Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 9:46:39 PM EDT
I've been using this one below. I actually have two of them, and I am not impressed with the quality of the stitching. I had to send one back for replacement, and I am already noticing the 2nd one is starting to have a minor issue. I'm afraid it will get worse.

I don't want to out them, but if you recognize it you'll know.

I am looking for something similar.

I want low profile not a huge rig. I want 4-6 mag pouches, single pouches not doubled up in a pouch. Built in like this one is preferred but might consider molle pouches added on to a flat vest if necessary. I have plenty of pouches I can throw on but prefer the slimmer rig like this one with them built it.

Molle webbing a must so I can add the pistol mag pouch and possibly other pouches if the need arises.

There isn't much out there I can find that is very similar. Most are too small or too much. I do not want much bigger and wrap all the way around me like the tactical tailor MAV. Do not want criss crossing straps either.

I like the LBT 2586A a lot but I cannot find one in stock. I like the look of the Max Velocity tactical one too but I think its discontinued. I don't think they even sell chest rigs anymore at all. I asked them.

Something similar to mine, or the LBT 2586A is what I am looking for. Any suggestions ?

Mine

Attachment Attached File

LBT

Attachment Attached File

Max Velocity
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
The mayflower gen IC looks pretty much like what you're looking for. Excellent build quality and a very modular piece of kit. I have a few of their rigs, the gen IV placard, and their LPAC chest rig. The best part of these setups is they are compatible with the swiftclip system, so they can clip onto the front of many of the most common plate carriers easily and be removed when you want to run slick. You can also hook them onto packs like the HSP flatpack or eagle Yote and have a fairly well integrated system if you're running no plates.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Mayflower
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 10:17:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Kick it old school with a legit Blackwater IO rig. Still one of the best in my opinion...

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:05:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kick it old school with a legit Blackwater IO rig. Still one of the best in my opinion...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/524563/PXL_20210429_150606984_2-1923324.jpg
View Quote

Not enough real estate. Absolute minimum is going to be 4 rifle pouches and 1 pistol double mag pouch.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:06:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The mayflower gen IC looks pretty much like what you're looking for. Excellent build quality and a very modular piece of kit. I have a few of their rigs, the gen IV placard, and their LPAC chest rig. The best part of these setups is they are compatible with the swiftclip system, so they can clip onto the front of many of the most common plate carriers easily and be removed when you want to run slick. You can also hook them onto packs like the HSP flatpack or eagle Yote and have a fairly well integrated system if you're running no plates.
View Quote

I am familiar with that one I don't like all the extra pouches on the front. Considered it. I don't think I would be happy. Yes it looks similar to the max velocity which I like but I believe those pouches on the max are just throw on and removable.

I'd really like at least 5 mag pouches like mine but for the right one I might consider 4, esp if there is molle straps to add a pouch on the side for the 5th mag.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:24:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not enough real estate. Absolute minimum is going to be 4 rifle pouches and 1 pistol double mag pouch.
View Quote

@wyomingnick It has 4 integrated rifle pouches

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#7]
USGI TAP rack comes to mind.

ETA: It has 8 mag pouches, but the last couple can fold in if you need them to.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 9:32:21 AM EDT
[#8]
The ATS Tactical Gear looks like it meets your criteria.

There's also an LBT one on eBay but it looks well-used. LBT will eventually restock, but who knows when.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
USGI TAP rack comes to mind.

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0114/4022/6366/products/IMG_2455-e1555323419852_2048x.jpg?v=1580677688

ETA: It has 8 mag pouches, but the last couple can fold in if you need them to.
View Quote

Yes I have a few of them. They are ok. Not as easy to use or comfortable to wear but they'll work if necessary.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:58:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

There's also an LBT one on eBay but it looks well-used. LBT will eventually restock, but who knows when.
View Quote

I am familiar with the one on eBay but it's too beat up for the price maybe I'll just be waiting for the restock.

