, and they just grabbed a random tube sitting around that had the specs and sent it out.
View Quote

That's an excellent tube.
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#12]
This thread has kind of died off.  I liked seeing all of the new stuff going out and what specs were.  Anyone get anything new and want to share??
Link Posted: 7/18/2022 6:19:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
This thread has kind of died off.  I liked seeing all of the new stuff going out and what specs were.  Anyone get anything new and want to share??
View Quote

I’ve picked a tube and am waiting for it to be built. I’ll have some specs and review in 1-3 weeks.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:12:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I talked to Robert at JRH last weekend. I had emailed a few companies to prove stuff out and get advice and he came out on top. We talked last Saturday about what I was looking for, price range, and what he had on the shelf. We picked out a tube and he let me know that he was just waiting on bodies and it might be 1-2 weeks before they came in. After seeing some of the wait times others have dealt with, that time span didn’t seem bad.

Fast forwards, I got an email Thursday that the tube was built and ready to be paid for and shipped out. Once that was taken care of I got a tracking number and waited for it to arrive.

Unit got delivered today. Nicely packed, it came in one of their hard cases with a manual and a few other extras. Read through their FAQ included with the spec sheet and looked it over. Works great so far, though I’ve only used it briefly with the daytime cap on and in a dark closet. Tube is clean, I don’t see anything like peppering or spots, but I’m also probably not as anal as some can be with these things.

Specs:
Photocathode Sensitivity: 2185
Halo: 0.73
EBI: 0.51
Resolution: 81
FOM: 2648.7
Signal to Noise: 32.7

No spots in any zone.

Obligatory potato pic.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 12:31:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I talked to Robert at JRH last weekend. I had emailed a few companies to prove stuff out and get advice and he came out on top. We talked last Saturday about what I was looking for, price range, and what he had on the shelf. We picked out a tube and he let me know that he was just waiting on bodies and it might be 1-2 weeks before they came in. After seeing some of the wait times others have dealt with, that time span didn’t seem bad.
Fast forwards, I got an email Thursday that the tube was built and ready to be paid for and shipped out. Once that was taken care of I got a tracking number and waited for it to arrive.
Unit got delivered today. Nicely packed, it came in one of their hard cases with a manual and a few other extras. Read through their FAQ included with the spec sheet and looked it over. Works great so far, though I’ve only used it briefly with the daytime cap on and in a dark closet. Tube is clean, I don’t see anything like peppering or spots, but I’m also probably not as anal as some can be with these things.
Specs:
Photocathode Sensitivity: 2185
Halo: 0.73
EBI: 0.51
Resolution: 81
FOM: 2648.7
Signal to Noise: 32.7
No spots in any zone.
Obligatory potato pic.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/226396/64F603DD-B772-48B2-B7C3-0128902CC160_jpe-2462882.JPG
View Quote

Congrats and welcome to the addiction! Robert is definitely a solid dude who's contributed alot to this community. He's always great w comms and pricing too.  Enjoy the new toy, get out of the closet with your shoes and take some pics outdoors.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Congrats and welcome to the addiction! Robert is definitely a solid dude who's contributed alot to this community. He's always great w comms and pricing too.  Enjoy the new toy, get out of the closet with your shoes and take some pics outdoors.
View Quote

I'll be getting it out pretty soon. Waiting on my suppressor to get out of jail and everything will be all set. Going to spend the next week determining what mounting hardware I want to go with.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:59:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'll be getting it out pretty soon. Waiting on my suppressor to get out of jail and everything will be all set. Going to spend the next week determining what mounting hardware I want to go with.
View Quote

GTG. No doubt you'll have plenty of help from guys here who've done the brutal trial and error, spending thousands to T&E everything out there before settling on the gear which worked best for them. Perhaps lucky for you I'm one of them.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#19]
My purchase decision process began in February this year, though I was planning on owning my own NOD for a long while. Things happened that precluded me from committing to a premium binocular with any sense of financial responsibility. It was not an easy or hasty decision and I looked at every option carefully, including the new products introduced or teased at the beginning of the year. I talked to many well-established and some new vendors about many possibilities (all very positive interactions BTW).

At the time, my only personal experience with night vision was a cool private introductory class that Terrato hosted for me and my friend, featuring two different PVS-14 setups. I have to thank him for showing me the value and capability of the classic monocular. That experience was a great help to my final decision. I have sense gained about 40 hours of aircrew experience under AN/AVS-6 goggles, including aerial gunnery and sling load operations. I also did a driving test with a PVS-14. This has actually helped my satisfaction overall. Brass Facts recently made a great video making a case for the PVS-14 that I would highly recommend to those that are struggling with choices.

When it came down to it, I felt the most confident requesting a hand-select L3Harris Unfilmed WP TNV/PVS-14 (Multicam) from TNVC. I had devoured just about all of TNVC's online content over a couple years, including vSHOTT shows and content from Will and Sam. There are other great people/vendors out there but this just felt right to me and knew I was getting outstanding customer service.

I placed my order on March 22nd after asking both Will and Eric about my requested tube specs. Will followed up an email with a phone call to discuss them as well, making small changes to increase the odds of getting the performance I wanted in a predictable time frame. I wanted to have the NOD in hand before the end of the summer and was expecting it at the end of August or early September.

My requested specs (taken from Sam's spec discussion videos):
SNR: 35 or greater
LP/MM: 72
Halo: 0.6 or less (Will talked me into accepting a little more if necessary.)
EBI: less than 1.0
No black spots, blemishes, FPN, streaks, chicken wire, etc.

On July 29th I emailed Will to see if they had found a matching tube and everything was going smoothly. He informed me that Carina from the build team had emailed me about a tube. Sure enough, I had missed her email in my spam folder. She asked if light peppering was acceptable in zone 2. I slept on it, clarified that that it still met aviation standards, and told her to send it.

I picked it up from the UPS Store on August 5th. What I got:
SNR: 36.6
EBI: 0.9
Small "pepper flake" <0.003" that is almost exactly at 12:00 when worn, around halfway through zone 2. Like Carina told me, it does not appear on the spec sheet. I'm having trouble even getting a pic of it against a white wall.

The view to my 5:00 in the following pics:
Attachment Attached File

Viewing the display unaided. In person I could faintly see outlines of foliage against the sky and some vague indistinct shapes:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

The blur at the bottom 5:00 edge of this picture is due to my poor alignment with the camera. I have a pic with a crisper field of view edge but I like the angle of the copters better in this pic. Of course, my tube is not nearly this blue to the human eye. It is basically black and white with a subtle light pale green tint.

Big thanks to Will for entertaining all of my questions with great professionalism and timing, as well as Eric and Carina and whoever built this. I'm very satisfied with my NOD and the whole process of acquiring it. I'm looking forward to enjoying the outdoors from a different perspective this year.
Link Posted: 8/7/2022 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
My purchase decision process began in February this year, though I was planning on owning my own NOD for a long while. Things happened that precluded me from committing to a premium binocular with any sense of financial responsibility. It was not an easy or hasty decision and I looked at every option carefully, including the new products introduced or teased at the beginning of the year. I talked to many well-established and some new vendors about many possibilities (all very positive interactions BTW).
At the time, my only personal experience with night vision was a cool private introductory class that Terrato hosted for me and my friend, featuring two different PVS-14 setups. I have to thank him for showing me the value and capability of the classic monocular. That experience was a great help to my final decision. I have sense gained about 40 hours of aircrew experience under AN/AVS-6 goggles, including aerial gunnery and sling load operations. I also did a driving test with a PVS-14. This has actually helped my satisfaction overall. Brass Facts recently made a great video making a case for the PVS-14 that I would highly recommend to those that are struggling with choices.
When it came down to it, I felt the most confident requesting a hand-select L3Harris Unfilmed WP TNV/PVS-14 (Multicam) from TNVC. I had devoured just about all of TNVC's online content over a couple years, including vSHOTT shows and content from Will and Sam. There are other great people/vendors out there but this just felt right to me and knew I was getting outstanding customer service.