I'll check out the ats.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Also consider the LBX Tactical chest rig
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#12]
I run one of these.

WTF PIMPS Rig

It works great for 20 or 30 round AR mags. You may be able to get one of the pouches to stretch enough to fit a double pistol KYWI or similar.

Edit:

Works with a 1911 KYWI. May need something smaller if you’re running double stack mags.

Link Posted: 5/5/2021 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I use ATS with their belt system. 4 mags on the chest and two on the belt. I can also run it with or without body armor by unhooked a few buckles and swapping in the H harness. I used to live in the same area as their store, so it was nice to see their products in person first and meet them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 5:08:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Check EE... Some good rigs on there..

Buy ONCE Cry ONCE

Yeah, your probably not a SEAL Team 14 Member and it at most will be used for some training ( hopefully) ... get best quality you can afford... even used.

Think bout how you will use it...
Can you go prone with it? without it jabbing into you ?

Can you move and access your other gear ?

Can you shoulder your weapon ?

Things to think about

Just my .02 Cents
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 2:40:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've been using this one below. I actually have two of them, and I am not impressed with the quality of the stitching. I had to send one back for replacement, and I am already noticing the 2nd one is starting to have a minor issue. I'm afraid it will get worse.

I want low profile not a huge rig. I want 4-6 mag pouches, single pouches not doubled up in a pouch. Built in like this one is preferred but might consider molle pouches added on to a flat vest if necessary. I have plenty of pouches I can throw on but prefer the slimmer rig like this one with them built it.

Molle webbing a must so I can add the pistol mag pouch and possibly other pouches if the need arises.

There isn't much out there I can find that is very similar. Most are too small or too much. I do not want much bigger and wrap all the way around me like the tactical tailor MAV. Do not want criss crossing straps either.

I like the LBT 2586A a lot but I cannot find one in stock. I like the look of the Max Velocity tactical one too but I think its discontinued. I don't think they even sell chest rigs anymore at all. I asked them.

Something similar to mine, or the LBT 2586A is what I am looking for. Any suggestions ?

Mine

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249377/100_4312_JPG-1928803.JPG

LBT

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249377/lbt_jpg-1928807.JPG

Max Velocity
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249377/max_velocity_jpg-1928804.JPG

View Quote

@wyomingnick Esstac just posted a pic on instagram that they are re-releasing their chesteig. 6mags wide and lopro. Might be what you are looking for
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@wyomingnick Esstac just posted a pic on instagram that they are re-releasing their chesteig. 6mags wide and lopro. Might be what you are looking for
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249377/100_4312_JPG-1928803.JPG

LBT

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249377/lbt_jpg-1928807.JPG

Max Velocity
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/249377/max_velocity_jpg-1928804.JPG

Do you have a link ?

I did buy one of the London bridge ones I linked as they went back in stock. I think I like it. Feels well made. I think I prefer the feel and fit of the one I posted in OP that I already had but I do not have as much trust in the quality so I am glad to have both.

Still I don't mind looking at the esstac.
Link Posted: 5/29/2021 3:10:30 PM EDT
[#17]
The OP already mentioned getting one, but for those looking for something similar, LBT has the 2586A on sale at 35% off this weekend.

https://lbtinc.com/collections/h-harness-gear/products/2586amc
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:27:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Do you have a link ?

I did buy one of the London bridge ones I linked as they went back in stock. I think I like it. Feels well made. I think I prefer the feel and fit of the one I posted in OP that I already had but I do not have as much trust in the quality so I am glad to have both.

View Quote

@wyomingnick here is the pic from their instagram account. Hopefully this is allowed. They said these will be added to the website next week.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@wyomingnick here is the pic from their instagram account. Hopefully this is allowed. They said these will be added to the website next week.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525756/687E8727-6ECA-4D91-BAA3-F322A3FBFC6A_jpe-1960714.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a link ?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525756/687E8727-6ECA-4D91-BAA3-F322A3FBFC6A_jpe-1960714.JPG

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top