I placed my order on March 22nd after asking both Will and Eric about my requested tube specs. Will followed up an email with a phone call to discuss them as well, making small changes to increase the odds of getting the performance I wanted in a predictable time frame. I wanted to have the NOD in hand before the end of the summer and was expecting it at the end of August or early September.
SNR: 35 or great
On July 29th I emailed Will to see if they had found a matching tube and everything was going smoothly. He informed me that Carina from the build team had emailed me about a tube. Sure enough, I had missed her email in my spam folder. She asked if light peppering was acceptable in zone 2. I slept on it, clarified that that it still met aviation standards, and told her to send it.

Small "pepper flake" <0.003" that is almost exactly at 12:00 when worn, around halfway through zone 2. Like Carina told me, it does not appear on the spec sheet. I'm having trouble even getting a pic of it against a white wall.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475543/20220805_215307R_jpg-2480536.JPG

Viewing the display unaided. In person I could faintly see outlines of foliage against the sky and some vague indistinct shapes:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475543/20220805_215459R_jpg-2480543.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475543/20220805_215455_jpg-2480546.JPG
The blur at the bottom 5:00 edge of this picture is due to my poor alignment with the camera. I have a pic with a crisper field of view edge but I like the angle of the copters better in this pic. Of course, my tube is not nearly this blue to the human eye. It is basically black and white with a subtle light pale green tint.

Big thanks to Will for entertaining all of my questions with great professionalism and timing, as well as Eric and Carina and whoever built this. I'm very satisfied with my NOD and the whole process of acquiring it. I'm looking forward to enjoying the outdoors from a different perspective this year.
View Quote

Now THAT was a killer post right there! Best ever. CONGRATS!
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:29:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 7:43:29 PM EDT
[#23]
TNVC DTNVS WP filmless.  Ordered on 26 Oct 21. Still waiting and that's because I was very particular about my specs (almost ridiculous) you could say. I wait with baited breath for my first wizard eyes. Very excited to finally join the league of shadow walkers at some point.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 8:42:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#25]
TNVC DTNVS w/ L3Harris SuperGains! SOOO EXCITED that they are finally HERE!!!!
ORDERED:   09/02/2022
DELIVERED:  09/02/2022

LEFT tube:

RIGHT tube:

SPECS!:

EBI: 0.0/0.0
SNR: 56.8/56.4
CR: 81/81
Halo: 0.1/0.1
FOM: 4599/4563

ZERO SPOTS on DATA SHEETS!

How did I do?

Thank you Will for helping me with order!
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/2/2022 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/AzJHPOS.jpg

LEFT tube:

https://i.imgur.com/o4E3xHX.jpg

RIGHT tube:
https://i.imgur.com/S0NsfCs.jpg

SPECS!:

How did I do?

View Quote

Great specs and I dig the cardboard nocorium but you completely neglected the most important thing which is if these have the IPD stops

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/12/2022 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#28]
My RNVGs are back from TNVC after getting updgraded with SuperGain tubes!

RNVG-SG L3 unfilmed WP from TNVC

Sent them off early September, got them back today.

Gain:  100332/108766
PS:  2490/2427
EBI:  0.8/0.6
SNR:  38.2/38.2
Res:  72/72
Halo: 0.6/0.7
Spotless

I'm receiving these just in time for darkness to really set in at the local night matches.  I look forward to trying them very soon.
Link Posted: 10/12/2022 11:52:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

LEFT tube:

RIGHT tube:

SPECS!:

How did I do?

View Quote

Will !!
I thought those were the tubes you promised me over the phone with no EBI...!!! WTH
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 12:20:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

SNR: 35 or greater

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475543/20220805_215307R_jpg-2480536.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475543/20220805_215459R_jpg-2480543.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/475543/20220805_215455_jpg-2480546.JPG

View Quote

Nice! I don't like halo values under 0.7, personally.

As to the video, I went through a lot of that myself. I agree with him....if this will change your financial health...dont go duals. My pvs14 allowed me to do everything my duals do. But like he also said, duals are about quality of life.

The best I can describe it is back when all the face masking began, we figured out just how shit our hearing really was...because we had gotten pretty good at reading lips subconsciously. A mono is like that. The brain has less sources of input. Duals is like having the conversation without the mask. Same talk. Same hearing. You're just going to get the message more clearly with less "huh?".

Also, I sold my pvs14 for roughly what I paid for it. Its not like if you buy a good pvs14 "now you're going to take a bath" if you later decide to sell and go binos.
Link Posted: 10/13/2022 2:10:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 4:32:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

LEFT tube:

RIGHT tube:

SPECS!:

How did I do?

View Quote

I'd say keep wiping your ass for a few more weeks and try 2 more tubes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 12:06:34 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'd say keep wiping your ass for a few more weeks and try 2 more tubes.
View Quote

Classic bruh..brush... ????
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 8:45:19 AM EDT
[#34]
That was actually one of the funniest things I've ever seen posted here.  

Even more so because toilet paper tubes were a field expedient scope shade for the S/S bubbas back in my day.  They would even scrunch them up ever so slightly so there wasn't a perfectly round hole to be seen.  Back in the Stone Age with M-40's and Unertl scopes.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 11/3/2022 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#36]
This is my first post here, but I wanted to share some feedback on my first monocular I have ever received. I attended an expo at a range in CA called Route 66 Shooting Park. They partnered with number of companies that donated to a large number of raffles for the event. I submit one ticket for the Nocturn Industries Tanto and so happened to be selected as the winning number. My mind was blown and I actually got the chance to take an Intro to NV course thru Route 66 just this past weekend.

1. Vendor:
Nocturn Industries

2. Quoted wait time vs actual wait time:
Their website shows an estimated lead time of 6 to 10 weeks. However once I confirmed I won the raffle and contacted them, they had the Tanto built and delivered in 3 weeks.

3. Specs on tubes:
Info provided on the site is Aviation Grade Military Surplus Gen 3 Green Phosphor MX10160C Exelis/ITT image tubes. I asked if they had a spec sheet but they said it wouldn't be possible to get them since the companies have switched so much. I am curious about the tubes so maybe someday I'll get more info about them. However, they are very sharp and only have two very small blem specs in zone 3.

4. Overall impression of said vendor:
I am of course going to have somewhat of a biased opinion given that these were given to me freely. Overall, I had really good communication throught the 3 week period with the builder/POC from Nocturn. They let me pick the housing color and tried to get them to me as quickly as can be which was very cool of them. The Tanto is really lightweight and performed flawlessly over the 3 hour course over the weekend. I plan to use them to the fullest extent from here on out. So I would give them high praise and certainly recommend them to others.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#37]
1. Vendor
N-Vision Optics

2. Quoted wait time vs actual wait time
Said it was in stock and it was, ordered 11/13 and received 11/17

3. Specs on tubes
PVS-14 with Elbit YH WP tube for $2795
LP - 81
SNR - 31
EBI - 1.02
HALO - 0.82
FOM - 2511
no spots

4. Overall impression of said vendor
Hadn't heard of them before but saw them post this pre-Black Friday deal as a site sponsor so I figured it was good to go, no complaints but also didn't have any contact with them
Link Posted: 11/20/2022 12:47:58 AM EDT
[#38]

1. Vendor:
Black Phase Tactical

2. Quoted wait time vs actual wait time:
Tubes in stock shipped same day or next

3. Specs on tubes
SNR:   32
RES:   72
EBI:   .13
HALO:   .69
Gain: 68985

SNR:   32.5
RES:   72
EBI:   .56
HALO:   .71
Gain: 68923

4. Overall impression of said vendor:
Quick to respond to multiple emails and ship day of or next day.  Great tubes at a great price!!!!
Page / 20
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top